Circuit idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOILbeast76

Jun 1, 2019
Canada
Cool, it's been a long time since I saw a thread on modding. Not being a modder myself, the only thing that I can think of is to buy a cheap mod with that kind of switch already installed and swap it out. Don't recall hearing of one tho, I don't shop much myself. Best of luck!
The tricky part with that is that I'm completely building it from the ground up.
I did find a schematic for the build, but was on the hunt for advice and answers from people with first hand experience.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I'm building a custom stab wood box mod and I was thinking...

Is there a way to throw in a switch where I can toggle between series and parallel configuration? Ideally without having to remove the batteries from the sled?

I have a lot of excess space in the wood block to work with for this plan, as well.

iIRC you can do this with a DPDT switch. There are schematics available online for examples. You’ll need a switch with a high enough current rating though.

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    New Jersey, USA
    www.whichgun.com
    Yup, it's a pretty simple circuit with a DPDT (double-pole, double-throw) switch. As Mooch said, be sure to use a switch that is rated for the current.

parallel_series_922044dc-f185-48b9-bf41-434c3ea04b17_grande.jpg

wedoitall

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 9, 2014
    Clay, West Virginia, USA
    If Iirc my good friend Hugh Bunker came up with a way to do both fully mechanical, with no chip. He used to own SWM Mods. He is a good feller. Also, he currently isn't making mods and I dont believe has intentions to. Which is a shame as he was an artist with mechanical woods.

Still have all his designs that went to market. My FAV of ALL time is his single battery wood that uses a wood button to fire, and no joke, on a fresh battery it will hit as hard as a parallel running two batts.

Story above was done so you could get a glimpse to his talent.
    He is on social media, if you contact him, tell hin Hillbilly from WV sent ya . I'll bet he will try to help you out.

Funny the luxotic nc was mentioned, been using mine hard for over a year and something shorted out right under the switch. Brighter than the lights on the wife's pagan tree, that she just out up

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread