RDA Center post spinning,How to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Sorry to hear the post is spinning so easy...For that reason I use RDA's with a square center post..like my 6 mos old dark horse...just sayin

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

So your square insulator will result in a wobble rather than spinning. Resulting issues are mostly the same. Cause is also the same. Just saying.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
So your square insulator will result in a wobble rather than spinning. Resulting issues are mostly the same. Cause is also the same. Just saying.
No wobble here bro, but I do follow your logic... Been using the Dark Horse with the square center post for over 6 mos and no shorts, wobble or issues.. I did replace the insulator about 3 mos ago because it leaked a little bit..bottom screw shown lets me tighten the post when needed. .
85c89e793559b4badbe6218ca390757b.jpg
d35edd08ff55225f90deb7eea9071e53.jpg
Also the center square post on my dark horse is copper..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Sorry to hear the post is spinning so easy...For that reason I use RDA's with a square center post..like my 6 mos old dark horse...just sayin

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
It was actually my fault that it started spinning haha.I was drilling out the positive screw for my bottom feed mods,usually i pull the post and screw,then clamp them in a vice for drilling,but i got lazy on this one,and decided to leave the post in the base and drill it that way.It went ok about half way,then the drill bit grabbed and spun the post.I may not have seen it soon enough,so it had enough time to spin enough to open the insulator up a bit.
Although,i do agree,i like the square post in the dark horse,for both the spinning issue,and they are easier to drill out than the round post haha.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
If the post is a softer metal I've had luck squeezing the base of the post with very sharp tooth pliers a few times(I use small vice grips), this will give a sort of ridged/toothed finish where you squeezed the post and help add traction to the connection between post and insulator.
I may have to give this a try,not sure if it will work on this one though as it has a stainless post,so not sure how soft it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread