Cartomizers are the way to go for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivictus

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2010
NoCal
Have tried this method of refilling your Carts? Easy painless and can fill a cart in about 5 secs.

YouTube - A Great Way To Fill Cartomizers

Yup, that's how I was doing it, and I noticed that I was getting maybe half the juice in a carto than I could by filling with a syringe. Yes, the syringe takes a while longer, but the carto's seem to last twice as long too, with less spillage and mess. when I get new carto's, I plan to get some metal ones that I can clean just by boiling and just drip into them from the bottle itself. but, until then, I'll just deal with what I've got going right now.

WiηgC¤mmαηdεя

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2009
Dieppe, NB
Good price, but unfortunately they only ship to USA... and those that will ship to Canada usually charge a fortune for shipping... rather cost prohibitive to pay between 12 and 25 buck for shipping an 8 dollar pack of cartos!

Keep an eye on our Canadian suppliers, I know of at least one that should have some coming in soon.
Also could post in the Canadian forum what model C-E2 your looking for, a few of us have been making orders from e-liquid.cn and probably could part with some for you.

I only use Cartomizers myself now and don't miss the constant fiddling i had with atomizers

All the best,
Wing.

Last edited:

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Well right now I have the Joye 510 carto's. They are the fully black, plastic ones. I got them cuz it was my first order and had no idea what I was doing. They are a pain in the rear to clean out, so my next order of carto's, I plan to get some that are much easier to refill and clean. I want the metal ones that can be boiled I think.

You don't want to boil cartos! Boiling will shrink the fillers and degrade the future performance. Just use hot tap water to flush out cartos.

A month ago, I poured boiling water into a bowl that contained the first batch of 15 cartos that I had used for about three weeks and let them soak for a while. Using boiling water shrunk the filters by at least 33%, and there was a funky taste. I will no longer use boiling water to clean cartos. Those 15 cartos will never be used again.

I've been using and refilling my second batch of 20 cartos for the last month. I was gonna throw them away, but decided to experiment one more time with cleaning cartomizers.

Yesterday, at about noon, I let them soak in hot tap water (it wasn't that hot) for a couple of hours, then I flushed them out using the syringe method described in my blog, and let them soak in tap water until about 6:30 am this morning. I just finished flushing them out and pushing air through them to remove all the excess water. They're now sitting in front of a fan and will remain there for at least four full days.

I did an experiment a couple of weeks ago using a defective carto. I removed the filler from the defective carto, soaked the filler in water, squeezed the excess water out of the filler, placed the filler back into the carto, and set the carto by a fan for 2½ days. After 2½ days, the filler was still slightly damp, so that told me that I need to let them dry for longer than 2½ days. Four days would probably be enough time. It's not good to refill cartos with juice when the filler is still wet or soggy.

In about four days, I'll fill one of the cartos I just flushed to see if it's vapable and has good and clean-tasting flavor, vapor, and throat hits. I don't expect that I'll keep any of the 20 cartos I just soaked and flushed, because I really don't expect that cleaning them will help to extend their lives.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Do cartomizers work well on a regular 510?

Lori

Lori - Any cartomizers with 510 threads will work on any battery with 510 threads. If you want to use a KR808D-1 cartomizer (has 808/901 threads and has the best flavor and vapor of any carto I've tried so far) on a 510 battery, you can buy an 808/901-atty to 510-battery adapter. GoodProphets.com has the cheapest adapters at 99 cents each. I've bought four adapters and they work fine. But two of those adapters are 510-atty to 808/901-battery adapters, and I may not use those much, because I like the extra flavor, vapor, and throat hits that I get when using the KR808D-1 cartos, as compared to the Boge 510 cartos.

I think, when my 510 Boge cartos need replacing, I'll just use KR808D-1 cartos from now on using the 808/901-atty to 510-battery adapters. The 808 cartos vape a lot better. To work effectively, the 808/901 to 510 adapter needs to be adjusted using a screwdriver and turning the slot on the adapter a couple of turns to the left (counterclockwise) to lift the round connector to make a better connection with the battery.

Last edited:

tonna11

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2010
USA
I've never vaped, not yet--put my order in for my starter kit from vap4life last night. I spent alot of time here lurking, researching, and discussed it all with my husband before I took the plunge. I decided that carts would be the best option for me, as well. My husband is going to try mine out to see if he'd like one of his own, and he has MS. That makes it really hard for him to handle things, and carts seemed like the answer to that situation, as well. I've ordered alot of ejuice to go in the blank carts I got, but I guess I need a syringe, too. I have one that I used for feeding our kitten when he was a baby, so maybe I can recycle that one. I'm kinda nervous now that the decision is made, and the kits on its way--kinda backward, right? I'm so hoping that I can kick the analog habit and keep the vaping. I know its not going to be the same, but I'm seriously hoping it will be better :)

I Tend to pretty much stay with something that works for me. i originally bought V4L's cool carts because they seemed like a good idea but after trying the WOW cart, whew, i can't find anything to match the Vapor or taste they produce. They burn hot enough that say I "clog " one up with say V4L's vanilla the cart will just burn itself clean and yet not burn.

Bet I have well over 100, (can get expensive) need to try cleaning em one of these days!

Midnight Sun

Oct 23, 2010
BC
WiηgC¤mmαηdεя;2124871 said:
Keep an eye on our Canadian suppliers, I know of at least one that should have some coming in soon.
Also could post in the Canadian forum what model C-E2 your looking for, a few of us have been making orders from e-liquid.cn and probably could part with some for you.

I only use Cartomizers myself now and don't miss the constant fiddling i had with atomizers

All the best,
Wing.

Oh do tell which supplier???!!!! I am not sure which model CE2 I am looking for yet... just got my new Riva so any suggestions?
Thanks,
MS

vivictus

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2010
NoCal
Yesterday, at about noon, I let them soak in hot tap water (it wasn't that hot) for a couple of hours, then I flushed them out using the syringe method described in my blog, and let them soak in tap water until about 6:30 am this morning. I just finished flushing them out and pushing air through them to remove all the excess water. They're now sitting in front of a fan and will remain there for at least four full days.

4 days seems a bit excessive. I've heard many people who were able to take the filler out, run them under water and ring them out effectively until they are dry in a matter of minutes. Also, the carto's that I just washed and refilled were still slightly damp inside (blowing on them would expel a tad bit of water), but I am using them now and they are working perfectly fine, actually much better and longer than when I was using the condom method.

capecodjim

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Cape Cod
I started with carts on a rn4081 almost 2 years ago... and wasnt really that impressed (wonder why lol). Since then I have gone with a kr808d-1... huge difference. But once I ran out of carts I didnt know quite what to do. I figured filling them would be a hassle but tried it any way, and I have loved it.

Now I am looking at all the mods, and it seems like the 510 runs the show for all that, so I am now looking at what I can do with those. Any suggestions from anyone on what has worked for them? I would love to craft my own juice box, but not sure on the liquid delivery system.

Awesome thread guys!

Hey putout... check my pump mod. It has a closed juice feed system which lasts me about 3 days of good vaping. It's real easy to make with common parts from Radio Shack and NiMH rechargeable batteries. I can't think of a better vaping system except adding a charge circuit.

I have carto's and eGo's but my pump mod is my go-to vape machine and I hardly put it down. Check the links below and feel free to PM.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
4 days seems a bit excessive. I've heard many people who were able to take the filler out, run them under water and ring them out effectively until they are dry in a matter of minutes. Also, the carto's that I just washed and refilled were still slightly damp inside (blowing on them would expel a tad bit of water), but I am using them now and they are working perfectly fine, actually much better and longer than when I was using the condom method.

The filler can't be removed and replaced in the Boge 510 and KR808D-1 cartomizers, without destroying the wires inside. You might have misunderstood someone referring to taking out and wringing out the filler inside a cartridge.

You can vape a soggy filler, if you like, but I prefer not to. In fact, I refuse to vape a wet or moist carto filler. It's best when the filler is completely dry and fluffy to allow air inside the filler. Some people have posted that they let them dry for a week.

I explained in the 5th paragraph in my msg you responded to that I had experimented with a defective carto, and the filler was still damp after 2½ days. So when I flush cartos (using a syringe and rubber cone, so all the excess water is plunged out, as explained in my blog -- blowing through the carto doesn't remove nearly as much excess water as the syringe and plunger does) and set them in front of a fan to dry, I'll wait for 3 to 4 days.

Sense Field

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Nomad
Don't try and get weeks out of one carto. These things are disposable. These aren't underwear...none of them wash and reuse all that well.

I recommend sticking with the JOYE...I've tried a lot of cartos...and they are by far the best. E2 are close behind. Both are a pain to clean...but the ones that you can boil are horrible to use in general (lots of burnt taste and filling).

TL1000RSquid

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
LINY
Don't try and get weeks out of one carto. These things are disposable. These aren't underwear...none of them wash and reuse all that well.

I recommend sticking with the JOYE...I've tried a lot of cartos...and they are by far the best. E2 are close behind. Both are a pain to clean...but the ones that you can boil are horrible to use in general (lots of burnt taste and filling).

Other then not breaking the rubber piece with the 2 filler holes when taking them apart the E2's are pretty easy to clean no filler to mess with, the lack of which also lets you go longer between cleanings as long as you stick to one flavor for that carto. I'm using a CE2 right now that will be 4 weeks old Saturday, used almost nearly once a day, granted its on its 2nd wick soon to be 3rd wick.

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
How do you use a syringe to fill a cartomizer? From the top? From the bottom? I just got a bunch of freebie carts in a juice order I made and I'm trying to figure out how to use them. I used a syringe and filled from the top, but when I went to vape I got a mouth full of juice. I then tried using the condom method and it seemed to fill better, but it was a bit messy and seemed like I wasted juice.(I just may need more practice.) Suggestions for a noob that's experimenting with their first carts?

TL1000RSquid

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
LINY
How do you use a syringe to fill a cartomizer? From the top? From the bottom? I just got a bunch of freebie carts in a juice order I made and I'm trying to figure out how to use them. I used a syringe and filled from the top, but when I went to vape I got a mouth full of juice. I then tried using the condom method and it seemed to fill better, but it was a bit messy and seemed like I wasted juice.(I just may need more practice.) Suggestions for a noob that's experimenting with their first carts?

I usually only use syringe on the carto's that require one. Are these hard cap or soft cap carto's? Soft caps easiest way is to just drip into them after popping the cap off slowly turn the carto in your fingers while dripping juice in, once it appears the filler is no longer asorbing it stop and let it sit for 15 minutes to soak all the way through, then blow through the carto onto a paper towel and a couple drops of excess juice should come through wipe the threads and vape. Hard cap carto you can fill through the little hole by sticking the syringe in don't go straight down go in at a bit of an angle, don't shoot it all in the same spot either .2ml rotate a bit another .2ml .. it'll take some experimenting to figure out the right amount of juice though.

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
I usually only use syringe on the carto's that require one. Are these hard cap or soft cap carto's? Soft caps easiest way is to just drip into them after popping the cap off slowly turn the carto in your fingers while dripping juice in, once it appears the filler is no longer asorbing it stop and let it sit for 15 minutes to soak all the way through, then blow through the carto onto a paper towel and a couple drops of excess juice should come through wipe the threads and vape. Hard cap carto you can fill through the little hole by sticking the syringe in don't go straight down go in at a bit of an angle, don't shoot it all in the same spot either .2ml rotate a bit another .2ml .. it'll take some experimenting to figure out the right amount of juice though.

These are hard caps. I'm just going to have to play around with them more to figure out what works best for me with filling them. I know everybody vapes differently, but how much longer do these seem to generally last before you have to top them off again? It seems that they should last considerably longer since you use so much more juice in them than a cartridge. If so, that's going to be sweet. The hardest part for me with the cartridges is driving distances. Seems like I have to pull over too much and fiddle with them. If these last longer between topping off it will be a bonus.

TL1000RSquid

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
LINY
These are hard caps. I'm just going to have to play around with them more to figure out what works best for me with filling them. I know everybody vapes differently, but how much longer do these seem to generally last before you have to top them off again? It seems that they should last considerably longer since you use so much more juice in them than a cartridge. If so, that's going to be sweet. The hardest part for me with the cartridges is driving distances. Seems like I have to pull over too much and fiddle with them. If these last longer between topping off it will be a bonus.

Are these regular carto's or the XL carto's? I would look into the picking up soft caps makes it alot easier to fill them. How long they last all depends on how heavily your vaping and if they are the smaller or xl sized... I can get a couple hours out of the CE2 XL's and thats doing a fair ammount of vaping with them. Carto's are great for driving if you finish one you can unscrew it and put another on easily with out having to stop. I liked the Boges soft caps, or try out a box of the CE2 R4's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread