Cbd oil advertising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
Thanks, I understand that the site needs money to keep going but I think adverts portraying any oil products is a bit over the top, new vapers who don't really understand that it's not oil that we vape will think yeah I'll get that and vape it, not really something that you want on a vape forum, I'm sorry if other people disagree but that's how I look at it.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Thanks, I understand that the site needs money to keep going but I think adverts portraying any oil products is a bit over the top, new vapers who don't really understand that it's not oil that we vape will think yeah I'll get that and vape it, not really something that you want on a vape forum, I'm sorry if other people disagree but that's how I look at it.
Do any of the ads say the CBD oil is for vaping?

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON

Was the advert portraying an actual oil product claiming it was safe to vape? How much oil was in the product? THC products, including CBD can be made with the usual PEG, PG or VG bases but the industry still refers to them as an oil.

There is also consumable CBD that is not meant to be vaped.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    CBD can be made with the usual PEG, PG or VG bases but the industry still refers to them as an oil.

Exactly, and it's so stupid to do that. They will learn hopefully.

I have seen Chinese retailers refer to nicotine eliquid as "oil". :facepalm:

When I look into the CBD vaping industry, I see how they make the same mistakes the nic vape industry made. they are very naive and apparently never thought to look into history to see what they can learn.

I guess they're all too busy "vaping CBD oil" :blink:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I need to figure out how to block texts.

Easy...
    giphy.gif

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    @low_tar_neil gave an explanation in this thread.

Ads
    That explanation doesn't add up (in my head at least). If the nic vape companies are not advertising, as that explanation indicated, then why is ECF the only vape forum effected? Every other vape forum I use still has nic based vape ads.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    That explanation doesn't add up (in my head at least). If the nic vape companies are not advertising, as that explanation indicated, then why is ECF the only vape forum effected? Every other vape forum I use still has nic based vape ads.

What’s missing is the details. Given ECF is the most popular and largest e-cig forum, perhaps their price of admission is higher than other forums.

We also do not know the details of the advertising contracts on other sites. Perhaps they are yearly and we are seeing them mid contract. When that contract runs out they too could face the same problems ECF has faced with nicotine advertising.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Yes but there are cannabis forums now. Also, have you not noticed how many of the big vape stores now are selling "CBD and Cannabis" vaping products. It's a lot of them.

Also , I think if you are old enough to join this forum and old enough to vape, the ads aren't going to reach out and grab ya.

If you really MUST have a "Safe" ECF experience get a free ad blocker or become a supporting member. It's not expensive. For one year, it's like less than ONE decent mod.

Solutions have been offered, try using one.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread