Coil or RDA issue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
SonnyCooL, I've tried looking for how to get your DR apart. But there's no information available, closest I found was a YouTube vid where they removed the squonk pin and couldn't seem to get the positive terminal out. They thought that the press fitted insulator may have prevented them getting it out.

If you do manage to get it apart it may well be a good idea to post how you did it.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
@SonnyCooL

Sounds like you either have a piece of metal causing a short or the insulator is damaged in which case you will need to replace the atomizer. Are you trimming the leads of your coils after installation?

I would remove the atomizer from your device, remove the coils and give the atomizer a good wash with warm water and perhaps scrub with a tooth brush. If there is any debris that is causing a short hopefully a good wash and scrub will dislodge it.

Once the atomizer is dry, screw it onto your mod without installing new coils. If the insulator is damaged your mod should display the “Short” error to which you should replace the atomizer.

If there was debris causing a short that was freed during the wash your mod should display a “No Atomizer” error in which case, you can re-install the coils and should be good to go. Make sure the leads of your coils are not touching the deck from below the posts. And ensure you remove any trimmings.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
The best way to fix any of the Dead Rabbit atomizers is to set it on a solid stable service and hit it real hard with a big hammer preferably more than once. Use a broom and dust pan to pick up the pieces and throw them in the garbage where they belong. Problem solved.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
The best way to fix any of the Dead Rabbit atomizers is to set it on a solid stable service and hit it real hard with a big hammer preferably more than once. Use a broom and dust pan to pick up the pieces and throw them in the garbage where they belong. Problem solved.
i have DR, drop Dead, DR SQ, only SQ cause problem ... sad

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
i have DR, drop Dead, DR SQ, only SQ cause problem ... sad
I'm sorry you wasted all that money on garbage. I know it's just my opinion but I have ALOT of atomizers, mods and other vape supplies. I am a horder and don't give anything. I'll buy something if I like it to give away. The only POS i hated so much I couldn't even stand looking at it so I gave it away was my Dead Rabbit. The guy I gave it to didn't have an RDA. He liked it. I got a TM24 PRO that I really liked. I bought a couple of TM24 PRO cl9nes to compare to the authentic and to give away. I gave him one of those. He can't stand the DR now after he tried and is still using a good RDA. The DR has a nice deck but the airflow design is horrible to say the least. Under a vacuum, airflow cannot go down and then up. If you go against the design of the DR and raise the coils above the airflow it can work but it then has other annoying problems. It might just be how I like to vape but in my opinion all the DR attys are crap.

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2014
Somewhere in mid - AL, USA
@SonnyCooL

Sounds like you either have a piece of metal causing a short or the insulator is damaged in which case you will need to replace the atomizer. Are you trimming the leads of your coils after installation?

I would remove the atomizer from your device, remove the coils and give the atomizer a good wash with warm water and perhaps scrub with a tooth brush. If there is any debris that is causing a short hopefully a good wash and scrub will dislodge it.

Once the atomizer is dry, screw it onto your mod without installing new coils. If the insulator is damaged your mod should display the “Short” error to which you should replace the atomizer.

If there was debris causing a short that was freed during the wash your mod should display a “No Atomizer” error in which case, you can re-install the coils and should be good to go. Make sure the leads of your coils are not touching the deck from below the posts. And ensure you remove any trimmings.

Ultimate answer is this one! More than likely av tiny piece of wire in the atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread