Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahomey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Illinois
Hi,

A friend gave me a used smok G80 starter kit. I like the look and feel of the Aspire tank that came with it! Here's the problem: I've been searching for replacement coils for it and every single vendor is out of stock. I'm wondering if I can use a different coil that would be compatible with the G80?

The kit originally came with (1) 0.6ohm and (1) 0.3ohm spirals dual core.
Thanks for any assistance you might provide.

Reactions: Superuser187

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
A friend gave me a used Smok G80 starter kit. I like the look and feel of the Aspire tank that came with it!

I'm confused by the part I underlined above. That SMOK G80 kit didn't come with an Aspire tank as an original part of the kit. Maybe your friend substituted that tank for the SMOK Spirals tank it did come with, when he/she gave it to you.

The kit originally came with (1) 0.6ohm and (1) 0.3ohm spirals dual core.

Those 2 coils are specifically for the Spirals Tank. Are you saying you've been using them in an Aspire tank though...and you can't find more of them? ;)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I've been searching for replacement coils for it and every single vendor is out of stock..............The kit originally came with (1) 0.6ohm and (1) 0.3ohm spirals dual core.

I found this US vendor so far, that has them. But they're expensive IMO, and you'd have to pay the regular S/H cost + the new added on fee for adult signature upon delivery. Their shipping policy page says they do ship to Illinois.

SMOK Spiral Coil - Pack of 5 Coils

There may be other vendors who have them though, but I haven't found them yet.

ETA: This vendor below, in the UK, has 11 boxes of the 0.3ohm and 4 boxes of the 0.6ohm, for £15.00/box + S/H.

SMOK Spirals Tank Coils – Vape It Easy

Last edited:

Dahomey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Illinois
I'm confused by the part I underlined above. That SMOK G80 kit didn't come with an Aspire tank as an original part of the kit. Maybe your friend substituted that tank for the SMOK Spirals tank it did come with, when he/she gave it to you.

Those 2 coils are specifically for the Spirals Tank. Are you saying you've been using them in an Aspire tank though...and you can't find more of them? ;)
Thank you so much for your reply :). It was my typo. It did come with a SMOK Spirals tank. I'm not al all sure why I typed Aspire. Those are indeed the coils I'm looking for.

Reactions: JCinFLA

Dahomey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Illinois
Thank you so much for your reply :). It was my typo. It did come with a SMOK Spirals tank. I'm not al all sure why I typed Aspire. Those are indeed the coils I'm looking for.

I'm not sure how you found those coils! I've been looking for several days. Maybe that's because during my search I was typing Aspire instead of "Spirals." That's an unsettling thought. At any rate, thanks again!

Reactions: JCinFLA

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Thank you so much for your reply :).

You're welcome, but I'm not finished searching yet. I may find more. :)

I'm not sure how you found those coils! I've been looking for several days. Maybe that's because during my search I was typing Aspire instead of "Spirals." That's an unsettling thought. At any rate, thanks again!

I'm just sort of like a dog with a bone when I search for something online. I don't give up until I've searched all Google results, at least. Those 2 vendors I posted weren't the easiest to find, especially since most results don't show any info about being In Stock or not. Even those who do show it...usually aren't actually correct or updated. But it's no wonder you didn't find any...when looking for Aspire ones. If it'll make that a less "unsettling" thought to you though...I can see the similarity between Aspire and Spirals. :)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Those are indeed the coils I'm looking for.

Here's 2 more :) :

Unfortunately, both are UK vendors who do not ship to the US. But, if you have a friend, relative, etc. in the UK who could order and receive the coils for you, and then ship them on to you...that would work.

This 1st vendor has the 0.3ohm in Stock, for only £6.71/box + S/H. Because of their low price, even with 2 x shipping [vendor to friend] [friend on to you]...they'd likely be less per box than the other 2 vendors above.

SMOK Spiral Tank 0.3Ω, 0.6Ω Dual Core Replacement Coils

This one has the 0.6ohm in stock for £12.99/box + S/H. If your friend, relative, etc. signed up for the vendor's email newsletters though...they'd get 15% off the order. Also, their website says shipping to mainland UK is Free for any order above £20. That would mean only paying for shipping on to you. They'd still probably be a bit more expensive than the 0.3ohm above though.

SMOK Spiral Replacement Coils

2 more UK vendors also have the 0.3ohm ones, but they only have 2 boxes or just sell them singly. So it wouldn't likely be worth the shipping cost for 2 boxes or just a few singles, to get them. I also found 2 more whose coils were much higher priced per box than any others.

• Love
Reactions: Dahomey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread