• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Come back ya Big Hairy,Krazzzy Polarbear !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAPOINSANO

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2010
Vapin'Hard Mang*<|;)
vapo's top ten...

1st off in my bookz,
Switched is a Canadian vaping Icon !:toast:

2nd,
he alwayz had sumfin to say
that was intelligent+thought provoking :facepalm:

3rd,
we need all the vaporz we can period...:):):)

4th
polar bear avi's "rock tha shiznick" man!:laugh:
(mind you the monkey 1's reminded me of some peepz+how close darwin "was"! :lol:remember he recanted on his deathbed folks!:laugh:

5th
almost 5400 posts in 14.5 mnths WOW!:evil: u guyz do the math!...

6th,
switched if your reading this ,
you have a lot of friendz and fans here ...:closedeyes::?::p:blink::):confused::2cool::blush:
plus a reputation to maintain and oblige!

7th
please reconsider,
if not this second,
take a bit and know your appreciated+welcome here,
all day+nite long brudda!:D

8th
you cant have a rachelcoffe w/o a switched!:banana:or vice/versa!

9th
where you gonna go big guy?:)mexico!:lol:

and finally my personal fav,
if you do decide not to come back!
i will always have"YOMIL"....:(:lol: thank-you..

:vapor::vapor::vapor:vapehardvaporz :vapor::vapor::vapor:

alwayz my nickel....:p

Last edited:

VAPOINSANO

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2010
Vapin'Hard Mang*<|;)
I always hate to see established members leave forums because of heated arguments.
I'm not sure if 'Moved On' equates to 'Banned' on these forums, but if not, I hope he returns.

in my short time here+not knowing Switched that well
other than posts+many forum members accolades:)

i did see danesandpits,
go from "moved on" back to a member recently:)
you go girl:toast:

so,
bubba's your uncle!:laugh:

heXy

ECF Veteran
  • Feb 11, 2011
    Brampton
    I've been off the forum for a little while now. And I must say I'm shocked to read that Switched has "moved on". I learned so much from reading his posts, even before becoming a member here.

Much like Wood said, he did make me feel silly at times for some things I tossed out of my head on to the forums. But at the same time, I still learned from his knowledge.

I didn't really know him too well at all, but I'll miss reading his posts.

Hope he returns, the good knowledge is hard to find these days.

In the meantime, I wish him the best in his endeavors.

JayTheVapingGuy

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2011
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    There's a balance... we need guys who "been there and done that" to tell us that they've tried... doesn't mean that it doesn't work / wouldnt' work, just that it didn't work when they tried it... I think that the man is a wealth of information... at our vape meet, man o' man, did he ever spew so much technobabble at me that i was completely confused.

I also think the man is pretty square on his position... He doesn't have a problem arguing with anyone once he's decided what he thinks is right. i think that he can get obstinate at times and very much has the opinion that his way is the only way... but then again, i know a lot of people who feel that way about their opinions... its not neccessarilly a bad thing... I also think the man is not a 'candycoat' kinda guy... if he thinks your a ....., he'll say so... that does end up in ruffled feathers, but that's just the way he is... you don't do a full navy career and then turn around and become all soft and emotional.

Do i find that his methods are inappropriate..?? at times, sure...! But frankly, there are times that my behaviour is childish and inappropriate.... and i would be suprised to find anyone here who hasn't gotten riled up and spoken out of turn or said something they knew was going to be hurtful, just because they were frustrated or angry... does it excuse it? No, does it explain it, yes!

I believe that anyone can get along with Switched as long as you can keep in mind that the guy genuinely believes in vaping as a positive, is a salty old dog and is blunt as hell... He knows what he believes and he has no problem saying it, defending it and then shutting down an opposition thought... Frankly, where i come from, that's what you call a hell of a valuable activist... one who isn't afraid to fight for his ideals and beliefs.... will he fight stupid fights with anyone... hell yeah, but so would i and half the other people here... but then again, what kind of an activist would he be if he didn't argue his points and show you how wrong your points are... sometimes we all resort to namecalling... it happens... its not right but it does happen from time to time.

naw... let him take some time to himself, he'll be back, he knows he's too valuable here...

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 14, 2009
    Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
    I don't see him as such an argumentative type of person myself, but more the wealth of good information type who would reach out to help anyone that needed help. His writing skills and reviews where also over the top. From my understanding there was a disagreement with someone else in the Canadian forum and they closed the thread yesterday that he had started. He wasn't so happy about this, then he started another thread stating if this was a warning on banning him then go right ahead and Ban him for whatever the reason.

Either way it turns out the ECF has lost an instrumental individual in the vaping community if he isn't allowed back. I surely hope somehow they could speak with him and straighten out whatever it was that happened yesterday for we need people like Switched in this community he is one of a kind.! He also has a very cool unique Bullet PV that is coming out soon that I have had the opportunity to see and hold in my hand which is a super cool PV that is going to do very well. Hopefully once everything cools down which needs to take place we will see Switched Back :) !

wood

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    edmonton
    we all but heads at times but were all still talking and helping each other ive bumped heads with some in one thread then jumped in another thread and offered help to the same person a few times and i know switched has done the same , this is the internet of course we will jump on eachother a bit or be coy at times or a smart ...
    but sometimes people need it or a place to be able to do it
    just sayin... (lol as switched would always say ) just sayin ...
    but he was always around to help people when they needed it in the past he has helped people with important things like battery safety and the community is at a loss with out him any one can help but his opinion was one i trusted especially with safety

Dusty_D

Original Guru
    Senior Moderator
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
    I have to agree with all the commentary thus far. I spent most of my early vaping weeks poring over information posted by the bear. Then I gained some knowledge myself, and chose to express my opinion on a few things here and there. I was supported in this by Switched on some things, and was swatted down on others. Did I like it? no, of-course not. He got me frustrated more than once with his closed stance on devices or accessories that he did not like. There were times I wanted to go Grizzly on his Polar bear backside. :)

I've always maintained that his heart was in the right place, even if his delivery skills could use some finesse. Does that mean I want him to be a pansy and avoid calling an ... an ...? No, I appreciated his straight shooting style as much as the other guy. But, you also cannot cross the line and be offensive in an open forum such as this. There are many other forums where the shackles are taken off and people cuss and swear at each other all they want without reprisal.

Switched has been handed a permaban, that will require Admin intervention and god knows what else to bring him back. Whether he chooses to come back, and play by the rules of this forum are entirely up to him after that.

I for one, would love to engage in healthy exchanges of information or debate with him on disagreements again.

I'm done!

cactusgirl

Sage Tribal Queen
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2011
    Dartmouth, NS
    As a newbie, I appreciate the valuable input from all veteran members. I had the opportunity to meet Switched at a recent local meet and I agree with most of you - he is a genuine guy and I believe that his heart is in the right place. Like most people who are passionate about their beliefs and opinions, he can come across as gruff and sometimes get a little hot under the collar when trying to get his point across, but this type of diversity among members is what makes our community so valuable. When I'm trying to make a decision for myself about things that I don't necessarily know enough about, I want to hear all sides of the argument so that I can be better informed. Just sayin'.......

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread