Cleaning Cartos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IOU

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Laguna Beach, California
I personally soak them in vodka overnight then let them dry out for a day before refilling. You might make sure you have a clear hole through the middle if they are drawing bad. I have found that the packing sometimes gets displaced and they draw poorly. I just use a toothpick to rearrange the inner packing and get them drawing better.

MsOceanCity

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
New Jersey
You might make sure you have a clear hole through the middle if they are drawing bad. I have found that the packing sometimes gets displaced and they draw poorly. I just use a toothpick to rearrange the inner packing and get them drawing better.

That works fine with cartos made with a vertical atty wire running down the middle hole(like V4L's Boge Wow or Coolcart blanks) but I'm having trouble cleaning the cartos with a horizontal atty wire that sits right at the bottom of it. There isn't enough room, with it in the way, to place a paper clip or toothpick through the center hole. Anyone else have experience with this type of carto (nhaler mega and bloog maxx fusion are both made this way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread