Status
Not open for further replies.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
I know this is going to sound dumb,but please don't laugh at me.... Since I started vaping back in October I have been using a 50/50 blend. Last week I tried a new vender who's juice is a 70/30 vg/pg blend,and from reading on here vg is a thick juice. When my vape mail came and I got the bottles out I noticed that the juice was really thin. Ok opened them and they had a very strong smell of alcohol, I know you can thin your juice with alcohol or water thats not the problem, here is my problem my tank is going through this juice, a 15ml bottle last me a week using a 50/50 blend and a week on this new juice it's been 30ml. My vaping habits haven't changed nor has my tank or provari any answer would be wonderful. ( ejuice I got is not great and will not be using again ) Thanks

VaporDaze

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2015
Denver, CO
I've had some 70/30 look really thin and others that seem more thick. I've noticed if the juice is really warm it turns really thin but as it cools it looks normal. I tend to add some extra vg if it's too thin for my liking, I'm also sensitive to pg so most of my juice is in the 80/20 to max vg range

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
I've had some 70/30 look really thin and others that seem more thick. I've noticed if the juice is really warm it turns really thin but as it cools it looks normal. I tend to add some extra vg if it's too thin for my liking, I'm also sensitive to pg so most of my juice is in the 80/20 to max vg range
I'm sensitive to pg also, thats why I wanted to try a higher vg and even in the bottle it's very thin. My whole milk in the frig. is thicker than this stuff.

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
I have three different 80/20 juices from the same maker and there is a discernible difference in their apparent viscosity. I'm going to assume that it is the flavoring bases used in each that contribute to the difference. As to why your consumption level is increased, it may indeed be that there is an added alcohol to the flavoring which is enhancing the wicking and vaporization profile.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
I have three different 80/20 juices from the same maker and there is a discernible difference in their apparent viscosity. I'm going to assume that it is the flavoring bases used in each that contribute to the difference. As to why your consumption level is increased, it may indeed be that there is an added alcohol to the flavoring which is enhancing the wicking and vaporization profile.
So its most likely the alcohol thats causing it to burn quickly?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
So its most likely the alcohol thats causing it to burn quickly?

Maybe, and thinner just wicks faster -- that's why in the old style clearos, VG didn't vape well, it couldn't wick fast enough. The newer hardware allows thicker juice to vape better, but it's probably still true that thinner juice will wick-up faster.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread