Cleaning clearomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swer3397

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2012
South Texas
Sunshyne, you could be using a dark juice that is messing up the nova heads. Although 1 day seems excessive, usually it is like 3-5 days for me. Some people let them get real gunked up before cleaning. Voldka is also a great way to clean cartos and wicks like many have said. It beats the smell of vinegar. I also boil my punched cartos over the stove and let them dry. Not sure about boiling the nova metal though.

But soaking them for days on end is not recommended in my opinion. You'd risk weakening the fibres of the material. Like using too much bleach in the laundry. Make sure you are taking the wicks out properly so you can clear off the excess gunk inside the metal head.

As far as that vanilla you are searching for, you should try the Cotton Candy flavor. I am almost certain Pillow Dreams is one of the ingredients as I can taste it in there. Just a suggestion.

Last edited:

MPage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2011
Warsaw, Indiana
Wow, I've heard other people say they wash them (Vivi Nova's) every wk or two.... I'd have to wash them every day. I don't know what the problem is with them. I just ordered 3 new heads for the Nova and 1st one lasted less then 1 day before it got gross and really hard to hit. Tried another one and got the same thing. So that's 2 wick heads over 2 days. Not happy.

I'm using 100% VG as I can't tolerate PG but the only flavors I've ever used in my Vivi Nova's are Blk Cherry Marshmallow, Bella Amaretto and Pillow Dreams. The batteries I use them on are the Kgo or the Ego Twist at 3.2-3.4 as anything higher tastes burnt or makes the difficulty level of taking a hit happen even quicker.

Insanely frustrating when people say they last so much longer. I actually soaked the original 4 wick heads for over a wk in the PGA and there was only a tinge of a brownish yellow color in the glass. The wicks were still not visible. Ok... let me correct that... they were visible but about 3x's the original size from all the build up on them. I bought some little tooth brush-ish thingy (Dentek Easy Brush Cleaners) that are really tiny and what I thought would be perfect to lightly brush the gunk off and they made a difference, but not enough to not still get residual gunk in the next fill-up of juice. Yuk and wasteful. Now what?

This stuff is really getting costly and if it doesn't leak, it is expensive and only lasts a day (pretty sad cuz it tastes great during that day - esp Pillow Dreams - amazing in the Vivi Nova... for about 6 hrs max!!). What to do? The Vision Ego Clearos leak so bad it's ridiculous! They last for about half a day and you're so excited cuz your flavor is so good (especially Amaretto and Blk Cherry Marshmallow) and then you refill and half an hr later you realize you put more juice in there than what you see.... oh wait.... that's cuz it's sitting on the battery. :grr::laugh:

Sooo frustrating... obviously! I really didn't mean to vent but I just lost a lot of my Blk Cherry Marshmallow in the Vision Ego Clearo I just bought last wk and used for the first time this afternoon. It was just so much easier smoking analogs. Buy a pack, open it, light up, repeat. I don't want to smoke again, but damn this is so time consuming, costly and frustrating.

I just really want to enjoy the flavors I LOVE that Annette makes!!! For example... took awhile but I finally found that Pillow Dreams is the sweet vanilla I've been searching for... tastes amazing for a few hrs in the Vivi Nova... tastes completely different in the Boges, Smok Tech or Vision Ego. I'm learning it's the nature of the beast, but when I hear people say things last a wk, 2wks or more... I get very frustrated. It's not rocket science. I just wanna vape the VV juice I love and enjoy it like it was meant to be...

This guy seems to be enjoying himself :vapor:

Btw... What's and Ego-c type b? Or a CE5? Guess I need to look those up.

I sure wish I cd help you with all this - but I also have no idea why you have so many issues. CE5 is a clearomizer- the eGo stuff/attys is def not the way to go- way too much leaking. I hope others here can give you good advice- seems you are using good products.

SunshyneGurl

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2012
Florida
Sunshyne, you could be using a dark juice that is messing up the nova heads. Although 1 day seems excessive, usually it is like 3-5 days for me. Some people let them get real gunked up before cleaning. Voldka is also a great way to clean cartos and wicks like many have said.

But soaking them for days on end is not recommended in my opinion. You'd risk weakening the fibres of the material. Like using too much bleach in the laundry. Make sure you are taking the wicks out properly so you can clear off the excess gunk inside the metal head.

As far as that vanilla you are searching for, you should try the Cotton Candy flavor. I am almost certain Pillow Dreams is one of the ingredients as I can taste it in there. Just a suggestion.

Thx Swer! I just re-read my post and can really see how frustrated I was with losing more of my Blk Cherry Marshmallow!!! Sooo funny!! I was gonna PM you and ask you these questions but it looks like I just let it all out to all! Hee hee! :lol:

The juices I used were only the ones I mentioned. Also, when I rinsed the Nova wicks in water, they practically shredded in my fingers. I'd say close to 40% of the wicking fibers were falling off in my fingers and I wasn't pulling or twisting or putting any pressure on them. It was crazy! After soaking overnight in the EverClear (like was recommended to me) I noticed it made no difference. Since they were unusable anyway I rinsed them in h2o again and put new vodka in the glass and let them soak longer. Why not?! Kept checking on them, rinsing them, dropping them back in the glass. I thought they'd rust before anything! Anyway... it didn't help them too much. Surprisingly, after that time I noticed that not nearly as much of the fibers were falling out (not that there was a whole lot left!). I was ...... to clean as good as I thought I could, put new juice in, only to have it get dk and gross tasting (it was mixing with the gunk that was still left on the coil and the protective paper in the wick head). But also there were fibers falling off and floating in the juice as well. Strange huh?

After doing a little more research, I'm thinking either the coils were wrapped too tight originally (which would explain why so much literally shredded and fell off in my hands when rinsing) or for some freak reason they were not originals and replaced with knock-offs in transition or from the distributor. Those are the only reasons I could find so far! What else can you use to clean the coils off and not detach or break them?

Ohhhh... I'm far ahead of you on the Cotton Candy! :thumb: I ordered 2 large bottles early in Oct. before everyone else found out how good it is! Yeah, I do taste some Pillow Dreams in it too! It's sooo good! I'm happy Annette decided to put it on the menu! I think I'd be happy with Pillow Dreams mixed in with just about anything, and especially anything mixed with vanilla (ex: Cherry/Blackberry/Peach Vanilla Swirl, because imo it's more complex than the buttery vanillas and gives a little sweetness!) It's also really good lightly mixed with the Creme Caramel and the White Choc Raspberry (which is so good on it's own too)... yum!! I'm just happy I tried it solo cuz I discovered it's really good all by itself and from all the flavors I've tried so far it produces the most vape clouds which is just fun! I hope Annette uses it to make the Mango Pudding we spoke about... think it would be so tasty!! It would also be amazing mixed with Pineapple (just pineapple without any other flavors!) Whaddya think? I think we share some similar tastes!

SunshyneGurl

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2012
Florida
I sure wish I cd help you with all this - but I also have no idea why you have so many issues. CE5 is a clearomizer- the eGo stuff/attys is def not the way to go- way too much leaking. I hope others here can give you good advice- seems you are using good products.

Thx for the help! Yeah, I'm only using products that people here have recommended and would never use any juice other than Virgin Vapor (sacrilegious)!! I think we're probably best off using the Boges or Smok Tech to test all our flavors even though we get slightly different tastes in them than the Clearos or tanks. Seems to be the lesser of all evils!! Time to order the "crowd pleaser" which is my term for anything in large quantity!!! Annette has put together some larger qty options for each of those. Good luck to both of us!

myyrkezaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2012
Clayton, NC
I think its the 100% VG, it is much thicker and tougher on wicks and carto filler, I do have wick degradation but nothing to that extent.

You sound like a candidate for mesh wicks, you can either create one for the Vivis or get a true rebuildable. They say they last a really long time and after washing you might have to re-oxidize it.

LouP

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I've said it before.....CE3s work great with VV juices! No leaks, last a long, long time, fantastic flavour and vapour!! Easy to clean...and switch flavours..except for cinnamon.
Otherwise, I tried the super shorty Smoktech cartos which are excellent for testing jices as they only hold about 15 drops. I love everything about them except ...they don't last all that long. I guess I'm spoiled with the CE3s. From now on I will try to keep on hand the two types above and some of the smoktech single coils from Annette. :)

MPage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2011
Warsaw, Indiana
I've said it before.....CE3s work great with VV juices! No leaks, last a long, long time, fantastic flavour and vapour!! Easy to clean...and switch flavours..except for cinnamon.
Otherwise, I tried the super shorty Smoktech cartos which are excellent for testing jices as they only hold about 15 drops. I love everything about them except ...they don't last all that long. I guess I'm spoiled with the CE3s. From now on I will try to keep on hand the two types above and some of the smoktech single coils from Annette. :)

Where do you get your CE3's? Is that what the Visions are on here?

Swer3397

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2012
South Texas
Thx Swer! I just re-read my post and can really see how frustrated I was with losing more of my Blk Cherry Marshmallow!!! Sooo funny!! I was gonna PM you and ask you these questions but it looks like I just let it all out to all! Hee hee! :lol:

The juices I used were only the ones I mentioned. Also, when I rinsed the Nova wicks in water, they practically shredded in my fingers. I'd say close to 40% of the wicking fibers were falling off in my fingers and I wasn't pulling or twisting or putting any pressure on them. It was crazy! After soaking overnight in the EverClear (like was recommended to me) I noticed it made no difference. Since they were unusable anyway I rinsed them in h2o again and put new vodka in the glass and let them soak longer. Why not?! Kept checking on them, rinsing them, dropping them back in the glass. I thought they'd rust before anything! Anyway... it didn't help them too much. Surprisingly, after that time I noticed that not nearly as much of the fibers were falling out (not that there was a whole lot left!). I was ...... to clean as good as I thought I could, put new juice in, only to have it get dk and gross tasting (it was mixing with the gunk that was still left on the coil and the protective paper in the wick head). But also there were fibers falling off and floating in the juice as well. Strange huh?

After doing a little more research, I'm thinking either the coils were wrapped too tight originally (which would explain why so much literally shredded and fell off in my hands when rinsing) or for some freak reason they were not originals and replaced with knock-offs in transition or from the distributor. Those are the only reasons I could find so far! What else can you use to clean the coils off and not detach or break them?

Ohhhh... I'm far ahead of you on the Cotton Candy! :thumb: I ordered 2 large bottles early in Oct. before everyone else found out how good it is! Yeah, I do taste some Pillow Dreams in it too! It's sooo good! I'm happy Annette decided to put it on the menu! I think I'd be happy with Pillow Dreams mixed in with just about anything, and especially anything mixed with vanilla (ex: Cherry/Blackberry/Peach Vanilla Swirl, because imo it's more complex than the buttery vanillas and gives a little sweetness!) It's also really good lightly mixed with the Creme Caramel and the White Choc Raspberry (which is so good on it's own too)... yum!! I'm just happy I tried it solo cuz I discovered it's really good all by itself and from all the flavors I've tried so far it produces the most vape clouds which is just fun! I hope Annette uses it to make the Mango Pudding we spoke about... think it would be so tasty!! It would also be amazing mixed with Pineapple (just pineapple without any other flavors!) Whaddya think? I think we share some similar tastes!

Yeah I am thinking any chocolate mixed with pillow dreams would taste awesome. I tried some chocolate with orange creamsicle the other day and it was great too.

The Vivi Novas do sound suspect. I have yet to have any do that. I have old ones from months ago that are still in great condition - the falling apart in your hand part is not fun. I have boiled them, steeped them and dry burned and still they are completely intact. Sounds like a knockoff or something idk...Yeah it's possible that they were wrapped too tightly so the fibers became too taut but I have even rewrapped wicks before and never seen them break : -/

SunshyneGurl

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2012
Florida

Where do you get CE3s?

That's not something that VV carries and I've only purchased and swore to myself I'd stick with them cuz they've been so amazing to me since the very beginning after my PG allergy discovery!! Think it's something they could carry? I guess I'll talk to them about it because you're not the 1st person to mention the CE3s.

SunshyneGurl

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2012
Florida
The Vivi Novas do sound suspect. I have yet to have any do that. I have old ones from months ago that are still in great condition - the falling apart in your hand part is not fun. I have boiled them, steeped them and dry burned and still they are completely intact. Sounds like a knockoff or something idk...Yeah it's possible that they were wrapped too tightly so the fibers became too taut but I have even rewrapped wicks before and never seen them break : -/

The 1st ones I got were in early October I believe, and just got new wick heads last wk. Wow... you've done all that to them? I can't imagine... It literally took just getting them damp and they were falling to pieces and shredding strings in my hands and there was a string floating in the very first tank use. I just figured that's what they did and people didn't talk about it. It happened to all of the wicks that I ordered... 2 Nova tanks and each came with 3 different ohm levels. I ended up using all 6 of them with a few days and they were all the same. Shredding all over the place, shredding in the tank, unraveling and really gunked up after a few hrs of use. The new replacement wicks have been exactly the same although not shredding as much, but all other issues the same. HHHmmmmm......

I honestly figured this is why some people just really didn't like these! I was hoping the Mini's would be better but possibly not if the wicks come from the same place. I still plan to try them soon with high hopes. Guess I need to do a little more research when I get some time. Thx for your help Swer... please feel free to share any more info or ideas u may have! A certain cat suggested I talk to you for your technical knowledge and overall vaping experience.

Swer3397

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2012
South Texas
The 1st ones I got were in early October I believe, and just got new wick heads last wk. Wow... you've done all that to them? I can't imagine... It literally took just getting them damp and they were falling to pieces and shredding strings in my hands and there was a string floating in the very first tank use. I just figured that's what they did and people didn't talk about it. It happened to all of the wicks that I ordered... 2 Nova tanks and each came with 3 different ohm levels. I ended up using all 6 of them with a few days and they were all the same. Shredding all over the place, shredding in the tank, unraveling and really gunked up after a few hrs of use. The new replacement wicks have been exactly the same although not shredding as much, but all other issues the same. HHHmmmmm......

I honestly figured this is why some people just really didn't like these! I was hoping the Mini's would be better but possibly not if the wicks come from the same place. I still plan to try them soon with high hopes. Guess I need to do a little more research when I get some time. Thx for your help Swer... please feel free to share any more info or ideas u may have! A certain cat suggested I talk to you for your technical knowledge and overall vaping experience.

Yeah, this could be a reason, although the most common complaint about the Vivi's is a dilution of flavor factor, which will always be an issue with the current wicking material. I have found it too and use my Vivi's mainly for testing juices or backups, having since moved onto a carto-in-tank setup. That said, replacing them with cotton wicks seems to fix the issue but they will never be sold commerically as they are a fire hazard and have to be watched. Our very own Water4choc has rewicked them with cotton successfully and has only good things to say about it. But I do love the Vivi's because they are a clear evolution of the rickety Vision EGO/Stardust tanks. I have yet to have them leak. They can flood occasionally but they never leak for me.

Where did you get them btw? And are they long or short wicks? This would determine your version. Black Vivi box and all the trimmings? I would consider requesting a refund from vendor if I were you. If I have an issue like that I usually get on the phone and talk to the vendor personally and have yet to have a problem go unresolved. The majority of the Ecig vendors are cool people, just looking to make an honest living. I know the higher Vivi OHMS have wicks that are untwisted and frilled, usually. The old ones of mine start looking a little frayed after a time but they never come apart and I could still use them right now if I wanted with no issue other than a more muted flavor than that of a brand new one.

Sorry you're having difficulty, I think we all know how annoying it can be when your setup doesn't work out depite our best intentions. Keep us posted on how it goes. Oh and btw, yes if you crank Pillow Dreams up to anything past 3.6 on the Twist you've instantly experienced burned marshmellows! I did it and almost died.

DesertHogRider

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
Southern Arizona, USA
This seems like the perfect thread for why I am here.....

I believe that I have developed PG issues so I placed a sample order of VV's 100% VG juices to give them a try. Currently I buy e-juice local so I can taste, try & customize.

When we were introduced to Visions Clearomizers I experienced the same frustrations...Hubby uses wintergreen juice & his would last him a month. I used winston juice & I was lucky to get a few days out my Visions. After much complaints & getting the store staff to do some experiments they felt it was the darker juices & cinnamons.

The V3 with the changeable heads was a major break through for me. Toss the wick for a $1.50 vs tossing a clearomizer for $6.50! I can even clean the V3 wicks several times (91% Isopropyl alcohol) before replacing them all together. Now my local shop has dumped them for the ViVi Nova....I haven't made that switch yet which leads to my question....

VV's juice at 100% vg.....I have heard 100% vg destroys equipment (atomizers, clearomizers) but you folks are mentioning cleaning so I hope that is the case. Also that vg eliminates "throat hit" & that the "sweet" really interferes with flavor. Thoughts?

Our local shops does "splash" (extra flavor) for 50 cents. Are VV's flavors strong & delicious? Thinking about the 50 cents...why should I need it. shouldn't it be good enough as is? LOL

Thanks...VV's gets rave reviews so I am looking forward to trying it!

Swer3397

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2012
South Texas
This seems like the perfect thread for why I am here.....

I believe that I have developed PG issues so I placed a sample order of VV's 100% VG juices to give them a try. Currently I buy e-juice local so I can taste, try & customize.

When we were introduced to Visions Clearomizers I experienced the same frustrations...Hubby uses wintergreen juice & his would last him a month. I used winston juice & I was lucky to get a few days out my Visions. After much complaints & getting the store staff to do some experiments they felt it was the darker juices & cinnamons.

The V3 with the changeable heads was a major break through for me. Toss the wick for a $1.50 vs tossing a clearomizer for $6.50! I can even clean the V3 wicks several times (91% Isopropyl alcohol) before replacing them all together. Now my local shop has dumped them for the ViVi Nova....I haven't made that switch yet which leads to my question....

VV's juice at 100% vg.....I have heard 100% vg destroys equipment (atomizers, clearomizers) but you folks are mentioning cleaning so I hope that is the case. Also that vg eliminates "throat hit" & that the "sweet" really interferes with flavor. Thoughts?

Our local shops does "splash" (extra flavor) for 50 cents. Are VV's flavors strong & delicious? Thinking about the 50 cents...why should I need it. shouldn't it be good enough as is? LOL

Thanks...VV's gets rave reviews so I am looking forward to trying it!

Hi Desert. I am assuming by V3 you are referring to the new Vision Egos with the interchangeable heads. Yes, please consider graduating to the Vivi Nova as the heads are the same price and the tank is bigger and more airtight and it is the next step up for someone who wants a wick setup but none of the issues. This is likely why yout store just switched to it. They are so easy to clean and maintain and they do not leak like the Vision Egos. Then, when no-one is around throw your old Stardust out the window. :evil:

Virgin Vapor does both PG & VG. If it is anything other than 50/50 just put it in the notes when you order and our Annette will make it for you. I just got some last week and it is awesome.

But VG has no issues with equipment vs PG that I have found. The only flavors that can do damage to the plastic are extrememly strong flavors which are notorious for damaging plastic tanks. That said, the Vivi Nova will not break or crack like the 1st Gen Vision Egos when using such flavors, but they may mark or permanently fog up your tanks plastic. I have had one flavor do this only (Spearmint, who knew?) and I have successfully used both lemon and orange citrus flavors with no issues.

DesertHogRider

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
Southern Arizona, USA
Thanks SWER...yes the Visions with the changeable heads :) The store calls them V3's...they are getting rid of them claiming that they are shorting out batteries. I have used them on 650, 900 & variable with ZERO issue's.

I do like the look of the ViVi Nova & will make the switch but not with the local store...I'm stubbon....they decide to switch stuff up & I am always having to buy new set up's :mad:

Hubby absolutely loves the Stardust so I'll toss them his way instead :2c:
Thanks Again

TamJeff

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
United States
The 1st ones I got were in early October I believe, and just got new wick heads last wk.

I have had almost the identical experience you have had with the Vivi. When it's all said and done, it's still a coil wrapped around a string and that saying about putting lipstick on a pig comes to mind. The only real advantage to the Vivi I can conjure up is it is rebuildable and you can even rebuild the wire coil part. The other issue with the Vivi is the air flow, at least on the ones I have gotten. The Vision Deux is the same principle with that inescapable wick within a coil thing, just with better airflow. Personally, I am not to fall for another string coil setup, regardless of what the tank does, or doesn't do. There isn't much to them, and by now they could have been improved to perfection if not for the type of this system's limitations.

I have to agree with LouP about the CE3's possibly being the best of this type, at least the bottom fed version, and not because of any magical string/coil. . .but because it is bottom fed which does alot for alleviating dry hits and subsequent premature carbon buildup on the coil. That and sufficient air (draw) flow, which not only helps keeping the coil slightly cooler, but that we don't draw on the thing for 10 seconds every hit. If you cut the draft time in half, the coil should last twice as long.

I choose the cartos that I use mainly because of the draw. I don't want to hit something for 10 seconds. I want to hit it average (about 3-5 secs) like an analog. I'm watching reviews on youtube and I see these guys hitting things like a .... and then letting out a decent cloud. Well, I would hope there be a cloud after hitting something that long.

I actually get more flavor out of the smok tec LR cartos like Annette now carries than I do any of the string-a-ling thingies and they always work, and each one lasts 2 full days and into the third if I am lazy. I am now into my 4th, 3 pack deal of these and if they never get any better than these, I will be ok with it.

SunshyneGurl

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2012
Florida
I have had almost the identical experience you have had with the Vivi.

I actually get more flavor out of the smok tec LR cartos like Annette now carries than I do any of the string-a-ling thingies and they always work, and each one lasts 2 full days and into the third if I am lazy. I am now into my 4th, 3 pack deal of these and if they never get any better than these, I will be ok with it.

Where did you get your Vivi Nova's? Just curious...

I just order a pk of the Smok Tech LR single coil so I can compare them to the Boges. Had the dual coil before Annette got the single's in and I really didn't like them at all! I hear the single coils are much better!

TamJeff

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
United States
Where did you get your Vivi Nova's? Just curious...

I just order a pk of the Smok Tech LR single coil so I can compare them to the Boges. Had the dual coil before Annette got the single's in and I really didn't like them at all! I hear the single coils are much better!

I actually have gotten the vivi nova from 2 places and a generic version. The last one I got was version 2 or something like that. It was a hit and miss item. Like, if it starts hitting good, don't put it down because it may not work the same again. I had to enlarge the air hole finally to get it to work better.

Oddly enough, I wasn't a huge fan of the boges with 100% VG juices. I was getting a day of decent performance from them. I have had better luck with both the smok tech stuff and kanger, believe it or not. I know it's mostly just me, and half of it has to do with me liking the flavor of the juices I have chosen with cartos. If they were more flavorful in another device, it would be too much, if that makes any sense. That, and I have to fiddle with stuff for a day job. To have to do it just for vaping after the fact. . .

I do have tanks/clearos I have liked and keep on hand because I would use them if I had to, but there has to be a user friendly, utility device that is consistent, and somewhat robust enough for 100% VG.

The smoke tech cartos sometimes need a few break in puffs is about all I can think of negative. They hold about 55-60 drops of 100% VG. I am using one (2nd day) now on a all day used KGO and it's still hitting like a champ.

I should also add that I use non-regulated, ego type devices. This, in combination with 100% VG and the flavors I like, could have everything to do with why string type clearomizers aren't ideal for my habit.

SunshyneGurl

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2012
Florida
Oddly enough, I wasn't a huge fan of the boges with 100% VG juices. I was getting a day of decent performance from them.

Ya know... I hated them too till I was given a different way to fill them, and wow... the world became brighter!!! Well... ok so maybe not brighter but my Boges and Smok Tech's are lasting soooo much longer - several days of chain vaping! I also only vape 100% pure VG. Virgin Vapor juices will really change the way you feel about 100%VG and they're amazing! Yaayyyy!

* Take the silicone end caps the cartos are pkgd with (one on each end), remove the white cover thingy (toss)
* Fill one of the end caps (I use the shorter one) with several drops of your juice (I fill it just shy of halfway - it will take more for a new carto)
* Next, carefully push your carto (threaded end down) into the silicone end cap filled w/juice.
Voila... The threaded end magically (hee hee) sucks up the juice from the bottom! :thumb:
* Then, just slowly top it off a few drops at a time (from the top) and slowly rotate or carefully set it on it's side for a min or two, and keep rotating and adding a few drops till it just barely gets slushy on top.
* Put your drip tip on and your almost ready!
* Take a paper towel and lightly blow a few times to get it cleared and then put it on your battery and guess what... I swear you're gonna love doing it this way because IMO they last so much longer (at least a few days for each one).

I actually have the juice bottles I'm using lined up with the end cap next to them and actually have different ones filling at different times! It looks hilarious having the lined up cartos sticking up out of the end caps, but surprisingly works and I'm a convert as far as the cartos go! It's Obvious there are way better directions out there and you've probably heard them before but seriously.... give this a chance!

I do have tanks/clearos I have liked and keep on hand because I would use them if I had to, but there has to be a user friendly, utility device that is consistent, and somewhat robust enough for 100% VG.
I couldn't agree more!!! It was never difficult smoking analogs... not that I would ever go back... I just wish this was more user friendly and less wasteful of our juices. The Virgin Vapor Organic juices are far too good to waste!! I'm glad I started out with the best and didn't have to spend tons of time and cash till I got lucky and found them.

The smoke tech cartos sometimes need a few break in puffs is about all I can think of negative. They hold about 55-60 drops of 100% VG. I am using one (2nd day) now on a all day used KGO and it's still hitting like a champ.
I found the Smok Tech dual coils take quite a few break in puffs... so after filling by the condom method (crazily described above :laugh:) I just basically spray it into the air for about 10 seconds at a time for about 2-3 min. It really wastes a lot of my juice but if I didn't figure out to do it this way I'd constantly have migraines. Whatever is in the wicking material is not good for inhaling initially. Also decided to use a juice that's not one of my favorites (but won't taste horrible mixed with whatever good flavor I plan to put in it) to do the initial breaking in. I'll get my single coils in vapemail soon and I'm excited because I've heard they're so much better!

Hopefully we'll find out if the Vivi Novas we've purchased are the clones that I've heard are in the marketplace and we could try the "real" Vivi Novas!!! I've read that some chain vapers have used the same VN wick for over a mth. Can you believe that? Haven't had one last a full day. It's not the fault of the juice though... it's the VN.

Seriously... can't someone design the perfect non leaking, non wasteful components? How about creative, cool cases to put our supplies in as well? Shouldn't be too much to ask. I keep comparing this to how easy smoking was and I guess I really need to change my frame of mind... in all reality this is NOT smoking and is a completely different thing all together... with much better flavors and safer too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread