Changing Tanks Using Same Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

we87

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
DFW, TX
Very new to temp control, not new to vaping. Only had the DNA 40 for a few days and it's been good so far. Playing with a Kayfun 3.1 and Taifun GT2.

My question is, let's say I've been using the kayfun for a few hours and decide I want to use the Taifun that's been sitting. Kayfun is hot, mod is probably hot, but Taifun is cold. Would that throw off temp control? Is that something you guys do and have no issues?

In my style of vaping I change tanks all the time through out the day to change flavors, but wasn't sure if it can be done with nickel and temp control mods.

we87

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
DFW, TX
The tank will have to remarry to the MOd in temp control mode. A bit of a pain and a hot mod probably impacts the temp control a bit as well. Running nickel wire in the Kayfun?

Nickel actually is working very well in the Kayfun. Better than the Taifun imo but like I said above its only been a few days since I've been playing.

Make sure both the tank and the mod are room temperature (or same temp) before pairing. You don't want one hotter/colder than the other because it will throw off the readings.

That's what I was afraid of. That is beyond silly to me. I understand the why and all that, but since I change tanks all the time this is an issue for me. I'm sure I can't be the only one. Earlier in the day I prefer a stronger flavor like tobacco, and later in the evening time I usually change to a sweeter vape like a desert flavor. This is one of the main reasons I have multiple attys filled and ready to go.

So far, temp control has been working for me- with the exception of leaving my mod down and picking it up after x amount of time to Vape again. The temp changes and fluctuations are really frustrating. But I guess that's just part of it.

a tez

Mar 21, 2015
New York
That's what I was afraid of. That is beyond silly to me. I understand the why and all that, but since I change tanks all the time this is an issue for me. I'm sure I can't be the only one. Earlier in the day I prefer a stronger flavor like tobacco, and later in the evening time I usually change to a sweeter vape like a desert flavor. This is one of the main reasons I have multiple attys filled and ready to go.

So far, temp control has been working for me- with the exception of leaving my mod down and picking it up after x amount of time to Vape again. The temp changes and fluctuations are really frustrating. But I guess that's just part of it.

It is annoying but all of the TC chips are like that for now. I have multiple DNA40s and an SX Mini M Class so if I need to switch they are all ready to go. :)

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Unless the mod is warm enough to heat the new nickel coil without firing, then the temperature of the mod shouldn't affect the temperature control. The temperature of the coil, however, does, and if you put a warm coil on as a new coil the temperature control will be off.

-Treeburner

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
Unless the mod is warm enough to heat the new nickel coil without firing, then the temperature of the mod shouldn't affect the temperature control. The temperature of the coil, however, does, and if you put a warm coil on as a new coil the temperature control will be off.

-Treeburner

Both the board and atty temperature are read to form the baseline reading, so the mod being hot could have an effect. I just find that in practice, I have never had it happen.

mesamay2003

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2015
AZ, USA
Yes, this is a bit of a pain when it comes to TC, along with a few other things...growing pains I guess...hopefully down the road, someone figures out a practical way of actually measuring the actual coil temp with some sort of sensor or micro infrared thermometer equipped tank, rather than trying to calculate it, then the type of wire and a lot of the issues with the current tech would go away.

we87

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
DFW, TX
In practice I have had little to no problems taking a hot atty off a mod and putting a cold one on. The DNA40 recognizes the new coil, reads it, and usually is just fine.
Have you tried it?

I have tried it, and the new cold atty does not perform like it should. I end up having to crank up the temperature so high that I know it's not right. I don't have to crank the temp up that high when the same atomizer is at the same temp as the mod, or both "cold".

Another thing I've realized is my nightstand happens to be next to a window unit air conditioner and when I first pick up my vape, even though the settings haven't changed or atty removed, the cotton will burn. Just tried it with a tank that's low on juice and I can taste the rayon burning slightly. Temp set to 410 and 16 watts.

Temp control is definitely different lol

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
I have tried it, and the new cold atty does not perform like it should. I end up having to crank up the temperature so high that I know it's not right. I don't have to crank the temp up that high when the same atomizer is at the same temp as the mod, or both "cold".

Another thing I've realized is my nightstand happens to be next to a window unit air conditioner and when I first pick up my vape, even though the settings haven't changed or atty removed, the cotton will burn. Just tried it with a tank that's low on juice and I can taste the rayon burning slightly. Temp set to 410 and 16 watts.

Temp control is definitely different lol

That is normal, it will run "cold" because it assumed a higher ambient. The good thing about it is it automatically fixes itself over time. As long as the ambient and the atty are the same temperature, the performance of the mod should not change. Rayon should not be charring at 410 cold. You may have another issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread