Cloud chaser

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapePro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2018
Im a flavor chaser.

Clouds are just a sport unless you like changing or charging your batteries 5 times more frequently.

But if I were to chase clouds. I would first buy a TUBE mechanical mod with METAL and vents the go out the bottom. If a an advanced mod vents in your hand thats going to hurts.

So dual coils or more and and 300 watts.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Im a flavor chaser.

Clouds are just a sport unless you like changing or charging your batteries 5 times more frequently.

But if I were to chase clouds. I would first buy a TUBE mechanical mod with METAL and vents the go out the bottom. If a an advanced mod vents in your hand thats going to hurts.

So dual coils or more and and 300 watts.
This seems extreme to me. I get great flavor and more cloud than I want with a much less extreme setup. Cloud chasing the sport is normally done with unflavored 0nic 100%vg juice, and the the aforementioned mech or giant mod setup.
If What you want to do is DL vape though a two battery mod and any of a number of sub ohm attys should do you fine.
Myself I am generally a DL vaper and atm I am vaping a solomon2 with the included stock coil @ .16ohm on an ageis legend

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
I run an Aromamizer Plus rta with dual twisted coils made with a 26, 28, and .8 x .1 flat wire twisted together, kanthal, .25 ohms, at 75ish watts. Great flavor, huge clouds.
"Cloud chasing" does not require a mech mod and 300 watts....
I used to run a velocity clone with dual twisted 24g, .22 ohm, at 120 watts and it was less cloud production than I get now.
Regulated dual 18650 mods. So much easier to deal with than a mech...

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Voopoo drag with a wotofo bravo rta. Dual clapton coils at .21 ohms, 70w max vg diy juice. By max vg, i mean the nic and flavors have the pg as their base and after i put these in the bottle, i top it off with vg. Never measure my vg. I get awesome flavor and clouds like this.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well welcome I have no opinion other than "Not for me-- but have fun (safely)."

Also there can be just a tendency to go to the max. I find vaping (at whatever wattage) to have a certain amount of nuance to it, so you may be happy with slightly less cloud but more flavor and etc. I don't know.

Welcome.

Anna

Emmit Gullion

Oct 3, 2018
Just curious, why did you start vaping?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I wanted to stop smoking, and I couldn't kick the cigs. I had bought a cheaper vape and it was good for awhile. Then I had bought one that I felt was more my style. the one I'm currently using ( UWELL ironfist) its produces great flavor and the clouds are nice. But now I like creating the clouds and blowing O's. Again I'm still very new to it all. Not much knowledge of the community.

Emmit Gullion

Oct 3, 2018
Well welcome I have no opinion other than "Not for me-- but have fun (safely)."

Also there can be just a tendency to go to the max. I find vaping (at whatever wattage) to have a certain amount of nuance to it, so you may be happy with slightly less cloud but more flavor and etc. I don't know.

Welcome.

Anna
Thank you, and yeah I like the flavors too

Emmit Gullion

Oct 3, 2018
I run an Aromamizer Plus rta with dual twisted coils made with a 26, 28, and .8 x .1 flat wire twisted together, kanthal, .25 ohms, at 75ish watts. Great flavor, huge clouds.
"Cloud chasing" does not require a mech mod and 300 watts....
I used to run a velocity clone with dual twisted 24g, .22 ohm, at 120 watts and it was less cloud production than I get now.
Regulated dual 18650 mods. So much easier to deal with than a mech...
Thank you, I'll do some research on this and check it out

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm more of a flavor chaser than a cloud chaser myself. I vape to help me stay off of tobacco cigarettes. Having worked in a vape shop in the past, I'm quite familiar with the basics for cloud chasing, though.

My two cents:

To get maximum clouds, you'll need a high wattage battery device, high amp batteries (30 amps continuous discharge rate), a direct-to-lung juice attachment with maximum air flow, sub-ohm coils, high Vg e-liquid, a thorough understanding of Ohm's and/or Watt's Law, and a large lung capacity.

If you are a beginner vaper, I recommend a high wattage (ie 200 watts) dual battery regulated mod. Use the highest amp batteries available, such as the Samsung 18650-20S 2000mah 30 amp CDR
567575-254dcc9f3000323cb489ab10e8b02d13.jpg
I haven't stayed current for the latest cloud chasing RDA's, so I can't help you with that.

If you are relatively experienced with mechanical mods, I recommend to avoid a single battery tube mech and go with a dual battery box mech for safety reasons. Become familiar with how to do Ohm's Law calculations and which batteries are safest to use for extreme sub-ohm coil builds.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
My idea of cloud chasing is only medium clouds. I do it with an Aspire quad flex atomizer (decent but not designed for clouds) on either a squonk mod or regulated 2 x 18650 mod.
The only thing missing from my collection is a dual battery mech squonker. (I do believe that is true...) I could do with one and it should be a cheap purchase.

Goes off to look. :danger:

Any ideas, anyone? @Baditude

I generally mix with more PG these days so clouds are going to be less. I once vaped 100% PG at 100w. Not much cloud. :lol:

Reactions: stols001

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
If you want clouds, go on to ebay, get a soi subzero x clone with rda about $30. Don't even mess with using the tube yet, go for a high watt box mod. The rda will give you more than enough airflow for cloud builds, it's 25mm.

In fact the clone is so good it made me actually decide to order a real SOI shorty (blem) and 22mm rda. I've used mechs for ages and cannot recommend one for a beginner but the kit is cheap and the rda is worth $30. Then learn about batteries and safety, you have a decent tube to try.

BeginnerOfVaping

May 23, 2018
Hello, I was just checking to see everyone's opinions on good vapes or RDA'S or such tell me your favorite set ups for get clouds
Hey,
Well I'm running Dual Alien claptons @ .16ohms 80W on the Geekvape Zeus Dual RTA & SMOK Alien 220W with the VTC4's.... Playing it safe! And the cloud production is just amazing, not to mention I don't have to drip all the time... But I also ordered the DROP RDA, should be good. But I do have to mention, the wicking on the Zeus is really hard, not too much, not too less.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread