Charging a single cell with Dynam Supermate DC6

Status
Not open for further replies.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
I don't see why it shouldn't be possible. You can purchase battery cradles on i.e eBay. You probably have to do a little soldering to get the right connectors... or use alligator clips. Set it to single-cell LiPo mode, set the appropriate charging current (!!) and go.

That being said. It is a bit overkill and more of a hassle than it's worth, imho. The simple nature of "usual" chargers is a blessing. No need to set the right charging mode and current. Just pop a battery in and go. Or two or three or more without dealing with serial or parallel charging.

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
i was thinking using something like this and solder on some deans to it.
$0.92 1*18650 Battery Case with Lead Wires at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I like the charger cause I can slow charge, fast charge, discharge, set it for storage....etc its amazing for my airsoft lipos

Exactly what you need.

Since you have the charger (which is a pretty nice hobby charger), a couple of those battery holders, a little time googling and understanding some basic wiring, you can make a really high end 18650 charger for $3 in parts.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
i was thinking using something like this and solder on some deans to it.
$0.92 1*18650 Battery Case with Lead Wires at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I like the charger cause I can slow charge, fast charge, discharge, set it for storage....etc its amazing for my airsoft lipos

I also had a hobby charger when I started vaping. If you want to use yours for vape cells, go for it. Just be careful not to charge your cells too fast.

I decided I didn't want the big charger and the cables in the house all the time and I didn't want to always have to go into the garage to setup a charge. I bought a Xtar WP2 for $20 and two tears later I'm still happy I did that. YMMV :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread