Clogging EJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaratoughda

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
NE Pennsylvania
Having been vaping a year, IMO this is the #1 concern for all vapers (no?).

I have seen horror stories out there and have had my experiences as well. The difference in my experience, is I was doing 'direct to wick' dripping on Blu/Volcano attys and then ultimately on Joye 306es and, on the Blu/Volcano attys I was getting clogging with certain EJ and tried all sorts of cleaning techniques which didn't work very good but... utlimately decided to put these attys under a strong light and... 10x magnification and see what the heck was going on.

And what I found, depending on the EJ, there is what vapes and then there is what does not vape. And what tends to happen, is what doesn't vape, starts forming a SCAB over the coil. Once this happens, you don't get much heat and not much vaper... in other words, the atty is clogged, and almost impossible to get rid of these scabs once they form.

I then got myself a 5V passthrough, really loved vaping at 'medium wattage' now but, had some attys start to pop on me and, put them under the 10x magnification and, sure enough, scabs had formed on the attys that popped. So, in this case, the amount of heat when using the PT was enough to burn out the coil once the scab formed.

So, to me, the *ONLY* way to deal with this situation, was to BAN all EJ that clogs, to cartomizers (I am using the Boge 306 2.0 ohm cartomizers). This includes 'Chino, Pennut Butter Cup and others from PureSmoker and Cafe Mocha, TV Cherry Cola, tobacco Menthol and others from Tasty Vapor.

On the cartomizers, I still get clogging from these EJ but, I just ram my all purpose tool, a medium sized paper clip, up there and 'un-clog' them. I usually use a 6 ounce bottle on a cartomizer and then throw it out. The EJ I mentioned above, usually needs to be 'declogged' a couple of times over the 6 ounces.

But, I recently got some drip tips and seem to be heading back to dripping, except now with drip tips and EGO and Cisco/306 attys but.... the question is... does ANYBODY know any way you can get these thicker EJ to vape with dripping without clogging (like, going to lower resistance atomizers.. and thus higher wattage... or maybe the Ikenvape atty, or maybe the Ciscos... or anything), or should clogging EJ be banned to cartomizers for life??

Thanks in advance for any help!

Zaratoughda

P.S. Then of course, there is the EJ that does not clog AT ALL. This includes Silver Leaf Menthol and Firecracker from PureSmoker, and Black Licorice (I think) from Tasty Vapor. On these, I can go as much as 6 months even with heavy usage and not get any clogging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread