Cheapest mail order ego type battery's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Sometimes you get what you pay for. Cheap does not usually equate to quality. If you can reasonably afford it, why not purchase from a reputable vendor that sells authentic brand name eGo batteries such as the Vision Spinner. You may pay a little more, but at least you'll receive a product that is warrantied and more likely to work. Buying generic off brand batteries from questionable sources is always at the buyer's risk.

I like ordering from Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette | myvaporstore. I've used this vendor for several years and never had issues. Reputable vendor, wide selection variety, authentic brand names, competitive pricing, usually in stock and if not in stock it will be in a few days.

Top Hat

Jul 16, 2010
SW Ohio
I'm not sure what you're getting at. FT sells authentic Spinners: FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics
My authentic Battery's do not work. Fasttech tells me to send a picture of the Battery's, I did. Now they say send a video of the Battery's that do not work. Its clear to me they are giving me the runaround.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Are these even currently being manufactured? Just asking?

If not, how old are current stock and how long have they been sitting around. Batteries do age, even when they aren't used.

Maybe that's why they don't work?

I have some brand new in box from years back that won't hold a charge for squat.

Top Hat

Jul 16, 2010
SW Ohio

If not, how old are current stock and how long have they been sitting around. Batteries do age, even when they aren't used.

Maybe that's why they don't work?

I have some brand new in box from years back that won't hold a charge for squat.
Thats the exact question that I asked them in my last email to them "How long have they been sitting around in the warehouse". No reply yet.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm not sure what you're getting at. FT sells authentic Spinners: FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics
$25.49 per battery shipped is more than a little more (Vision Spinner).
I am just looking for a reasonable priced mail order Battery suppler.
My authentic Battery's do not work. Fasttech tells me to send a picture of the Battery's, I did. Now they say send a video of the Battery's that do not work. Its clear to me they are giving me the runaround.
I'm fully aware that FT sells authentic brand name items. They are always labeled "authentic". Off brand or generic items are labeled "similar to" or "XXXX - like".

OP has already ordered from FT, was disappointed in the product and believes he is getting the run around. He's not likely to purchase from them again.

@Top Hat, as I said before you usually get what you pay for. A reputable store like My Vapor store in the US may charge a little more than some mail order suppliers, but at least your items are guaranteed with a money back or replacement warranty provided, and you don't have to wait weeks for delivery. A lot of online suppliers sell counterfeit or generic items which may or may not work. Reputable suppliers like My Vapor Store purchase authentic items directly from the manufacturers. The risk of being disappointed is nearly nonexistant.

Last edited:

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
Simular issue with FT here. Not batteries but a faulty product. Anyway the put me through the picture-video thing. When they were satisfied they made it right. Took a little while and they sent replacements. I believe them to be about the best slow boat available.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

If not, how old are current stock and how long have they been sitting around. Batteries do age, even when they aren't used. Maybe that's why they don't work?

Ego Spinners by Vision are still prominantly displayed on the manufacturer's website.

Heavily discounted batteries on most online websites are probably "old stock" that the vendor wishes to move quickly. If the price looks too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true. Caveat emptor - Wikipedia

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well I wouldn't give up or necessarily say they are giving you the runaround, but I'm also not ENTIRELY sure the replacements will be better (I mean, I guess they MAY be?) I would ask for refund rather than replacement if you don't want to deal with them further and etc. but I'm fairly 100% certain that like, they were/are authentic if they were labeled as such, it's just that you run into these kinds of issues when dealing with obsolete, outdated equipment. There are probably higher cost vendors who manufacture something similar (and younger) but yes you will have to pay for the privilege.

So my question is, given that yes, you will be paying more for obsolete equipment that you don't know how old it is, don't know how long it has been sitting and will one day die on you anyway, is there a reason you might not want to broaden your horizons a bit?

I mean, you may most certainly have reasons but if you are buying ego style batteries from any vendor at any price, you may have continued problems, it may die on you (fairly early even but outside the warranty period) so is there a specific reason you think this is the way to go, other than habit, (and habits can be changed) or is this just your first type of vaping setup and you never branched out from it?

Because, you can certainly branch out from it. If you want.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Bradder

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Where can I find low cost ego type battery's?
I ordered some from Fasttech and they do not work.
Vape pen type.

How aren't they working? 5-clicks doesn't turn them on? They light up but won't fire an atomizer (and you tried a few atomizers)? They won't charge?

It isn't uncommon for places like FT to ask for video demonstrating non-functionality, and shouldn't be too hard to provide one.

Top Hat

Jul 16, 2010
SW Ohio
How aren't they working? 5-clicks doesn't turn them on? They light up but won't fire an atomizer (and you tried a few atomizers)? They won't charge?

It isn't uncommon for places like FT to ask for video demonstrating non-functionality, and shouldn't be too hard to provide one.
One is completely dead, one charges for a few mins. then when you try to use it it flashes two times like it needs charging. tried different atomizers.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
One is completely dead, one charges for a few mins. then when you try to use it it flashes two times like it needs charging. tried different atomizers.

Since you've got nothing to lose anyway, try gently prying up the recessed round middle contact inside .. gently .. with a sharp object that will fit in there .. it may need to be slightly higher in order to make a good connection ..

Top Hat

Jul 16, 2010
SW Ohio
Since you've got nothing to lose anyway, try gently prying up the recessed round middle contact inside .. gently .. with a sharp object that will fit in there .. it may need to be slightly higher in order to make a good connection ..
Tried that. Its like when you press the button without the atty it looks like it will work, then when you screw the atty on and press it blinks two times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread