Choo Choo! Is this you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Yes, it's me, WorksForMe. Thank you. :) Was so afraid the NYT editor would somehow make me look like a donkey's behind. However, the reporter, Paula Span, did her homework and used an even hand in her story. She has written other articles covering topics particular to us "seasoned persons"...people. :p Helps she is in her late 60's , so is a "been there, done that" type of person. :thumbs:

The following was an interview in 2014 with Dimi Agrafiotis (The Vapin Greek) after about 8 mos. of vaping. That was fun. Thought for sure more "overly ripened" people would be filmed by now. :( Quit smoking after 53 years.. Does she have a white Mini?

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Would have been the perfect article except for

"Would-be quitters can greatly increase their odds of success by using F.D.A.-approved nicotine replacement products, or a prescription drug like Chantix"

Chantix is worse than smoking as far as I am concerned. 67 here and quit smoking a little over a year ago with vaping. Was kind of rough going for first two weeks but worked out after that.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Beamslider, while talking with Paula Span, I did mention that Pfizer, the maker of Chantix, settled a class action law suit in 2015? due to well over 500 people died while using it and many more were injured. At one time the FDA considering requiring 2 "black box" warnings. Guess they dropped that. :(

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Yes, it's me, WorksForMe. Thank you. :) Was so afraid the NYT editor would somehow make me look like a donkey's behind. However, the reporter, Paula Span, did her homework and used an even hand in her story. She has written other articles covering topics particular to us "seasoned persons"...people. :p Helps she is in her late 60's , so is a "been there, done that" type of person. :thumbs:

How did she find out about you? I mean, nobody from the NY Times ever wants to interview me about vaping.:laugh:

I Fixed that for you.

I took Chantix for about a month several years ago. I never wanted to jump out a window, but I kept having these little “episodes”. For a few seconds I would get really light-headed and if I tried to talk, all that would come out is some kind of jibberish instead of real words. This would happen a dozen times a day. It scared the hell out of me. Needless to say, I quit taking Chantix and started smoking again.

BobbyV

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2011
Dallas Texas
Started smoking while serving in the Air Force back in 1968. Took Chantix over 10 years ago to quit smoking. It worked to minimize nicotine cravings but I did experience weird dreams as described in the drug's literature. Stopped Chantix due to its side effects and began smoking again within weeks. I'm now 68 and have been vaping since 2012 with no desire for tobacco. Enjoy vaping my Lost Vape Paranormal DNA 75 with the OBS Engine RTA between 35 and 45 watts, with a 1.5 mg nicotine ejuice. Many thanks to all the ECF members who helped me along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread