Cleito tank leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyshnek

Jun 23, 2016
Hi, I have a cleito tank that I've been using with my Target VTC and it has been leaking out of the bottom airflows pretty frequently. I've tried the trick where you blow through the drip tip with the airflow wide open, and after repeating that like 10 times, I still get some juice on the tissue that I use to cover the holes. I know I didn't put too much juice into the coil when I primed it, but I'm using 50/50 e juice and am wondering if that might be the problem. Any help is welcome, thanks.

ph0ng

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2016
www.huffandpuffers.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company / Unregistered Supplier

impostor71

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Naperville, IL
I've used 50/50 juice in my Cleito tank and haven't had any leaking from the seals. The only time that I had juice coming out of the air holes was when I was trying to be cool like the youtube guys who blow out before inhaling. Doing that a few days caused juice to leak from the air holes. Once I stopped doing it, I never saw the issue again.

Firecrow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I think I have gotten to the bottom of the leak issue (for me).

Once you're sure you've got a good seal at the top and it can maintain vacuum, the problem appears to be the center pin.

In a brand new coil, the center pin at the bottom has a reasonably tight good center post. I've noticed as I've vaped it the heat from the coil affects the gasket between the center pin and the body of the coil assembly and the center pin become looser and the juice begins to get between the gasket and the center pin.

The advice to go to a thick juice helps but it just slows the process. Over time the gasket fails from repeated heating juice makes its way down between the gasket and the center pin. I've not seen anyone post this problem anywhere so far, and as far as I can tell, there is no solution so far - its inherent in the design of the replacement coil itself. I've observed this behaviour on all the coils I've bought, its not just one type of coil or batch.

Its ashame because its a great system if they could solve that one problem. I get about 5 days at between 10 and 14w before the leaking becomes an issue and if I clean up and ignore it, it progressively gets worse. I've tried removing the centerpost and cleaning everything and reseating it and it works a little longer but will go back to leaking as the process of the juice making its way down between the gasket and the coil body begins again.

I think they have to change to a more heat resistant gasket material and make the center pin a slightly wider diameter to solve this. There is no reason for the center pin to ever be removed so I don't know why they just don't press fit it with a better material than this cheap rubber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread