Charger getting hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacholiday Dach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So I just ordered 4 Molicel batteries from 18650 Battery store, they came in today and I put two in to charge in my Trustfire dual charger, this morning about 11ish. I went to see if they had charged yet and the charger and batteries were very hot, and not charged.
The batteries are the Molicel P26A 18650 2600mAh 35A Battery. I put one back in the charger, still warmish, but not hot, could it be the batteries(hope not) or should I just buy a new charger.
I've always been very happy with their batteries, so asking for help.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
So I just ordered 4 Molicel batteries from 18650 Battery store, they came in today and I put two in to charge in my Trustfire dual charger, this morning about 11ish. I went to see if they had charged yet and the charger and batteries were very hot, and not charged.
The batteries are the Molicel P26A 18650 2600mAh 35A Battery. I put one back in the charger, still warmish, but not hot, could it be the batteries(hope not) or should I just buy a new charger.
I've always been very happy with their batteries, so asking for help.
Hola,
If it is the TR001, it charges at 500mmAh max rate. 2000mAh=4 hours or more.
I would power cycle the charger and try one battery at a time. Perhaps one of the charging circuits has failed?
Do you have a back up charger? (back ups for back ups!)

Maybe it's just time for a new charger...

Cheers
I

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Please do yourself a huge favor and get rid of that charger. Get yourself an XTAR VC2 or VC4, they are among the most reputable & popular chargers in their price range.

Realize neither of them come with a wall plug so you need to use a USB but if you want a wall plug, ask a reputable battery retailer which one is good for the VC2 or VC4.

Here are 3 reputable USA retailers:
    IMRBatteries.com
    Liionwholesale.com
    18650batterystore.com

Dacholiday Dach

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Hola,
    If it is the TR001, it charges at 500mmAh max rate. 2000mAh=4 hours or more.
    I would power cycle the charger and try one battery at a time. Perhaps one of the charging circuits has failed?
    Do you have a back up charger? (back ups for back ups!)

Maybe it's just time for a new charger...

Cheers
    I
    It is that charger. I charged one at a time and it worked.
    Have ordered a new Nitecore should be here Tuesday. Until then I will just use the batteries I have already charged.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Have ordered a new Nitecore should be here Tuesday. Until then I will just use the batteries I have already charged.
    Blessed are the pessimists for they hath procured backups for all their essential things.

Or...

Two is one and one is none.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread