Cash to play with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiktik

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2013
Pullman, WA
I've been working for them for 7 years now (since I was 15). It's seasonal work, and only during home games. The temperature is never good, either scorching or freezing (but that can usually be said for Cleveland. The stadium just magnifies this), and the corporate side of the Browns drops the ball more than the team. Way more. There's never enough beer to last, and other inventory is just as bad.

The real icing on the cake though, when you're in that stadium, every single concession worker you see is a VOLUNTEER. It's all NPO groups, not employees. I've been working pretty much for free for the last 6 years. AND THEY MAKE THE VOLUNTEERS PAY FOR PARKING.

Somehow that just doesn't smack me right. You show up at 8am and work until 8pm or later, you get paid in tips and 5% door commission to your NPO, the Browns don't have to pay you to get pretty intense work out of you... And you still have to pay them for parking.

I live in Columbus now, so no more of that for me

Edit: Oh yeah, and if you want to see the thing that diehard Browns fans love more than the Browns? It's Bud Light. When you've had people in the line at half time for 20 minutes jjust to get a 20oz Bud Light (for $10, mind you) and then your last keg runs out because the warehouse said "nah. you've got enough" so you have to tell the hundreds of customers there's no more beer?

It's pretty scary. Pretty, pretty scary.

Omg. Volunteers need to pay parking as well?
Wow no wonder why the browns never get ..... done. (No offense to the browns fans)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread