Status
Not open for further replies.

woofpuppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Hello... Does it make a difference what level the battery is at when I charge the eVic? On some batteries I've heard people say to charge only when it's almost drained. Somehow that's supposed to affect charge capacity. I'd rather not wait that long. Also, is it OK for me to leave it charging via USB overnight, or will this damage the battery?

gorn

Nov 26, 2012
Canada
The ego batteries could be charged over night' but that is not recommended as the battery could either explode or catch fire. Of course that that doesn't only happen a at night But I'm sure you need to be awake of it happens.

Why not buy some extra batteries and arrange it so that you that you charge during the day and always have one or two already.

gorn

Nov 26, 2012
Canada
The eVic batteries could be charged over night' but that is not recommended as the battery could either explode or catch fire. Of course that that doesn't only happen a at night But I'm sure you need to be awake of it happens.

Why not buy some extra batteries and arrange it so that you that you charge during the day and always have one or two already.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
Lithium batteries DOES NOT explode, they are not a bomb. Yes they can fire but is very uncommon, the reaction of the lithium with oxygen is the one that produce a fire, this batteries are sealed and even if you break them appart you have to be in a very high oxigen condition, ive being using lithium batteries LiPo since they show up in the market in my RC planes and helicopter, more or less 10 years ,, ive being thru tons of craches and never got a fire on a lithium battery, the only one i get a fire is the one i shoot with my BB rifle even after that i try to fire some more shooting lots of BB and nothing.

Even the cheapest ego charger have protection so they going to burn before the battery,,Im not telling you will never got a fire but could 1 in 1,000,000 chance.i charge my 2 egos and me 2 efest 18350 overnight even some friends here told me to not do it..

If you dont feel you are safe go to ebay search for a LIPO SAFE BAG put your evic inside and go to sleep.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-LiPo-Bat...adio_Control_Control_Line&hash=item4aacd2af47

Sent from my iVap using Tapatalk HD

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
The best point to charge these batteries to preserve the lifespan is between 60% and 80%. Draining the battery completely prior to charging is actually not healthy for these batteries as it is for Nicad rechargeables

You can drain them complete if they are on an electrical mod that prevent overdischarge, 3.2v is in the safe side wich most electrical mods have a cutoff. On a mech mod is other thing..

Sent from my iVap using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread