Status
Not open for further replies.

J.R. Bob Dobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
near buffalo, NY
I have a provari, i love it.

I am thinking possibly an Evic. But definitely not any sort of a hybrid mod. Maybe a box mod of some sort? I would like variable wattage but its not a big decision maker either way. I would like something durable like the provari, but still some sort of APV.

Hopefully you guys have some good suggestions.

fishercat

Verified Member
Dec 29, 2012
Woodbridge, VA
If you have a Provari, you don't need an Evic. Have you thought about getting a Genesis atty to put on top of the Provari? I have been using a DID: The Standard DID (D20) POLISHED | ATOMIZERS | mmvapors.com on top of my Provari with good results. I've also used a couple of other attys as well and have enjoyed the flexibility of the Provari.

I've never been a big fan of box mods, but I've heard everyone likes the REO. reosmods.com

Adam the Aussie

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2011
Australia
The EPM mod could be an option for you. It's variable power from 2-16 watts in 0.1 increments, built like a ProVari, massive battery life, stainless steel base and body with delrin top, best button I've ever used on a PV, has an on/off switch making it pocket friendly. You can also check your ohms and remaining battery life. It's not cheap (around $230 from memory) and is heavy, but the dual 18490 version is shorter than a ProVari mini with about 3 times the battery life. It's made in Australia:
20130507_145832.jpg
20130702_195541.jpg

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The EPM mod could be an option for you. It's variable power from 2-16 watts in 0.1 increments, built like a ProVari, massive battery life, stainless steel base and body with delrin top, best button I've ever used on a PV, has an on/off switch making it pocket friendly. You can also check your ohms and remaining battery life. It's not cheap (around $230 from memory) and is heavy, but the dual 18490 version is shorter than a ProVari mini with about 3 times the battery life. It's made in Australia:
View attachment 228625
View attachment 228627

I might have to agree with our Australian friend. As you can see here, the dual 18650 is only slight taller than a Hana, and built like a brick ___house. He's right, it's heavy, but oh-so-worth it.

I'll be going into much greater detail in a week or two, after the novelty has worn off and I've had a chance to really put it through its paces. But the early returns are tremendously positive. In fact, I'm literally floored by its performance and build quality.

20130717_200805.jpg

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
Do you already have a device that can read ohms and battery voltage? If so, you may want to think about a mech with a kick. If you don't already have a device that can tell you ohms/voltage, the Sigelei Zmax V3 Telescopic is pretty f-ing sweet. It's more solidly built than the Vamo and is a little smaller.

Adam the Aussie

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2011
Australia
I might have to agree with our Australian friend. As you can see here, the dual 18650 is only slight taller than a Hana, and built like a brick ___house. He's right, it's heavy, but oh-so-worth it.

I'll be going into much greater detail in a week or two, after the novelty has worn off and I've had a chance to really put it through its paces. But the early returns are tremendously positive. In fact, I'm literally floored by its performance and build quality.

View attachment 232393

Glad to hear your EPM arrived safely and great to hear you're enjoying it so far. It's a bit like the ProVari in that you really need to hold it to understand the quality of the PV, can't wait for your review.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The battery indicator finally started blinking. All I can say is, "Wow." That's from Tuesday evening, around 19:00 (ET). I wasn't using it exclusively, but it was taking up a majority of my vape. Quite impressive, from any perspective.

As a frame of reference, I will get 4-6 hours from one 2250mah 18650 in a Provari.

And I agree completely about your comparison to Provari in the "need to hold it" area. It gets one's attention immediately, at the point of unpacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread