Cigar eGo wrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankee802

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Panama City, Florida
l3oertjie on this thread showed his atty mod, and it was also contained in a cosmetic mod where he made it look like a small cigar. I liked the idea and wanted to mimic it, so here it is.

First, I used an eGo USB passthrough for the ecig, with a Sapphire and it's cone w/cap from GotVapes. I can use any (almost) carto I want, but I love these. All I would have to do to keep it looking like a cigar, would be to make another mouth piece for whatever other carto I used, and if I should ever do it, I'll post new pics here then.

IMG_20110915_083851.jpg

Second, from the above mentioned post, I grabbed the much appreciated graphic for the cigar wrap, and copied it multiple times in one 8"x11.5" graphic, so I would maximize the paper, and got 7 strips for one sheet.

Cigar Paper.jpg

If this graphic doesn't work for you, go to the above linked post and grab the original from there. :)

I then went to Amazon, and found some waterproof Vinyl adhesive printer paper here. $14 shipped for 5 sheets, and I have only used one. I printed the page, and put it aside to look for some clay.

At a local craft store, Michael's, I found this for less than $2.

IMG_20110915_083746.jpg

Ok, now I have everything, ecig, graphic, paper, clay. I molded the clay around the mouthpiece, juice view windows, button ring, and end cap (for the ash), baked all except the battery at 275 for 15 minutes. I'm not a craft person, don't know if I should have gone longer, but it seems hard enough.

IMG_20110915_083954.jpg IMG_20110915_083736.jpg

I printed the graphic on the vinyl paper, cut peeled and applied, very easy. Being my first attempt, I used a couple strips, but that is ok, I got 7. I started to try to wrap the whole thing in one strip, and realized it wasn't going to work that way, so did all components separately, much better that way. I had trouble with the button ring, so I have left it alone for now, will probably go back later and finish, but some cigars have rings. :) It now not only looks like a cigar, but it FEELS like a cigar, and because of the airflow, it draws like a cigar.

Ok, can't seem to add more pics, I'll either edit this, or post a following one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread