Status
Not open for further replies.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Why not just baking soda on a toothbrush?

A tad abrasive but it'll do ya. A little moisture and something sticky as a carrier ain't bad.

Or how about baking soda and vinegar together? Fizzing action galore, and I'm pretty sure the chemical reaction would neutralize any vinegary flavor.

Starbuck's fav cleaner I understand from some tipsters on consistency, i.e. keep the pots clean.

(My secret fav surface cleaner is BS and H2O2.)

Just kidding but really do like the ease of use of toothpaste 'cause its handy, no fuss-no muss solution.

Also we're talkin' degrees of attack on the material and surface finish. I like to use Brasso and it'll remove finish but not as aggressively as a more concentrated vinegar salt solution can.

Hate dulled glass myself, no matter how clean. BS toothpaste works really well there too as a bottle wash for removing sticky VG residue you can never seem to get rid of totally. A very slightly moist soft round brush and a dab swiped all around followed by a vigorous shake and swirl or two with very hot water is usually enough. Shake out hard any remaining drops and the bottle or flask heat dries to a perfect clear finish.

Good luck. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
FWIW, for new tanks, I use only Dawn and hot water, rinse thoroughly and I'm done. No aftertaste ever and all the remnants of machining oil are gone. I don't like acids or anything abrasive and I don't think it's necessary. I clean all electrical connections (pins) with Isopropyl alcohol. For deeper cleaning, if/when necessary, I dissolve a denture/retainer cleaning tablet and soak any dirty pieces in that solution and then rinse with water (make sure the tablets are unflavored ;)). coils are dry burned a few times, very gently, then replaced. I like fresh coils and fresh wicks.

Last edited:

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I dissolve a denture/retainer cleaning tablet and soak any dirty pieces in that solution and then rinse with water (make sure the tablets are unflavored ;))
    That's what I use.
    Put everything in a small container and use hot water with the tablet.
    Gets into all the nooks and crannies of the tanks that can't be taken apart all the way.
    Rinse thoroughly after soaking.
    It will also remove most of the staining in silicone squonk bottles.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread