Status
Not open for further replies.

rsirico

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2013
Arizona
www.ecigvapeusa.com
I'm Rob Sirico owner of eCigVapeUSA. After a lot of planning I finally got this business up and running.

I need the help of the members on the ECF to offer some help and advice on what will drive business to my website.

You've got to put your thinking cap on to make this work.

What type of contest and prize will make "you" the members of the EFC want to go to my site and make a purchase?

I've got a ton of inventory that I'm dying to ship out so lets have a contest called "ITS ALL ABOUT ME".

You folks have been on the ECF longer than I have and have seen the good and bad of contests.

Tell me what you would like me to do for a contest and I'll select 3 idea's and award those 3 people a $25.00 Coupon Code to the store.

The Contest will run until next Saturday the 4th of January at 6PM

The winners names will be posted in this thread.
I'll PM each of the 3 winners with your $25.00 coupon code.

As an added bonus here is a coupon code for this weekend only that will get you 10% off every item in the store - "ecf10off"

(COUPON EXPIRES SUNDAY 12/29 at MIDNIGHT)
Regards and thank you in advance to all that participate.

Rob

cooltext1325249503_opt (1).jpg
www.ecigvapeusa.com

Last edited:

pryan67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Illinois
well, what I'd like to see in a contest is the "pryan67 wins" rule :)

seriously though, I'm a fan of the "find a hidden thing in the website contest"....it's nicer than the random number ones, where people just post and you pick a random number....plus it forces people who want to win to go through your website, and ideally make a purchase

DocTonyNYC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico (and NYC)
First, welcome to ECF!

Here's an idea for you. . .

A scavenger hunt type of contest. On your site, hide a certain number of hidden flags or "Easter Eggs" that people need to find based on clues that you give here on ECF. Either the first person to find it wins, or you take all of the finders and pick one randomly. This, of course, has the advantage of getting people to look at your site.

If you've looked at other contests on ECF, the most common are where a random post is picked as the winner (there are a lot variations on this theme). My suggestion if you do this--limit the number of entries or you risk having one or two people posting 95% of the entries.

(Edited to add--I really didn't steal pryan's idea! Evidently we both had the idea at the same time. That explains the minor earthquake we just had here in Puerto Rico!)

Debra_oh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Hi and welcome,

First thing I would do is add a link/banner for your website to your sig line so folks could easily get to it.

A "treasure hunt" contest can be a good idea. Having people post about something on your website gets people to look at the site.

Contests that have multiple posts per person per day (5/day, etc) keeps activity up.

Themed contests seem to work well. Posts would be about a topic (holidays, pets, movies, etc) with a post, or a few posy a day for each participant.

Repetition helps to keep you in front of people so a contest that restarts every week/month can be good.

Contests with multiple winners seem to work well. Maybe with one Grand prize winner and then periodic random winners. So the contest may go for a month but periodically you would chose a random winner from a days posts.

Good luck! The site looks nice but I don't seen any liquids; do you plan on carrying any?

DocTonyNYC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico (and NYC)
As my coffee begins to kick in, I started thinking some more.

I always like the contests that ask people to post something fun or creative (e.g., best quotes, funniest pictures, best recipes, etc.) Winners chosen randomly. Again, I would strongly suggest limiting entries (x number per day).

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
welcome3.gif

to ECF

Ah - Contest . . .

As one of the many Contest "JUNKIES" of ECF, I can tell "You" that there are many different types of contest that many people enjoy and those that stand out a little more then others are ones that (in general) . . .

1) Have Very Clear and Defind :rules:, especially when the Contest Starts & Ends
(There are "Contest Police" out there :facepalm: - Just Sayin' . . . ;))

2) The "Winner" is picked at "RANDOM" (use the Random.org & Video is posted in Contest Thread)

3) Are Not To Long or To Fast (especially Do Not take months, unless it involves a series of Prizes)

4) Are Limited to the Number of Entries a person is allowed - especially per day (You will get hit hard by just a few people)

5) Are Themed Based (especially during Holidays), or Takes Some Initiative and/or Have "Substance" to the entries (Those "I'm in entries" Contest are nice, but boring, also - IMO - any contest where a predetermined post number DO Not Really give people a fair or equal chance to Win - are a NO NO . . . Just sayin' . . .;)) .

6) DO NOT Take People to Social Media Sites (There are many people who vehemently detest Facebook/Tweeter/etc.)

I hope this information is somewhat helpful and that "You" have just as much FUN running the contest as those that enter them . . . :thumbs:

Oh - BTW: Really like the title of this Contest "ITS ALL ABOUT ME" . . .
finger-pointing-down-animation-gif.gif

Last edited:

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
I agree with the suggestions above. The scavenger hunt gets people to your site. Simple games like counting the number of items in a jar from a picture are fun.
As stated above, if the contest is "open" to free posts and chat with no limitation you will have two or three spam the thread to death.
No Facebook, keep it on ECF, your website and maybe video.
Sub-contests in the contest are fun. You can do the "normal" contest and then have a random fast one within it, say be the 133 post or the first to post after 8PM with a time zone indicated.
Make the prize a choice, such a juice so people go to the site to pick a flavor, and browse while they are there.

OptimusPrimerib

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
welcome3.gif

to ECF

Ah - Contest . . .

As one of the many Contest "JUNKIES" of ECF, I can tell "You" that there are many different types of contest that many people enjoy and those that stand out a little more then others are ones that (in general) . . .

1) Have Very Clear and Defind :rules:, especially when the Contest Starts & Ends
(There are "Contest Police" out there :facepalm: - Just Sayin' . . . ;))

2) The "Winner" is picked at "RANDOM" (use the Random.org & Video is posted in Contest Thread)

3) Are Not To Long or To Fast (especially Do Not take months, unless it involves a series of Prizes)

4) Are Limited to the Number of Entries a person is allowed - especially per day (You will get hit hard by just a few people)

5) Are Themed Based (especially during Holidays), or Takes Some Initiative and/or Have "Substance" to the entries (Those "I'm in entries" Contest are nice, but boring, also - IMO - any contest where a predetermined post number DO Not Really give people a fair or equal chance to Win - are a NO NO . . . Just sayin' . . .;)) .

6) DO NOT Take People to Social Media Sites (There are many people who vehemently detest Facebook/Tweeter/etc.)

I hope this information is somewhat helpful and that "You" have just as much FUN running the contest as those that enter them . . . :thumbs:

Oh - BTW: Really like the title of this Contest "ITS ALL ABOUT ME" . . .
finger-pointing-down-animation-gif.gif

This is perfect and i agree, any advice about contests i would take from uncle(he's been around the block a few times):D Rules are important though, its ok if people go crazy, but theres a difference between crazy and chaotic.

traderljp

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2013
South Florida
Welcome!!!! I really had to think about this one...and here are my honest answers.

What type of contest and prize will make me want to go to your site and make a purchase?

I'll start with prizes that would drive me to visit your site and make a purchase.

1) I think we all want to reward the vendor that gives us something, but I have to say the easiest way to get me to the site and buying quickly is if I won something that naturally goes with other vape gear. For instance, lets say I won a device; there are so many things I may need/want for that device, such as batteries, tanks, accessories, chargers, etc.. I would immediately buy any things that I wanted and needed for my new device from the vendor that gave me this prize...and I would probably find some other things to buy on the site as long as I am filling my cart.

2) Another thing that would drive me to your site, ready to buy are unique items that I won as prizes from you, and liked so much that I want more of it...and you are the only place to get it. The most obvious examples of this are particular juices/flavors that are unique and great. If I win some great juice that is really unique, I am probably going to be buying from that vendor on a regular basis. Another item that falls into this category are things like unique hardware/devices. Lets say I won a particular tank or PV that I love and you are the only vendor that sells them (maybe you make these, or have an exclusive). Well, I am going to be visiting your site and will be buying.

Lastly here are the contests that would drive me to your site to buy:

This one, to me, is not as important as the prizes. A contest in and of itself will not make me go to a site and buy something very often. I may check out the site, and if I see some great selection or prices, I will keep them in mind, but I am not as motivated a buyer as the examples of the prize winners I gave already. I do, however, have preferences for contests. I like ones that have a finite number of entries per person. The ones where every post is a potential winner, means that people try and post as much as possible to increase their odds. I don't participate in those threads because I don't have the time to devote to it. Some threads tell participants to number their first 5 or 10 posts, which will count as entries, and then chit chat as much as they want...these are better for me. Another contest preference I have is for ones that have a regular schedule...say one that does one each week. It is nice, because a little mini-community seems to grow in those kinds of threads...everyone knows each other and it is kind of fun.

OK, those are my honest thoughts on what would get me to visit your site and make a purchase. Best of luck!!! :)

Ding

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Molon Labe
Welcome!!!! I really had to think about this one...and here are my honest answers.

What type of contest and prize will make me want to go to your site and make a purchase?

I'll start with prizes that would drive me to visit your site and make a purchase.

1) I think we all want to reward the vendor that gives us something, but I have to say the easiest way to get me to the site and buying quickly is if I won something that naturally goes with other vape gear. For instance, lets say I won a device; there are so many things I may need/want for that device, such as batteries, tanks, accessories, chargers, etc.. I would immediately buy any things that I wanted and needed for my new device from the vendor that gave me this prize...and I would probably find some other things to buy on the site as long as I am filling my cart.

2) Another thing that would drive me to your site, ready to buy are unique items that I won as prizes from you, and liked so much that I want more of it...and you are the only place to get it. The most obvious examples of this are particular juices/flavors that are unique and great. If I win some great juice that is really unique, I am probably going to be buying from that vendor on a regular basis. Another item that falls into this category are things like unique hardware/devices. Lets say I won a particular tank or PV that I love and you are the only vendor that sells them (maybe you make these, or have an exclusive). Well, I am going to be visiting your site and will be buying.

Lastly here are the contests that would drive me to your site to buy:

This one, to me, is not as important as the prizes. A contest in and of itself will not make me go to a site and buy something very often. I may check out the site, and if I see some great selection or prices, I will keep them in mind, but I am not as motivated a buyer as the examples of the prize winners I gave already. I do, however, have preferences for contests. I like ones that have a finite number of entries per person. The ones where every post is a potential winner, means that people try and post as much as possible to increase their odds. I don't participate in those threads because I don't have the time to devote to it. Some threads tell participants to number their first 5 or 10 posts, which will count as entries, and then chit chat as much as they want...these are better for me. Another contest preference I have is for ones that have a regular schedule...say one that does one each week. It is nice, because a little mini-community seems to grow in those kinds of threads...everyone knows each other and it is kind of fun.

OK, those are my honest thoughts on what would get me to visit your site and make a purchase. Best of luck!!! :)

Saved me from writing the gettysburg address.I prefer the numbered posts of 5-10 per day and small community theory also and having "unique" flavors and/or items.There are several vendors I purchase from here just because they are great people.The second reason is they have great prices/products.I respect them and carry that respect onto their website with purchases.

rsirico

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2013
Arizona
www.ecigvapeusa.com
Thank you to everyone that has replied so far, lots of really positive suggestions. I updated the original post with a link to my website and I'll edit it as more suggestions come in. Here is what jumps out at me so far:

"find a hidden thing in the website contest"
A scavenger hunt type of contest
First thing I would do is add a link/banner for your website to your sig line so folks could easily get to it.
I just did this!
A "treasure hunt" contest can be a good idea. Having people post about something on your website gets people to look at the site.
1) Have Very Clear and Defind Rules, especially when the Contest Starts & Ends
(There are "Contest Police" out there - Just Sayin' . . . )

i like a chit chat random weekly winner thread
Periodically (once or twice per day), make two statement and folks have to guess which is the True statement
You have a nice site, although I'm a girly-girl, and wouldn't mind seeing more girly colored items.
But that's just me...
Saved me from writing the gettysburg address
:laugh:
The second reason is they have great prices/products
I TOTALLY AGREE ON THE PRICE THING

Great ideas, please keep 'em coming

Last edited:

Blue-Collar Vapor

Oct 15, 2013
Portland
As a writer, I am more compelled to turn towards writing something. Like maybe a review contest. Find a product on your website that they have used (or would like to use) and write a review on it. One winner is chosen by the quality of review and another chosen as to the quantity of reviews (there being some sort of quality rubric so as to discourage single line reviews like "I like . . . because it looks cool")

Gr8Scott

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
Ifaitoldzya, Umytszlapmi
I will think about the contest and ideas for same... but some suggestions:

Don't sell anything less than quality batteries and chargers. I feel every vendor needs to phase out unbranded and/or questionable manufacturer batteries. If these things go into thermal runaway or vent then it's bad for everybody in vaping (not to mention the poor soul who is vaping on a battery that fails). The bad PR potential would be nightmarish and with all these noobs wanting to jump into sub-ohming...well it's scary. "Safe" is attractive to potential customers. I automatically disregard anything that has a 'fire" in it's name :D

That being said I would recommend (battery wise) Panasonic, Sanyo, AW and Efest and MNKE (re: MNKE, while you can still get them). All of those have safer chemistry. And for chargers, get some quality merchandise such as Nitecore and Xtar. Good stuff and it flys of the shelf at a reasonable price point.

I would recommend (as the contest idea is starting to come together now as I type) making the prizes difficult to obtain and/or extreme quality. Personally I don't get real excited about juice as a prize, if that's something you might carry in the future.

And, I hate to say it, but watch China.Times are tough in many areas economy wise and though I would really prefer to buy from US vendor, if I can get a clone for 12-15 dollars and free shipping from a China based supplier.... and vendor stateside is selling it for $30 bucks plus shipping, well, I might choose to wait the extra week or two on the Hong Kong item to save some coin.

That's another thing, shipping. I get excited about free shipping. If you can't do it all the time, maybe make a free shipping coupon once in a while. Also it's nice not having to worry about an unpleasant surprise at the very end of selecting items.

Their once was a contest that had a "What person's face is this" and that was actually pretty neat. The downside is that people tend to copy answers from early posters, so you would like exhibit a new image daily. I think this is smart marketing. Keep it fresh and people will frequent it often. I like the "Deal of the day" thing a lot of vendors have.

So, that's what I got for now.

Welcome to ECF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread