smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I usually save coils for same flavor profiles. Tobaccos for tobaccos, cereals for cereals, fruits for fruits, etc.

I find that I have a hard time really getting rid of the old flavor, otherwise.

Some folks have luck setting their coil overnight in pure grain alcohol. Rinse with distilled water then air dry overnight.

Either way, you kind of have to vape the coil in a empty tank at lowered watts until the flavor gets weak and before you start to get a dry hit that would ruin your wicking material.

That's where rebuildables start making more sense.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    There are options.

You can simply add a new flavor to a nearly empty tank. It may take several vapes before the old flavor is gone and the new appears.

Can use different tanks for different flavors.

Can use a rebuildable drip atomizer (RDA). Generally speaking, you can either vape or "burn off" the first flavor and then simply drip the new flavor onto the wick.​

Benjamin899

Feb 11, 2018
    DACA420B-5A17-4420-A229-03ADAAB903B5.jpeg
    Buy more tanks.
    More tanks you say

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    Evening!

What do people find is the best way to change flavour and have the coil not tasting of the previous flavour?

Myself has just been changing and vaping till the old flavour goes, which can take quite a while?

Thanks

You can add a little unflavored to your topper to clear the flavor or if you're a TC vaper, just vape the wick dry, then add your new flavor. Works for me... :cool:

chellie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    I just add the new flavor or pour out the old
    That is pretty much what I do if they are similar profiles or work well together - like a tobacco, coffee, caramel or vanilla - I would either not worry about it or dump out and refill with new.

For the few times that I try a different flavor --- like a cereal or a berry or something "different", I use a fresh tank and atomizer. If I was super pressed for time, I would dump the contents, wipe it out with paper towels and change the coil.

LyLyV

ECF Veteran
    Feb 21, 2018
    Earth (most days)
    If I'm completely switching a profile - like from fruit to dessert, I'll clean out the tank and swap the coil for a new one. I actually have a coil that's still good taped to a bottle right now. (I assume the exposure to air isn't going to kill it if it's more than a week or 2 when I use it next?)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread