Changing palate

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokStak

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
United States
So I was perfectly fine vaping the cheaper juice companies and my wallet was loving it. Then, I ordered some GLV flavors, and some Boba's Bounty, among others and now the cheaper juices (without naming any names) that I used to swear by taste absolutely disgusting in comparison and have become unvapeable. I have like 12 near-full bottles of juice that I never want to vape again. Has this happened to anyone else?

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
The only analogy that comes to mind is with food.
When you have steak for the first time and you have a New York Strip. You think 'This is Good'. Then you try the T-Bone and that small side is sooooo delicious and tender. The larger side isn't quite as good. Then you find out that the New York Strip IS the larger side of that T-Bone and discover the Filet Mignon is the smaller side. Now the New York Strip isn't as appealing. I'm now spoiled and only get the filet mignon.

Once you find the better juices, you really can't go backwards. I've been lucky in finding excellent liquids that aren't out of this world expensive. I have tried some that did cost more but really didn't agree with my tastes.

thejaker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2013
La Jolla, CA
www.nudenicotine.com
Your taste buds can also be recovering and resurfacing from the lack of tar/chemicals! Your taste buds will go through many changes after you stop depositing so much tar on top of them; they will replenish and you likely have an even keener sense of taste now that you have stopped smoking! This was my case and I hear references to it on ECF across many threads.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
The only analogy that comes to mind is with food.
When you have steak for the first time and you have a New York Strip. You think 'This is Good'. Then you try the T-Bone and that small side is sooooo delicious and tender. The larger side isn't quite as good. Then you find out that the New York Strip IS the larger side of that T-Bone and discover the Filet Mignon is the smaller side. Now the New York Strip isn't as appealing. I'm now spoiled and only get the filet mignon.

Once you find the better juices, you really can't go backwards. I've been lucky in finding excellent liquids that aren't out of this world expensive. I have tried some that did cost more but really didn't agree with my tastes.

and then... and then... you try the Porterhouse!!! and you realize that you have finally tasted a steak :)

hmmm... Boba's Porterhouse? I wonder...

Coulson

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2013
Behind you!
Surprisingly, there are tons of juice vendors out there and very few that use high quality nicotine and flavoring. They are more interested in "pushing" a product out than making a quality product first. That's just been my experience. Same old story of every industry Quantity vs Quality. Demand is high and this is a very new market. Believe me, you can taste the difference between a "Quality" juice that uses high grade materials vs a juice just thrown together. Most juice companies are still small, DIYing it, operating out of the home instead of a clean room environment like a Lab or Commercial Kitchen. But conditions are improving everyday as the e-community grows. We all have to start somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread