Change battery color?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitti H

Jun 10, 2014
TX, USA
Not sure if this is technically "modding", but I could not think of another forum to put this in. And it may be a totally stupid question, so feel free to troll me if so. I was just wondering what the steps would be to go about possibly changing the battery color of my Vision Spinner II? When I got one from a local retailer they only had bronze in stock, but I really want white (or pretty much any color except the bronze) and I am not sure that they accept trade-ins (or if anyone does, for that matter).

Do I need to sand it down? And what paint would you all recommend? Also, will this damage my battery? :confused:

Thanks in advance, I really love this forum, I have found so much useful information here already so I figured it would be the best place to ask my noob vaper questions.

iamthevoice

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
Most acrylic paints for scale models would work adequately if the surface is prepared and primed. The danger is in blocking venting holes and getting paint/primer into the switch or at the connector end (although you could mask those off!). They paint them originally, so it's not like it's never been done! Good luck!

kitti H

Jun 10, 2014
TX, USA
Most acrylic paints for scale models would work adequately if the surface is prepared and primed. The danger is in blocking venting holes and getting paint/primer into the switch or at the connector end (although you could mask those off!). They paint them originally, so it's not like it's never been done! Good luck!

I have a ton of acrylic paint from when I used to work canvases, but I was worried about how they would work with the metal. I've never had to sand or prime metal before I've only painted canvases and wood. But that is good to know that it is a possibility, thank you!

Or use Contact "paper" which is really vinyl. You should buy the stuff that says it can be repositioned, comes off without leaving any glue behind.

I'll have to look that and "shrink tubing" up, thanks guys :)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have a ton of acrylic paint from when I used to work canvases, but I was worried about how they would work with the metal. I've never had to sand or prime metal before I've only painted canvases and wood. But that is good to know that it is a possibility, thank you!

I'll have to look that and "shrink tubing" up, thanks guys :)

Whenever you want to put Paint onto Bare Metal, it is Always a Good Idea to Primer it. I like to use Krylon Automotive Primer. It goes on Smooth. It Sandable. And it sticks to Bare Metal Well.

Another thing you want to do is to Clean the Surface Extremely Well with 91% Rubbing Alcohol. And wear Gloves while cleaning the Metal.

BTW - I would Look into a Wrap Before you Painted your PV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread