Cheap Box Mods with Variable Voltage 510 Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psyduck879

Nov 19, 2017
Greetings vaping Jedi,
I have very little money and purchasing vape mods/tanks has always been a challenge for me. Originally, I was a heavy (pack of Camel lights a day) smoker since like 2001. When e-cigarettes originally came out, I bought a lot of those 'fake cigarette' looking devices (smoking everywhere, V2) and had some success as my craving for real cigarettes was suppressed. I switched to box mods about 3 or 4 years ago. I bought a Kanger Subox Mini 50W (for way too much at a local shop) and used it happily and successfully. Eventually, the box gave out due to all the leaking of juice into the internals (which is perfectly cool with me as it still saved me lots of money compared to cigarettes and not to mention the health benefits!). I bought another similar 50W box which I cannot remember the name of and it performed fine as well until it, too, gave out from all the juice leakage. By this point, I knew I needed to find a 50-75W box mod that was cheaper to save $$$ (since they always go out). I went into the local shop and asked the guy "what is your cheapest 50W variable voltage box mod" and he suggested an Aimidi Curve V4 mini. I was stunned when he rang up the sale. It was soo cheap (I want to say like $17.50). This worked great for about 1 year.. then gave out from juice leakage. When I went back to that same store and asked if they still sold the Aimidi Curve V4 Minis, he looked at me like I was from another planet. Their cheapest setup did not allow for changing the voltage (just a single button) and was outrageously overpriced. Another store in the area also had nothing affordable that fit those specifications.

My question to you: Is there a good trustworthy online store that sells 50-75W variable voltage box mods (I don't care if they're not the best or if they look 'ugly') that use a 510 connection screw preferably not over $40. The cheaper the better (and I know some are going to say you 'get what you pay for'.... please just save it for someone whos not broke as a joke and nearly homeless). My existing tank is a Motofo subtank and I'd like to be able to use it. I already have batteries. Thank you in advance!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Greetings vaping Jedi,
I have very little money and purchasing vape mods/tanks has always been a challenge for me. Originally, I was a heavy (pack of Camel lights a day) smoker since like 2001. When e-cigarettes originally came out, I bought a lot of those 'fake cigarette' looking devices (smoking everywhere, V2) and had some success as my craving for real cigarettes was suppressed. I switched to box mods about 3 or 4 years ago. I bought a Kanger Subox Mini 50W (for way too much at a local shop) and used it happily and successfully. Eventually, the box gave out due to all the leaking of juice into the internals (which is perfectly cool with me as it still saved me lots of money compared to cigarettes and not to mention the health benefits!). I bought another similar 50W box which I cannot remember the name of and it performed fine as well until it, too, gave out from all the juice leakage. By this point, I knew I needed to find a 50-75W box mod that was cheaper to save $$$ (since they always go out). I went into the local shop and asked the guy "what is your cheapest 50W variable voltage box mod" and he suggested an Aimidi Curve V4 mini. I was stunned when he rang up the sale. It was soo cheap (I want to say like $17.50). This worked great for about 1 year.. then gave out from juice leakage. When I went back to that same store and asked if they still sold the Aimidi Curve V4 Minis, he looked at me like I was from another planet. Their cheapest setup did not allow for changing the voltage (just a single button) and was outrageously overpriced. Another store in the area also had nothing affordable that fit those specifications.

My question to you: Is there a good trustworthy online store that sells 50-75W variable voltage box mods (I don't care if they're not the best or if they look 'ugly') that use a 510 connection screw preferably not over $40. The cheaper the better (and I know some are going to say you 'get what you pay for'.... please just save it for someone whos not broke as a joke and nearly homeless). My existing tank is a Motofo subtank and I'd like to be able to use it. I already have batteries. Thank you in advance!!!
You should have no problem finding a good mod in that range. I sent you a PM, and am wishing you luck here. Have a great night!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
The Pico 75 watt should work for you. Up top 75 watts, 1 battery, TC and can take your 22mm tank. They are $29 at MyVaporStore, maybe $5 for shipping. Well under your $40 limit and you can have it in about 4 to 6 days.

If you can wait, iStick.org has the Pico 25, Almost the same as the Pico 75, can go up to 85 watts, other wise the same, plus can take tanks up to 25mm, all for $24.80 with shipping. Might take a few weeks to get to you though.

Sure, the Pico's are not perfect, but they are tried and true for the most part.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The pico 75 is inexpensive and it has a removable battery which can be nice. There are also some dual battery box mods out there that are fairly inexpensive, you might check out the VV/VW mode for some suggestions and reviews by folks who have already purchased them, but there's tons of decent stuff available, good luck. :)

Anna

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Your tank being a 22mm, almost any mod will work. I like the Picos too, but the smaller version previously referred to. MVS is a great vendor, and my GoTo is always DiscountVapers, when I have a choice. They've been with me for six-plus years now, so I have a bit of a loyalty thing going on with/for them.

Slightly cheaper than MVS (shipping rates, mainly), and they get everything out the door immediately. 2-3 days to my house, in almost all cases.

Eleaf iStick Pico 75W TC Body Only - Black

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Psyduck879 - Rocky Mountain Vapor usually carries the Pico 75W mod in various colors, and many of us on ECF have bought multiples of them in the last year or so, with their 30% off coupon code: Turkey

They're out of the plain regular colored ones now, but DO have the Black with Bronze and the White with Bronze ones below...for just $24.50 with Free S/H when using the code Turkey at checkout.

Eleaf iStick PICO Black & Bronze/White & Bronze Kits - $35.00 : Rocky Mountain Vapor, The Mountain top of Electronic Cigarettes

RMV is a really good, somewhat smaller vendor compared to some of the "big guys". He has authentic products, excellent customer service, and quick shipping times.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
L2hQnR6JhA8-VjjJyGL6SoOYNaQq1WcMapGbPtwqllCpiAjQyJgEm1VfLGFcBgO5RI17yNVCJyL3DAB6KGWyBYHLfwAs4f60PqRpRfFJep5mgi2J_mQvx6STj_KU_PTCD60Aot8kESMVir_CbBmcgxEzxxJydywQLB97i6hxKKgVbW7QnxfAP2Id3e88Kz5X4Gh-R65P7z7AiGk0QOvIoDwgJJe1hLJyALxPRwJ-NwJHkgZvnO4iZG_1iAQZ_6iGyUB9QfO5WT16DU3rfzCPDojRsx7U9OUT_qg0Z4p87k1VXtENB6FFjBmj3YsICrAyRzjDy8z-tu-ceutXFgpTL5QeJY7QW7GtV3YBaNFj_RowOMOJKsyZ9svNYxM_eFJ_mxBmex8SZze91RveGhz1Ho_u1qqZZ7TOe_WYj23wi9CBYm7HnytQDyPPE_Hrdrj4ipcoK1dJYVZ93mdFMKbxOjfguENJbJ8eB23kFVy_GcNCqaFcoZG7598W-PxSWWf655qide_AL1zRo21DOKB7p61E-xjrmLWG_WrsLk2DCLkWmEMkxBSCtJn2fwgF__sxzkaG_0kWyjKQvZlvSrRDxwgmBPr2kSfL7pMc72Fw=w511-h683-no

Reactions: stols001

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
A great mod to buy would be the Smoant Battlestar. I’ve had mine for a year or so and it works great. It also has temp. Control mode also which might be something you’d enjoy. Before I got mine I watched a review where he disassembled the mod and it was put together really good. That was the main factor in my purchase of it as I was looking for a really durable mod. As a bonus it performs great too. It’s shaped a like a rounded triangle which I also love because it makes it harder to knock over even with the weight of a tank on top. It can be bought for under $40 with a little searching and I think you will love everything about it as many on here love theirs. Good luck

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread