Coil Jig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
526-115036-h-q-precision-tips-nils-460x246-1.jpg

Save more money. Buy a box of these. They are great for cleaning your attys. When you are done, snip off the cotton on the ends and you have a disposable 2mm coil jig. :thumb:

Traijan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
USA
Honestly I think it's more for the hobby aspect for some folks. I'm not terribly coordinated by any means but wrapping some Kanthal wire around a small screwdriver or drill bit is nothing terribly difficult.

Hold the one side of the wire and simply wrap, if it's wrapped around a round object it will come out round every time and the size of the object you used to wrap it around. I've yet to build a "bad" coil and like I said, I'm not terribly coordinated, I dread at the thought of having to chew gum and walk at the same time but wrapping some thin wire around something..... Easy peasy and I imagine for most people it would be too.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
526-115036-h-q-precision-tips-nils-460x246-1.jpg

Save more money. Buy a box of these. They are great for cleaning your attys. When you are done, snip off the cotton on the ends and you have a disposable 2mm coil jig. :thumb:

I do use those in the way you describe but only to hold my coils in place as I screw them down not to wind on. I prefer something that is absolutely firm, like a drill bit or a screw driver for winding on.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Can anyone recommend a good coil jig for a new builder? I'm using premade coils now but eventually do want to start making my own. I've seen a couple on Amazon and on some other sites but all to mixed reviews. Nothing from Fasttech please. Thanks

I posted this in a thread Yesterday.

Hey Don't Worry.

The First couple of Coils I made looked Pathetic. And it Took Forever with Many Choice words. But every time I made one, it got a Little Better. And a Little Faster.

One day I saw one of these Coil Tools for like 7 Bucks and I said WTH. 7 Bucks isn't going to kill me if it is Junk.

2129702-1.jpg

$6.88 Universal Tools Wire Coiling Tool w/ Phillips & Slotted & Hex Key Screwdriver Bits - blue / 3.5mm + 3.0mm + 2.5mm + 2.0mm winding rods at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Darn thing works Great. And it is nice that it comes in a Box so all the Mandrels don't get lost.

Building Coils isn't all that Bad. But it takes a Little Practice. And having a Good Tool never hurt when doing Any Job.

Reactions: Hans Wermhat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread