Charging new EGO for 8 hours ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Startmeup

Jun 8, 2012
Woodstock, Ontario
Just received in the mail today my new eGo vision stardust & extreme vision custom kit 1100 mah. Have been vaping 510 for 1 1/2 years and decided it was time to move up. The directions say I need to charge the battery for 8 hours even though the light has turned green, then use it for one hour, then charge it again for one hour.

What I would like to know is if I could just try it out before the 8 hours are up and then put it back in charger again ? I'm so excited to try it out.

Thanks to all for this amazing forum !

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
Hm. I don't have that exact model (ego-c), but my instructions say it takes 2-4 hours to charge, when it's green it's good to go. I haven't had any troubles yet, been using a new 650mAh all day without a hitch. If they're li-on they don't have charge "memory" like the old nicads, so I don't think you should have a problem. I mean, an 1100 battery needs a charge every hour is kind of counter productive.

dgm76513

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Belton, TX
If the light turned green, it's not charging anymore. Go ahead and vape away my friend!

Charge for eight hours despite a green light from the charger, then use for an hour, then recharge for an hour? What the?

cjc.jpg

Last edited:

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
The directions for the first charge that come with the kits are old and do not apply to the current lithium batteries. Those instructions are for batteries that have a memory effect, such as NiCad batteries. Lithium batteries do not have a memory effect, so there is no point in doing the whole charge 8 hours, vape 20 minutes, and charge 1 hour. In fact, doing that may even be dangerous, as you could overcharge the battery.
When the light on the charger turns green, that's it. You're done. Vape away. :)

Methodman

Jul 1, 2012
Toledo
I had to do the same thing with the Kgo 1100mah battery. It has something to do with the charge discharge cycles. When these particular batteries are on the charger for the initial charge, even when the light is green the battery slowly discharges even when connected to the charger, but it quickly recharges(Because it's still on the charger) After that initial 8hr charge they only have to be on the charger a few hours. I would suggest following the instructions with these particular batteries, as they come off the charger at a higher voltage than the standard ego batteries (4.2v) Under load 3.7 Ego's usually are only 3.3 to 3.4v under load. For some reason these batteries are required to go through the slow discharge, fast recharge cycle for optimum performance.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Thank you for the info Methodman. I tried to use it and nothing happened so I suppose it needs the extra charging. Does the manual switch light up when I press it to take a drag, because nothing lit up ?

It has an on/off feature. Click the button 5 times fast and it will turn on. Click it 5 times fast again to turn it back off.

Last edited:

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
Sometimes I'm heading out the door and take the ego batts off the chargers while they're still red. So what if they're not fully charged when I take them off. They weren't fully charged when I put them on either. I also hardly ever wait until they run out of charge to recharge them. I don't think it does any harm either way. I've been doing the same thing with my cell phone and camera for years.....

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Thank you for the info on turning it on with five clicks, I had no idea. Is there a site I can go to to learn about this ego ? The only instructions that came with the kit were the charging for 8 hours. Many thanks.
That was the only instructions that came with them, and they were wrong.

That's funny!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread