Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
Hi, folks,

Instead of a review, I have a question for all of you reviewers out there. :)

Can someone recommend a really good chocolate juice? I've tried and tried, I even tried to make my own - all to no avail. All of the chocolate juices I tried had that awful chemical bitter-burned-week-old-coffee taste... I'm now afraid to spend any more money on this quest, and it occurs to me that maybe others have already found what I seek. :)

I need chocolate - sweet, creamy, sinful, rich chocolate. Is there a vendor who sells that? Any suggestions?

The other flavor I am looking for is true-to-life cake (or danish, or waffle, or pancake) - but with no syrup or fruity or cinnamony add-ons. Does such a thing exist?

Thanks. :)

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Some food flavors are easy to replicate. Others aren't. And even when we can "replicate" them chemically, a flavor that satisfies as food may not pass muster as a vape.

For instance, vanilla is easy. Great as food, easy to replicate in many varieties and nuances, and great as a flavor element in vaping. Good by itself, and even better when mixed with other flavors in eliquid blends.

Chocolate, however, remains elusive. I've tried over 50 chocolate flavors in all sorts of blends, and none has satisfied me. Not one. Not even close. Whether it's from any of the very best ejuice alchemists in the marketplace or from my own DIY efforts, my reaction is always "Huh? Why doesn't this taste like chocolate?"

I probably won't throw in the towel, but at this point I'm not optimistic.

melly710

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2009
Have you tried any of Gourmet Vapors chocolates? I like Chocolate Eclair but there are many others that are probably also good. Just got another bottle for 50% off.

I also like ECBlends Chocolate and Chocolate Toffee but not quite as much as the GV.

I have just ordered some chocolate from Virgin Vapors but haven't gotten it yet to let you know how good that one is.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Mmmmm, chocolate lust sounds yum!

Yes, Chocolate Lust "sounds" great. I tried it. To me, it didn't taste anything like the image conjured up by the name. So, that's one thumbs up (way up, judging from the post), and one thumbs down (way down, in my opinion).

As always, YMMV.

Catmom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2011
Blue Ridge Heaven
I'm right with you. I've been looking for my chocolate nirvana for about 3 months now. The best I've found is Ms T's chocolate brownie, with an added drop of her sweetener for every 5 mL. My only complaint about her choc brownie juice is that it tastes fantastic in a carto filled for the first time and left to sit for at least 24 hours. Before long though, it starts tasting burned. Probably because when it's good I can't stop vaping it. I think I overheat the carto. And refilled cartos just don't compare with that first fill in a brand new carto. The flavor isn't as strong, runs out faster, and starts tasting burned faster.

I've tried many of the flavors others here have said are great, and I didn't care for them. Chocolate Lust - tried it, didn't do it for me. KBV chocolate cake - nope, not to me. Also tried their tootsie rolly and a couple of others. I'm also getting ready to place an order with Virgin Vapors. They have 3 chocolate flavors and I'm going to try them all.

Don't let my opinions stop you from trying any of the recommended chocolates. If others loved them, you may too! Good luck!

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
I've had no luck with chocolates either. They all taste minty or soapy. I thought it was just my weird taste buds, but apparently others have similar problems. I think you can get sort of a tootsie roll flavor with eliquid, but not creamy chocolate.

Try Vaperite organic cake batter, it's one of my favorites. I get it in 70/30 so it won't clog attys. To me it taste exactly like white cake batter licked from the beaters and brings back childhood memories. You can add fruit flavors to it for variety, but I love it just the way it comes.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
Hmmmm.... The plot thickens. :) Thanks for the input, everyone. I see I have some more homework.

I love Gourmet Vapor - all of my tobacco juices come from there (except Boba's), and I love playing with mixing flavors. However, chocolate from them was a no-go for me. Straight-up chocolate was... how should I put it politely... "not at all applicable to my taste buds". It's only virtue, for me, was that it does really well deepening and applying bitter notes to my tobacco blends. I tried a few variations - still no go. I mixed a more palatable blend myself by using a very small percentage of chocolate flavor with cocoa, bavarian cream, and honey - it was weak chocolate, but not too bad flavor-wise. For those of you who like Gourmet Vapor, you might try that...

I see that several folks are recommending chocolate cakes from various vendors - for some reason I didn't think of that, since I don't like cake as a rule, but this makes sense, I'll have to try these. Ice cream, too - several vendors sell chocolate ice cream and shakes.

Oh, and Juicejunky, thanks muchly for the Vaperite organic cake batter recommendation. I'll order it soonest. I really need this flavor for one of the blends I have planned, and fruity stuff just won't do.

What can I say? Thanks, guys, I am eagerly looking forward to more "research". :laugh:

On a slightly off-topic note, I'm seriously considering getting involved with DIY. Aside from looking like it would be fun, and giving another outlet to my creative proclivities, I wonder if I can come up with chocolate that would satisfy my craving... Of course, that would involve researching which company does better "raw" flavor... Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread