Coil interchangeability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
I have the impression from viewing various coil brands that many appear to be sourced from the same factory, smok coils look very much like Horizontech coils. I am wondering whether a coil interchangeability chart exists that would allow a greater choice of coil designs?

DarksideBreanne

Feb 16, 2019
I have the impression from viewing various coil brands that many appear to be sourced from the same factory, Smok coils look very much like Horizontech coils. I am wondering whether a coil interchangeability chart exists that would allow a greater choice of coil designs?

A chart for understanding different coils and what juices you should use for them would be great. My poor brother trying to explain salt nic and regular juice to me and me trying to understand coils I was going huh ‍♀️

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
A chart for understanding different coils and what juices you should use for them would be great. My poor brother trying to explain salt nic and regular juice to me and me trying to understand coils I was going huh ‍♀️
You can theoretically use any juice with any coil. In practice some really small coils won’t wick thicker juice very well and some larger RTAs can leak if the juice is too thin. Smaller higher ohm coils boil less juice and therefore produce less vapor. As a result they need more nic in them to make the hit the same. They also use less power though so it’s a trade off.

Low ohms (less than 1.0ohm) bigger clouds, less concentrated nic, uses more battery. High ohms (above 1.0) smaller clouds, more concentrated nic, less battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread