RDA Cheap dripping system

Status
Not open for further replies.

flaw101

Mar 28, 2010
FL
ecighome.com
Hey guys,

after some research, I ordered these as my first cheap dripping solution. What do you think?

CodeItemQtyPriceGrand Total
SM-RDAM-0004SMOKTech **MINI** rda Atomizer - Gold
1$9.10$9.10
S-VDT20-0002Versicolor 510 Drip Tip - Stratosphere - Yellow - C
1$3.19$3.19
SIG-19ESigelei 19E Brass Telescopic
[batteries - Set of 2:Efest IMR 18650 2500mAh - Flat - 35A]
[Charger:Efest SODA Charger]
[tank:None]
1$68.42$68.42
^ EF65025Efest IMR 18650 LiMn 2500mAh Battery - Flat Top - 35 Amp
2$0.00$0.00
^ EFSODAEfest SODA Charger
1$0.00$0.00
DSC-326% Off Select Items [SM-RDAM-0004][S-VDT20-0002][SIG-19E]
1-$4.84-$4.84
Subtotal:$75.87
Tax:$0.00
Shipping Cost:$0.00
Grand Total:$75.87

show

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Kansas
You know a great starter dripper is the Igo-w, i know that there is tons of people who give it a bad rap, but it really is a great starting dripper. You should get one of those, they have a drip well and they have a three post design.
I still use it. I like that it has post holes unlike the Igo-L. I drilled out the two air holes and it is a champ.

flaw101

Mar 28, 2010
FL
ecighome.com
This has worked out rather well. There is a learning curve though.

Smoktech is obviously watching the forums. On their mini rda, gone is the air hole underneath the coil. The hole is now placed on the tank so you can position it to direct airflow on the coil. Leakage issues are gone unless you throw a lot of juice in there. I do 6 drops at a time to be safe.

I gave up on the stock coils and wound four loops of 28 awg kanthal on a 4 deep piece of silica. Took a few tries, but finally ended up with .7 ohm coil. After some use, it's reading 1.3 ohms. Vaping like freaking mad.

The mod is good. The batteries are great. The mod suffers from the locking ring wanting to unscrew the button, but I've learned to lock the button by turning the locking ring until I just start to feel resistance. Otherwise, just remove the button assembly, place your thumb on the contact to hold it still and screw the button back in tight.

If you're careful, this combination will work out great for you. I'm mixing my juice at about 70% vg for the cloud effect. Bunches of fun.

Last edited:

flaw101

Mar 28, 2010
FL
ecighome.com
Yeah guys....I see an Igo-w in my future. As an aside, my reel of 28 awg kanthal sprung loose on me. SOB! So I cut the unwound stuff into winding lengths, broke out the cordless drill and straightened those into about 20 rods using Rip Trippers technique. It was kinda therapeutic.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yA_iUkuKufs

Last edited:

flaw101

Mar 28, 2010
FL
ecighome.com
Wow. Just got the TOBH clone this evening. Built a .7 ohm dual coil with organic cotton. Saturated with a juicy peach juice I made a couple of weeks ago. Took a nice mouth to lung hit and coughed my ... off. Oh... I make 12 mg nic juice for my clearomizers. A few more hits and I am amazed. This is what my juice really tastes like. The cartomizers really mask the taste. The rda mini is a toy. This clone really gives me taste! I'm looking forward to some 6 mg nic juices arriving from Stix Elixers soon, but think I'll try some straight VG and a bit of flavoring tonight just for fun. Thanks KC33 and all others for the suggestions. This is a blast and I think I'll tone down the flavor percentage, because the flavor delivery of this dripper is freaking amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread