bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
anyone bought one of these?
Buy VapeCige VTX200 200W Black 7ml 18650 TC VW Squonk Box Mod RDA Kit
Is it any good? $113 for a two battery dna250c squonk mod is a spanking deal, but I have no idea about build quality.
Apparently there is a totally different mod with the same name that for some inexplicable reason has an evil clown painted on one side and it is the only video review I could find.

Reactions: hazozita

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I’m very curious about it as well. Would love to have a 250c squonker, and while Lost Vape will be coming out with one, they certainly are taking their time.

I don’t expect the build quality of the case will be outstanding, and the position of the feed tube could be problematic, but it still could be worth getting. Or, it could be total garbage. The price is such that I’m unwilling to gamble until I see some feedback on actual performance. Hopefully some reviews or user feedback will appear soon since 3F usually has some coupons around Black Friday.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I’m very curious about it as well. Would love to have a 250c squonker, and while Lost Vape will be coming out with one, they certainly are taking their time.

I don’t expect the build quality of the case will be outstanding, and the position of the feed tube could be problematic, but it still could be worth getting. Or, it could be total garbage. The price is such that I’m unwilling to gamble until I see some feedback on actual performance. Hopefully some reviews or user feedback will appear soon since 3F usually has some coupons around Black Friday.
Yep this is my issue as well. If I was thinking about doing a hand made mod and would then have some other use for the PCI I would be able to justify the cost because single chips seem to retail for -$80 and I wouldn’t be that badly out of pocket if it turned out to be useless. Unfortunately I’m not in a position to build my own mod if things go south and it’s just too expensive for me to buy on a whim. I’m hoping someone else has done a review on these things. Part of the problem is I’ve never even heard of the company so I can’t even buy on reputation

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Part of the problem is I’ve never even heard of the company so I can’t even buy on reputation

They have released other mods with DNA boards – a 75c, a 250 and a 250c. I don’t own any of them, but have seen reviews. As I recall, their 75c got some decent reviews; the 250 and 250c had some build quality issues (rattles, button issues, etc.) but were functional. To the best of my knowledge, this is their first attempt at a squonk mod.

• Informative
Reactions: bombastinator

diagrammatiks

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2018
It just came out a few days ago. I'm going to see if I can get one shipped to me from 3fvape.

the dna250c board is already 80 bucks. 30 bucks to try this out and have a backup board for my other stuff if it's total garbage.

sounds ok.

I guess the only thing holding me back is that I'm definitely also going to buy a drone. and if I get this as well I could have use gotten a a rebel.

• Winner

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
It just came out a few days ago. I'm going to see if I can get one shipped to me from 3fvape.

the dna250c board is already 80 bucks. 30 bucks to try this out and have a backup board for my other stuff if it's total garbage.

sounds ok.

I guess the only thing holding me back is that I'm definitely also going to buy a drone. and if I get this as well I could have use gotten a a rebel.
If you do get one please let us know how it goes. I’m terribly curious.

diagrammatiks

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2018
I was thinking a boxer that won’t turn white if you get it wet, but potato potato :D

my 21700 boxer is already turning white. lol.

Like I said I'll check it out tomorrow. I gotta see what 3fvape policy on shipping to mainland china is.

Just need to decide if I want this and the drone or just the rebel dna250c 21700 squonker.

• Love

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Man I don’t know how they sell this so cheap.

It’s 113 from 3fvape but it comes as a kit with an included rda. Means the mod is like 100.

Granted the price from vapecige is 146. But the mod is still only 30-40 dollars more then an entire dna250c chip
If you buy dna boards in bulk the per unit price drops pretty quick. Also once you have the molds made (which is not cheap) injection molded plastic parts are very nearly free. I suspect the margin on these things is still fully healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread