Cisco LR 510 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animeguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Virginia
I just got into 1.5 LR attys. I started with Volcano's LR 510. After a few days the draw on it became hard. I thought it was juice clogging up atty since I vape all VG. But when I took a good look at it, I noticed the seal or insulator whatever that rubber thing in between the inner part of thread and the outer part of big hole at the bottom of atty is blocking the little air holes on the thread. So I went to avid vapor and got me their cisco LR510. Same thing. 2 days of vaping then it blocks it. Not as bad as volcano but still annoying. It does not do this on regular 510 but the LR 510 give me more consistent throat hits so I prefer that. 306 vapes too warm for me.
Anyone else have this problem?

Animeguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Virginia
I too tried to fix it and destroyed 2 attys. As of over-tight it may be the case but I don't see that is the case. I think it is somehow related to by juice. I use Djarum Black Clove juice and on the reg 510 and 306 it is fine. Seems like ry4 works on it. I need to buy some more LR510 to test something. Maybe if I vape ry4 to break it in, it may be able to handle it after wards. I managed to revive one atty buy soaking it in vokda for a day. I been vapin ry4 and DBC on that just switching it back and forth. my other 2 has been soaking for a day in vodka hopefully it will open up. But I hope this 1 atty lasts till my new ones come in. I am going to buy 2 more 1.5 ohm 510 and 2 1.8 ohm 510. If the insulator on the 1.8 is the same as the 306, then I should not have any problems. I just don't like the 306's vapor heat. I have been told that the reason why the 306 is hotter then the 1.5 LR510 is because the atty length is different. Longer length cools the vapor. I don't believe it. I think that it is because the atty barrel is made of plastic is why. IMO the metal barrel takes away a little more of the heat on the 510 than on the 306 delrin drip tip.
I also got 4 more regular 510s but they are just not enough. Sometimes I can get a nice throat hit and huge vapor. But the 1.5 is insane. I can make cars disappear while I drive lol Kinda dangerous.

Animeguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Virginia
Just received my 1.8 510 from Avid Vapers. They are nice. Only problem is that Super T Tips is too big for it. It fits in but super tight and it does not go in all the way.
I also got a 306 to 510 adapter. They are awesome. Now I can vape with the 306. The heat on 306 is not as bad anymore. Only problem is that my inferno cone does not fit over it. I can jam it on and it will get stuck on the adapter but its not on completely. It cuts airflow from the top of cone. But there is enough space at the bottom of cone for air to enter. So for now that works.
I also got some more 1.5 LR510s I am going to prime it with no flav for a while to see what happens. If nothing happens, then I know that its my Djarum Black Juice that is wrecking my other 6 LR510 attys. Yeah in 3 weeks I wrecked 6 attys. 2 of them I had to throw away because the insulator wouldn't shrink back to normal.

Dan Patrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Texas Forest Country
Well I love the 306, and to get rid of all that heat, I made a quick mod. I took an old 510 gutted it and cut a piece of the plastic sleeve off of the 310 and then put it on the atty and then put the 510 sleve over that, then used a drip tip. Crazy vapor, and not that much heat. I am using that set up right now on an ego with the cone on and still getting good air flow. Took a bit of trial and error on which tip to use. The Cisco 310 to 510 drip tip adapter won't work inside the cone of an ego, so this works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread