Coil build for IPV Mini2

Status
Not open for further replies.

astronomicals

Feb 5, 2015
coil.jpg

Does that look about right? If you cant see its a 30AWG kanthal, quad coil, 3.175 ID, 8 wraps, 0.7ohm.

Based off these numbers. Guessed 20A limit since I couldn't find that spec.
mod.jpg

I read that 1.3-1.6 is what I should be going for, but, that contradicts this so called "sweet spot". I really have no desire for quad coils, but, I used them in this configuration to get my desired resistance while having a proper heat flux. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
A big dripper clone and doge clone from fasttech. Ones an RDTA and the other an RDA (you probably know this). Also waiting on a HOTCIG Kayfun clone.

Whats your build specs?

The .9 ohm build in my Lemo is a 26 gauge, 2.4 mm 8 wrap microcoil.

I have a Ehpro Pontus (similar to the Big Dripper) and multiple RDA's (Mutation X, Plume Veil, Patriot, Trident V2, Caterpillar and Igo W4).

I've got two Kayfun Lite's, they are easy to build and great for flavor but the airflow is wicked tight. What version Kayfun are you getting? 3.1? Lite? V4? If you like the kayfun but want more airflow check out a Lemo!

astronomicals

Feb 5, 2015
The .9 ohm build in my Lemo is a 26 gauge, 2.4 mm 8 wrap microcoil.

It looks like I can mimic the heat flux you had with a dual coil, 30AWG, 7 wrap, 2mm (at 18 watts with a faster firing time). I guess I'll just make some coils to perform optimally at various wattages and see what I like best. Im set on 30 AWG cuz thats what I bought and I feel no need to buy a ton of gauges before playing with what I've got.

Maybe I should cancel the KayFun V4 (HOTCIG) and get a the Lemo drop instead. I do prefer good air flow. Ultimately, I want the best flavor and draw.

Thanks for helping me out.

astronomicals

Feb 5, 2015
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0k61teml6zprjbh/coil26.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xbssheks4zno60/coil30.JPG?dl=0

There's what I'm going to start with. A dual and a quad coil probably at the upper end of mw/mm that I should be going for. I'll make a few sets of coils trying to maintain similar specs while dropping the mw/mm (by upping ohms) which should enable me to use more wire and up my surface area. I figure that sounds like a decent approach. Bumping my resistance up in increments of 0.1ohms should land me at 160 mw/mm at 0.9ohms , so, I only need to make 8 sets of wires, or, 24 coils. Hopefully these coils are easy to make. Its looks pretty simple to me. Try wrapping a double helix 1/4 condenser coil and any other coil looks like cake. Anyhow, wire should arrive soon and attys a few days after. Should have coils ready when attys arrive. Just ultrasonic them and put em together. Ill be using shiseido cotton for wicking.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
It's all trial and error with rebuildables. What works great in one, sucks in another. Don't overthink it and just have fun. Ours is a quest for flavor, throat hit and vapor!

I don't know what a "double helix condenser coil" is but 30 gauge is pretty springy it will probably give you a run for your money even if you torch it. Keep in mind you can always twist 2 or 3 strands of 30 gauge together to get some thicker, easier to work with wire.

.6 ohm, 3 mm, 5 wrap twisted 30 gauge
9d0bc17757106eba6309af516d38557c.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread