cleaning copper mod? (Kaboom, ketchup, hot sauce etc...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnis12

Jul 23, 2014
Louisiana
My 4nine gets a dirty penny patina from being in my pocket at work and I want a quick way to polish it to look like new. Has anyone tried Kaboom bathroom cleaner? I've used ketchup and it works OK but its still dull. I used white toothpaste this morning but it was very time consuming. I've been using the Google machine and most everything I read said Kaboom works really well but one person said it almost dissolved his old copper coins. Anyone have any luck with using it on a mod? Would it cause pitting? I'd hate to destroy it, but I also want a really quick way I can clean it every other day or so. received_m_mid_1407632832444_6f0b3b641c25e3b964_0.jpg

tayone415

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2013
CA
My 4nine gets a dirty penny patina from being in my pocket at work and I want a quick way to polish it to look like new. Has anyone tried Kaboom bathroom cleaner? I've used ketchup and it works OK but its still dull. I used white toothpaste this morning but it was very time consuming. I've been using the Google machine and most everything I read said Kaboom works really well but one person said it almost dissolved his old copper coins. Anyone have any luck with using it on a mod? Would it cause pitting? I'd hate to destroy it, but I also want a really quick way I can clean it every other day or so. View attachment 364508

Never-dull or blue magic is used a lot, but polishing copper can get you a pink mod like a new penny and some mods endup with surface scratches after polishing from the abrasiveness even the light abrasives.

Do NOT use Brasso

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now

Minnis12

Jul 23, 2014
Louisiana
Did you ever consider clear wrapping your mod? I had one of my mods before wrapped by a local B&M. It was made by I think the same company in the link.

FYI: This link is just to give an example, I've never ordered from this site and can't recommend or say anything negative about it.

Click Here for all Clear Wraps

I wasn't aware they made the wraps for mechs. None the less clear! I may have to look into that. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread