The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

ce style carto???

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by JAY73, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JAY73

JAY73 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2011
    CLEBURNE TX
    ce style carto for dct has any one tried these and if so what do you think of them??

2. lynch

lynch Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2011
    Lynchburg,Va
    Interested in them also, I see they started making the ego style tapered ones with
    the wicks inside the tube. Hoping MV'S gets them also. View attachment 137911

3. JAY73

Jul 5, 2011
    CLEBURNE TX
    i was actualy refering to the 1.5dc ce2 dct tank replacement cartimizer.

4. ropetrick

ropetrick Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2010
    Athens, GA
    I've just replaced the DC carto in my tank with a fresh 2.0 ohm CE2-style carto from Madvapes, and so far it's stellar. It's too early to say for sure, but if the performance continues to be this good (at 3.7V, but also great on an Ego) it will become my default vape. Note that, as far as I know, these CE2 replacements aren't dual coil... they just fit in a dual coil tank.

The coils in these things are recessed deep in the tube, unlike a typical CE2. I think this might give the condensate an opportunity to cling to the tube walls and drip back onto the coil. Either way, I'm getting less condensation in my drip tip than with a dual coil carto on the tank.

About the cone-shaped CE4s that lynch pictures above: also just tried one of those for the first time tonight, and the report is less good. The vapor production might be the best I've ever had on an eGo, but there's almost none of the flavor you expect from something int he same family as CE2s. I connected it to a eGo Twist and tried a range of voltages, and nothing helped the flavor. I would have been pretty disappointed if I hadn't then discovered the CE2-style DCT replacement.

5. wolfstone5

wolfstone5 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I just put a 2 Ohm one in my tank last night as well. So far it's working really great.....far better than the poly-filled cartos that I've been using. It has good flavor and the draw is much better. I'm definitely going to order a bunch more before they sell out!

6. ropetrick

Oct 1, 2010
    Athens, GA
    After a full day of vaping this setup, I'll just add this: this thing uses an epic amount of juice. I believe I got a bit queasy at one point, too, which I can't absolutely attribute to the carto/tank. But it definitely draws more juice than the DCs... maybe twice as much. Worth it, too, though I'll probably reduce my nicotine level when using this thing just in case.

7. JAY73

Jul 5, 2011
    CLEBURNE TX
    the 1.5dc ce2 replacment def has two coils just tried it out at 3.7v and it pretty much rocks way better than a 1.5dc carto at tge same voltage jmho...

8. ropetrick

Oct 1, 2010
    Athens, GA
    Good to know. I assumed it was just a CE2-type coil assembly recessed with some filler material around it. I'll take my first one apart once I've killed it.

I vaped it all weekend, and aside from the large amount of liquid it uses I don't have any problems with it. I went back to a CE2 this morning and it was noticeably less satisfying.

9. lynch

lynch Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2011
    Lynchburg,Va
    Mv's site list them as dual coil for the 1.5 ohm ones and single coil for the 2 ohm ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.