Ceramic E-2 question: Do I REALLY need to fill both sides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DW66

Aug 28, 2010
WNY
Not good at explaining things but here goes. This is how I do it.
Put the filler tube on syringe and pull out plunger.
Stick it into one of the little holes.
Drip liquid into syringe, slowly push plunger back in. (Repeat if necessary)
When liquid comes out other hole stop, squirt extra liquid back into bottle.
Clean extra out with Q tip, reinstall ring and mouthpiece.
Works great for me no leaks.

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
Take a pair of cuticle scissors and place it in line with the wick (where the notch is for the wick, pry up. it will come out. line up the notches to get back in, it wont leak.

Thanks everyone for all the great tips.

I am sadly reporting a FAIL. I tried and tried to pry out the inner fill ring. It would not budge. Tricks to getting it out?

The cuticle scissors worked for me...I was kind of nervous that I was going to ruin something because you do need to bit agressive with the tip of the cuticle scissors but it works great and no damage....I have used this method on 6 cartos so far :).

I tried again using the metal hooked piece from a binder clip. (Kind of an "L" shape.) Pried a few times then POP!! Off it came.

Regrettably, a chunk of the ceramic came off too. Can't find it -- it flew past me. But you can see the jaggedy edge where it broke off.

There are in fact two notches in the filler ring. If I intended to put it back on.

I've been vaping this particular E2 cart for a couple of weeks non stop as my sole vape. I have now consecrated it to the trash and broken out a new one.

Filled it with Liquid XPress' "Spicy Ice" and vaping away happily.

Perhaps I'll perfect the ring removal with more practice. For now it seems best for the well-being of my carts to continue with the syringe refills. :)

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
Michelle...it works better if you break the bond at the metal tube and filler ring by sliding a thin blade or screwdriver around it with a little PG or VG in there to work lube in between. I use a paperclip with a 1/8" L bend on the end...go into the cup and work it up a little bit at a time aiming for the slots in the cup. Make sure you dont hook the coil.

It will go in and out better once it has juice on it...good luck. :unsure: :laugh:

Oh yea...and I find the best way to fill it is tip it over a little with one hole up and fill the bottom hole...you will see the air bubbles come out the top hole and when you see juice stop...retract the syringe...and suck up any excess that came out with the syringe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread