Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello there,

Today I have the newest MTL/RDL kit from Innokin for review, the Coolfire Z80/Zenith II kit. Both the coolfire and Zenith line are very well known under the vapers. especially MTL. I have never owned the original Zenith, but I did own the Zlide and Zenith Pro to which I can compare this new tank.

Special thanks to @Innokin_timmy for providing me with this kit.

Specifications:

Packaging:

• 1x Coolfire Z80 Zenith II Kit (0.8ohm) (*Battery not included)
  • 1x Spare Z-Coil (0.3ohm)
  • 1x Spare RDL Drip tip
  • 1x Spare Glass
  • 1x Spare O Ring Set
  • 1x Type-C Charging Cable
  • 1x Quick Guide

Review:

Let's start with the mod, the newest Coolfire. I really like the way this mod looks, simple and classy. Especially happy with the black version I received, it's gorgeous. It feels properly made and is quite light, can also confirm it is quite scratch resistant after having it in my pocket with keys, no scratches visible on the frame. The leather grip gives it a nice hold and the leather also feels nice, it is a thin fabric, but still nice a 'spongey'.

Branding on the mod is not very noticeable as it's carved in and kept in the same black color. On the right side of the frame 'INNOKIN' and on the left side 'COOLFIRE Z80' are carved in. On the bottom of the leather the Fourier logo is added referring to the Frequency technology that this mod has.

The top of the mod allows for 27mm tank without overhang, which is proper.

All buttons react well and sit in place properly. Just find ot a pity the fire-button is made from plastic, metal would have had a nicer feel. It's a small detail, but the golden line around the fire-button in my opinion looks very nice.

Best part for me of this mod is the fact that its an 18650 external battery mod. Battery-cap unscrews smoothly, and it is easy to get a proper grip because of the lip. Battery-cap is on the thin side, but it does not bother me.

Operating the mod is the standard Innokin way:
  • 3 clicks to turn on/off the device.
  • Hold up and down to get into the menu
  • Hold fire and down to lock/unlock the device
  • Hold fire and up to get into the information menu where you can also clear puff-counter
  • Hold up or down to unlock wattage/voltage adjustment.
All very easy to operate and since there is not that many functions there is no need to really get into the user manual. Just like on the Innokin Sensis there is the Frequency and Refresh option. Both functions are quite revolutionary and really add another layer of vaping control. Difference is that on the Z80 the max Hz is 100, not 500 like on the Sensis. I like that the device shows the recommended HZ setting on the screen (1-50 for DTL and 50-100 for MTL). You need to experiment with it a bit, as it also depends a lot on the flavor profile of your juice. But once you get the hang of it, it really can improve the flavor and smoothness of your vape. However, I do find vaping on regular wattage/voltage better sometimes as the vape tends to be warmer.

Refresh is a nice function that really helps as I taste the difference after doing a refresh run. It simply runs for a couple of seconds on a lower wattage than the wattage set on the device. This supposedly clears clogged up residue from liquid and in this way 'refreshes' the coil.

Some additional functions in settings such as operational screen, it allows for changing the layout to pro or minimal. Pro is not really pro, it is kind of regular, minimal however is just as minimalistic as it gets. Also, you can set the screen time out between 5 and 180 seconds, and fire cut-off between 3 and 18 seconds. What is left in settings is displaying the device ID and resetting to factory settings.

Device can be put in Wattage and Voltage. Wattage scrolls in 0.5 increments and voltage in 0.1. It does round robin at the lowest 1V to the highest 7.5V vice versa. Wattage does the same from 6 to 80W. Not much has changed compared to their earlier single battery mod apart from the new Fourier frequency technology and refresh function. Still need to hold down up or down to be able to adjust wattage or voltage and still the 0.5w increments, both things I've named as minor cons in other reviews.

Below a quick comparison in size and looks with the Sensis and Kroma-Z:

Now the new Zenith II tank. From a quick glance it looks very similar to the first Zenith, but there is quite some differences hidden in the functionalities.

Cannot complain about the looks of this tank, it looks simple and is not overbranded. Only Innokin and Zenith II are carved into the airflow ring. Overall, the tank feels very solid and properly made.

Best part of this tank is the top-fill method, just give it a twist as shown on the top of the tank and it reveals a large enough fill port with a membrane. It can be hard to fill with larger bottle tips as the drip-tip is slightly in the way, but its not a huge problem.

It holds an impressive 5.5ml, which for a MTL/RDL tank is very welcomed. New thing on the Zenith II is that you are able to easily replace the glass by screwing off the top cap. On the first Zenith this was not possible. It does however not have juiceflow control as on the previous Zenith, Innokin had to choose between JFC and ability to replace glass. I think replacement of glass is a better choice and therefor am not too worried about not having JFC.

Just like any Z-coil tank, its an easy replacement of coil. Simply unscrew the base and you get access to the bottom of the coil which you can pull out and replace with a new one. With around half a tank of juice you can replace a coil without making a mess. Coils fit in only a specific direction because of the straight guiders.

There are several airflow options on this tank. Three individual hole openings (which seem of the same size) and one entire sleeve opening. The way the airflow is designed makes it a good MTL and RDL vape. I however find that even with just one tiny hole halfway open that it could have been tighter. It is not as tight of a draw as I like, and for sure looser than the Zlide. When entirely closing off the airflow it gets close to what I like, but still a bit too loose. Don't get me wrong, it is not a very loose draw, it is getting quite close to tight, I am just very much into extreme tight airflow for MTL. RDL airflow options are proper, you can get from very restricted to restricted.

Z-coils for me are still the best all-round MTL coils, and I have tried plenty. They are not the best coils if its about flavor, but if its about keeping up with a stabile flavor throughout weeks and longevity then they are just great. Still after so many years of using Z-coils and many new ones being releases, for me the 1.6ohm is the best. The mesh ones they do have a bit better flavor, but the 1.6ohm coils are just going and going, sometimes for 5-6 weeks.

If its about the RDL coil, they deliver very nice flavor and overall RDL experience with the RDL coil and Zenith II is very pleasing. One thing I do find happening with some of the RDL coils is that they lose their performance quickly, like after a week or so.

Overall performance of this tank is very good. The airflow and vape are very smooth and overall vape experience is very pleasing. Only had some gurgling action once, but after a while I figured I forgot to close the fill port. No issues with leaking whatsoever.

Conclusion:

A very nice MTL/RDL kit. Especially like the mod a lot! It just feels really nice to carry with me and performs as expected. It being 18650 replaceable is a very big plus.

The tank performs very well, but I still believe the Zlide (2ml) is the best Z-coil tank made so far. The Zenith II is better than the Zenith Pro in my opinion. But I do find the airflow slightly to loose for my type of MTL vape.

Con wise it is very minor, such as the 0.1w increments capabilities. I just was expecting maybe a bit more from the Fourier technology, you do feel it works, but the vape also becomes cooler. I mostly just vape in regular wattage to keep a nice warm vape.

Still all together, it’s a very nice starter-kit for those looking to quit smoking cigarettes as its easy in use and is trouble free.

Good job Innokin!

Thank you for reading!
Sjoerd

Innokin_timmy

Brand Rep
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2018
Thank you, Sjoerd. Much appreciated your time and effort. :thumb:
The Innokin Coolfire Z80 Zenith II vape kit has been paired with the Zenith II tank to deliver the best of Innokin: precision, power, and comfort. The Innokin Zenith II tank that changed the MTL scene is back and better than ever. With a fine-tuned airflow capable of precise air intake for both MTL and RDL.
Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with us.
:thumbs:
Hope everyone has a nice day!

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Good review SP! I've been enjoying using the Z80. I have three so far and really like them. The newer .3 ohm coil has become my favorite.
Thank you!
Yeah, the 0.3ohm also seem to have improved a bit compared to the initial release ones, flavor is better and longevity as well!

Reactions: hittman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread