Clearomizer and Auto Battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It took me a long time to move up from a mini e-cig to an Ego battery because I prefer automatics. Well, I finally found a supplier for auto Egos. I got a couple and love them. Then I started researching clearomizers and tanks. I like the Vivi nano on my 510 clone, so I looked for a clearo that would fit my new Ego batteries. After many hours on the internet, I decided on the Ismoka Mini BCC. It is reputed to be a good performer and it looks good and feels right in my hand - it is the same diameter as the Ego battery, and it is smooth and streamlined. I bought two, one for each of my Egos.

The damned things don't work! They work great on a manual battery, but they won't work on the auto batts. I am extremely disappointed and frustrated, and also very confused. Why don't they work on an auto when they work just fine on a manual? Is there anything I can do to make them work? Other than switch to a manual battery - I have to use an automatic. If not, do you have suggestions for a clearomizer that will work?

Thank you,
~A

LazyBulldogge

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2013
Kalundborg, Denmark
Hmm, I have no experience with either part of your setup, so my suggestion is purely guessing, but:
Try pulling the positive pin on the coil of the clearomizer, just a little bit, like 1 mm max. Too much and it'll pop out and your coil is pretty much a goner.
But it's an easy thing to try, hoping that it's just a matter of the clearomizer not making contact to the positive pin of the battery :)

Shootist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Decatur, GA, USA
The auto batteries work on a Pressure switch system so if the tanks you got don't reduce the pressure at the connection point to the battery the battery will never turn on.

With Cartomizers there is a hole straight through it right to where is connects to, makes contact to, the battery. When you draw on it it lowers the pressure at/around the connection point which in turn make the battery come on. There are a few 510 thread clearos that draw air straight through the coil connection point. A few that come to mind are the Aspire brand that have the standard BDC system. The Vivi Nova-s is one. Also maybe some of the eGo thread clearomizers may work also. As long as when you draw air through it the pressure is lowered around the battery connection point.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Oh I think I know whats going on.

The ismoka mini bcc is an ego thread with holes on the outside, so when you draw on the mouthpiece, most of the airflow comes through the sides and not through the battery;

block the airholes on the ismoka and the air will have to come through the battery.

ismoka-mini-bcc-bottom-coil-clearomizer_wm.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread