Status
Not open for further replies.

ephemerata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
Hey guys!

I'm struggling to find my ADV and I'm getting so burnt out on ordering samples and combing through the forums. My wallet also can't take much tinkering around. It seems like even when I really like a liquid I get sick of it very quickly, or I slowly find something to dislike about it. So far, my favorites have been Captain Jack and Voodoo by Halo, but I also find them a little harsh. By the time they mellow out while vaping them, I've had too much and start to feel sick. I might order a few more Halo products (I was thinking Tribeca, Turkish, and Tiki juice). Are there any other complex, smooth blends that I can try?

I'm open to fruity, tobacco-based, gourmand, whatever, as long as it's complex and interesting. No nuts, though, as I hate nut-based flavors. I'll be ordering Boba's Bounty and a few of the other really popular ones whenever I get the chance, but those are notoriously difficult to get ahold of, and I need something, like, yesterday.

Any suggestions? :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Vapo Marx

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
New York
Me, I've given up on the concept of an ADV because I don't think I'd be satisfied vaping one liquid all day long, no matter how good it might be. It's odd since I was content to smoke the same cigarettes day in and day out for years, but there ya go.

I second Jefsview's HHV recommendation. Also, you might really enjoy Halo's Tribeca (a lot of people love it) but do get a small bottle at first 'cause you might be in the minority who don't. I don't care much for Tribeca on its own but I like it mixed with Torque 56 (in a 1:1 or 2:1 ratio) with a couple of drops of Belgian Cocoa added. Tribeca mixed with Voodoo is also tasty. Then there's Kringle's Curse, a really good straight-up peppermint flavor, bracing and fresh. Shamrock is very tasty; it's kinda like a Thin Mint Girl Scout cookie.

Taste is such a subjective thing, though, and people perceive things in certain juices that I don't pick up at all, and vice versa. Hang around here for a while and you'll notice that certain members have a taste similar to yours, and you can get a pretty good idea of how well you might like a liquid by reading their impressions of it.

y cherry y

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Ypsilanti, MI
Me, I've given up on the concept of an ADV because I don't think I'd be satisfied vaping one liquid all day long, no matter how good it might be. It's odd since I was content to smoke the same cigarettes day in and day out for years, but there ya go.

Yeah, what he said. Finally I can have flavor; why do I even WANT to restrict myself to one? That said, probably 50-60% of my vaping is Smooth Criminal or Sahara from Ahlusion.

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
Five Pawns, hands down the most complex flavors I've tried.

My personal favorite is Gambit.
It's Epic... But maybe too expensive for an ADV.
What I love about it is with every vape, I notice different nuances in the flavor...

Five Pawns other great liquid, in my opinion is Castle Long Reserve... it has the same ability to surprise me with new flavor profiles with every vape. but the variation is huge... rich Bourbon/oak one vape... toasted coconut cookie the next...

But if Gambit is Too expensive, Castle Long is crazy expensive and while I find it enjoyable(and have been vaping it all day today)... the Oak undertones from it's aging process may be a little too much for an ADV.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I'm brand new to vaping and very picky I have found out with flavors. Like you, I get sick of flavors very quickly and that can get expensive!!! I am now starting to mix pre made flavors-some hits and some misses.

I have found a few that I can vape over and over and not get sick of. Halo's Torque 56 for just a good, smooth tobacco taste, Halo Midnight Apple (I don't care for sweet, fruit or apple flavors-this one was shockingly great) and I agree with ClippinWings 100% with Five Pawns!!!!

I was able to try three flavors in a vape shop and I was literally blown away. Again, I'm not big on sweet or fruits but Gambit made me feel like the blueberry chick, chomping on that gum in Willy Wonka when she kept say "now I can taste this and that"! The flavors were crazy good. It is expensive juice but they do have a sample pack of all 5 of their flavors. I just wish they had more because they are amazing.

SharonMM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Lakeville, MN
I think you might like NLV.. I've only tried renegade and gold from them but they kinda blew me away. I, like you mentioned, like complexity in a liquid. These are totally indescribable; actually gold tastes exactly what I "thought" bobas would taste like.. graham cracker, honey and who knows what else. Bobas in comparison is really light on flavor. But at $15 for 30ml and free shipping, I think they're a steal. Plus shipping is fast. I got a shipping notice the same day I purchased.

Heather's makes some awesome tobacco flavors too. I haven't tried all of them, but the ones I have all taste pretty similar. If I were put in a blind taste test, I'm 100% positive I could identity the Heather's... just couldn't tell you which one it was. Good price at $13 per 30ml.. shipping took about a week to my door though.

5p is good stuff.. I disagree that its exceptional, next level kind of good as the price would reflect.. but still one of the best out there imo. I will say that there's something about their liquid that is smoother and feels fuller than other vapes.. whether that makes it worth paying double for is your prerogative. They do offer fast shipping and its also free.

One of my favorite "mystery" vapes is h1n1 from Nicoticket. It's a net, but there are a slew of other flavors in it, which are hard to pin down. Unfortunately the store is closed right now, so you wouldn't be able to get it yet.

Dang I rambled huh? Sorry about that! Good luck with the adv hunt vaper!

Last edited:

RT88

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2013
island fortress
I haven't tried all of them, but the ones I have all taste pretty similar. If I were put in a blind taste test, I'm 100% positive I could identity the Heather's... just couldn't tell you which one it was. Good price at $13 per 30ml.

i was thinking the same thing, except for Dark Horse and Huntsman, Legend Shadow Dragonfire taste very similar, like raisin tobacco lol. i even tried their Swisher thing that was like those cherryish swisher sweet cigars. that was different. i think Dark Horse is the one for me. and their mocha java smoothie

ephemerata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
I think you might like NLV.. I've only tried renegade and gold from them but they kinda blew me away. I, like you mentioned, like complexity in a liquid. These are totally indescribable; actually gold tastes exactly what I "thought" bobas would taste like.. graham cracker, honey and who knows what else. Bobas in comparison is really light on flavor. But at $15 for 30ml and free shipping, I think they're a steal. Plus shipping is fast. I got a shipping notice the same day I purchased.

Ooooh, that sounds awesome. Thank you!

Sed Contra said:
I really like Voodoo by Halo, also. I would recommend Tribeca from them, too.​

Thanks! I have a large bottle of Voodoo, Captain Jack, Tribeca, and a sample of Turkish on the way, in addition to my Longhorn.

Vapo Marx said:

Yeah, I think the idea of an ADV might be beyond me as well. I keep two to three tanks filled up with things and I even get sick of all of them after a few days of switching out between them.​

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN

Ive come to the conclusion that ADV just means a juice that has a long time spot in a daily rotation'

That's as much as I can see for myself anyway
I don't know Ive ever seen someone post that they only use 1 juice 90% of the time

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
Ive come to the conclusion that ADV just means a juice that has a long time spot in a daily rotation'

That sounds right to me, too, but for me it's not even a particular juice - it's a "family" of flavors. My "all day" vape is really a bunch of fruit flavors that I add as I feel like it. Sometimes I'll add cream, and other times I'll add ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread