Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
Okay guys I’m excited to start this thread dedicated to my fellow Reonauts. As you know ReosMods now has the Chalice IV available to purchase on their website and mine is being delivered today. I will be posting pictures of side by side comparisons with the clone and reviewing both. I’m hoping this may help anyone interested in the authentic and help decide if it’s worth the price tag to them. The clone is no longer being produced to my knowledge.

More updates to come.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
Comparison to the clone:

Finish: Obviously goes to authentic, I will admit the clone finish was very close. I had a hard time telling them apart except for the little details such as cleaner machining and the satin finish.

Build quality: You all know this goes to the authentic. The machining and attention to detail is Mark Bugs best quality relating to his work.

Authentic: All parts fit flush and well together; I did have to clean up due to machine oil which I was surprised because I don’t remember the Chalice III having machine oil in it.

Clone: The clone I own; the negative post spins and the positive post sits lower in the deck (the authentic is flush with the deck) Most parts fit flush besides the air flow control ring which has some gap.

Airflow:

Authentic: I dialed it down to next to nothing; most likely a 1.5mm air hole. I would say this works for loose mtl vaping and best for restricted vaping. Airflow is very smooth and no gurgling like the Chalice III. The airflow ring is still a pain to adjust.

Clone: Airflow wasn’t as smooth as authentic; I did not feel I could get a satisfying draw off of it.

Flavor:

Authentic:
I have to say for someone who solely uses 13mm and 14mm attys this thing really does kick out the flavor. I was shocked as it looks so big at 18mm but remember that tiny chamber does wonderfully. I think I read it was a 16mm inner chamber.

You can fit any build in here really. I tried multiple coil builds varying from 28 gauge to 26 gauge kanthal; 2mm inner diameter to 2.5mm. I’ll be honest I did not like 28 gauge in the Chalice IV. I use 28 gauge on all my other attys. 28 gauge was too cool it did not get that flavor that I like and lacked the power to produce any vapor or warmth so 26 gauge would be best in my opinion. I stayed around .7 to .8 ohms.

Clone:
I did not like the vape off the clone, it just did not jive with me. I didn’t really get any flavor off it and it just didn’t feel like a smooth draw. This is what drove me to not originally go for the Chalice IV authentic. I kept getting a weird metallic taste off the clone and a harsh vape; could be my opinion and this is subjective.

All in all if you like loose mtl or a restricted vape I would say this is definitely worth it; given the subohm builds and bigger coils and more airflow people like these days; the Chalice IV is the best atty you can get in my opinion. We know the price is a little high but its expected with this build quality and Mark Bugs.

I couldn’t really find anything wrong with the authentic Chalice IV. I was kind of sad that the clone was almost identical in finish but that’s not the authentics fault.

The flavor was surprisingly good I was not a believer that it would give off good flavor but I was wrong. I can’t speak for lower builds such as .5 .4 .3 etc. I can’t speak for twisted, parallel, fancy clapton’s, or aliens or whatever these exotic coils are called. I use simple builds.

I prefer it on my P67 (or a woodvil) to my grand but they both look great and there is no overhang on the grand. It squonks like a chalice and has plenty of room to wick and you can get a lot of hits off of it before squonking again.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
F663AFEA-20EF-4235-B294-0FF0FAE8987F.jpeg
4CAB369A-05D2-429E-AD44-AF0485AED9BD.jpeg
6FE4906B-51C5-437B-B5C1-386A6F9FB017.jpeg
271B4EDD-B859-421A-B762-44954D7DC5A4.jpeg
BBA5913D-5F0A-4DC9-8D53-B223DBE2A5A0.jpeg
F663AFEA-20EF-4235-B294-0FF0FAE8987F.jpeg
4CAB369A-05D2-429E-AD44-AF0485AED9BD.jpeg
6FE4906B-51C5-437B-B5C1-386A6F9FB017.jpeg
271B4EDD-B859-421A-B762-44954D7DC5A4.jpeg
BBA5913D-5F0A-4DC9-8D53-B223DBE2A5A0.jpeg
Here are pics. I didn’t want to rip my build out lol but when I do I’ll add the photo. If you want more pictures just ask. I use a phone camera so they’re not the best.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I'm torn. I need another atty like I need another root canal, but I'm really intrigued by that one. I love a good 14mm setup for the flavour I can't replicate on 22/4 mm atties, but the 0-16 and nuppin' taught me to appreciate the off-sized toppers.

Always liked the pimp cups (I have II and III versions) for many things, but the build deck left me unmoved. This one seems to moot that point.

Since you're doing such a good job with the analysis, how does the IV compare to the III for flavour, vapour, and air?

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
So I can get the Chalice IV airflow a little tighter than the Chalice III at its most open setting. Which in my opinion is great. I think it gets to just under 1/16. The flavor is absolutely great. I tried to spend a few days vaping on it before the review but it’s wowed me even more so after I did the review. The fact that I can squonk without worrying about gurgling and I can get more than 2hits off it is great. The vapor is smooth, I find the anti spitback wonderful. No juice coming up the drip tip. It actually reminds me of how smooth the cyclone is with the fusion drip tip. I say anyone not getting one is cheating themself. I was very skeptical of this atty and not because of the price but because of the size and airflow but it’s opened my eyes a bit.
I think the chalice iv is not only great for flavor chasers but those who like more vapor and want more flavor that they can’t get from those 22/4 mm attys. Now I will admit if you can’t move from 1 ohm coils or higher this atty isn’t for you; it really shines at .8 or lower in my opinion

Last edited:

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
I'm torn. I need another atty like I need another root canal, but I'm really intrigued by that one. I love a good 14mm setup for the flavour I can't replicate on 22/4 mm atties, but the 0-16 and nuppin' taught me to appreciate the off-sized toppers.

Always liked the pimp cups (I have II and III versions) for many things, but the build deck left me unmoved. This one seems to moot that point.

Since you're doing such a good job with the analysis, how does the IV compare to the III for flavour, vapour, and air?
I’m jealous of your pimp cup II been searching for one forever I put an ad for one in the classys twice and got no bites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread