Cold e-liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
You should be fine, Rainbowz. I was out snowboarding today with a bunch of prefilled carts and my eGo/Tornado, didn't notice any issues. Actually, the cold may have increased the viscocity of the juice so that leaking was less of a problem and it vaped slower...didn't change the cart the whole time. Additionally, PG has a rather low freezing temperature which should help. Saw some people post that putting their juices in the fridge was bad for them, don't know why that would be - but means I should be careful and state that purposefully keeping juice at low temperatures may be a bad idea. Hope it vaped just fine :)

Scott EE

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Virginia USA
I read a thread about storing juice for long periods of time on this forum. Basically the enemies of juice are heat, air, sunlight/UV and water. Allowing it to rise to room temp is a good idea if you have a large quantity you intend of store for awhile so you don't get water condensation inside the bottle when you open it at cold temps.

If all you got was smaller amounts you will use in the coming months I wouldn't worry too much. From what I read here the stuff is good for two years if stored cool and dry place out of sunlight.

Rainbowz

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Oregon, USA
Thank you everyone. I only got 2 15 ml bottles of different liquids, and some straight nic and one flavoring, so not likely long term, I'm on a budget and couldn't order a large quantity.

Scott EE, you say water is an an enemy of juice, but I thought adding water to DIY juices helped thin the VG. Does that degrade it somehow? Should I not add water if DIY? I am planning on making my first DIY tomorrow.

Thank you.

Scott EE

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Virginia USA
Thank you everyone. I only got 2 15 ml bottles of different liquids, and some straight nic and one flavoring, so not likely long term, I'm on a budget and couldn't order a large quantity.

Scott EE, you say water is an an enemy of juice, but I thought adding water to DIY juices helped thin the VG. Does that degrade it somehow? Should I not add water if DIY? I am planning on making my first DIY tomorrow.

Thank you.

Take a look at this thread where a member had juices go "rancid" after 3 months in a fridge due to moisture. I think when people DIY mix with distilled water their daily vaping stuff they typically use it up within a month.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/27348-freezing-juice-2.html

another good thread see page 6 for Kurt's response

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/26959-what-best-way-store-e-liquids-6.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread