Constant (non-stop) Battery Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

kslice917

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2013
North Canton, OH, USA
So I've been doing some reading here on ECF a lot the past few weeks - and I have to admit, I have learned a lot about vaping. I'm starting to find out that I'm not as much of an enthusiast as I thought. One of the things that I was looking at was an Ohm's Law Calculator that somebody posted. So, I decided it would be fun (mostly because I love math) to figure out just how long my battery is supposed to work on a single charge. Here's what I figured out:

1. My battery is rated for 1200 mAh (milliamp hours).
  2. Since I vape at 5.2V ~ 2.0 ohms resistance, I am drawing 2.6 amps per hour. (5.2V / 2.0ohms = 2.6A)
  3. At this rate, my battery would last with constant use (holding down the button the entire time) for 27.7 minutes - let's just say a half hour. (2.6A * 1000 = 2600 mA, 1200mAh / 2600mA = 0.46 hours)
  4. My battery seems to just last me a full day (16 hours), so that means I'm vaping at an average of 1.73 minutes/hour. (0.46 / 16 = 0.03 hours)

Now, I know this all looks like a lot of numbers (because it is) - but I just thought it was interesting to think about. When I used to smoke, I know it was much more than that. Yet since I've become a vaper/vapist, I've been satisfied with vaping less than I smoked. I've also wondered, "Why does my cell phone battery last a lot longer under constant use?" Well, through some google research I found out that a typical cell phone only uses 0.275 amps as opposed to the 2.6 amps that my e-cigarette is using. It all makes sense now!
So what about you guys? Have you ever wondered why your PV just doesn't seem to last as long as you'd like, or am I just alone here? :laugh:

Last edited:

kslice917

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2013
North Canton, OH, USA
Good numbers! Plenty of people here have come up with spreadsheets to do all kinds of things!
Did you take into consideration that if you are using an unregulated mod the voltage will drop as you use it? :D

I didn't actually - that's a good point! I'm not sure if mine is regulated or not. I want to say it is; as I've run it down to the point that it no longer fires and up until then, it seems to put out the same amount of vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread