Copper Morpheus mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_MaNiAC_

Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Ohio
I've seen a copper morpheus mod on facebook recently and was contacted by the manufacturer (?) in their attempt to sell the product. Has anyone heard of this mod? I've heard of the morpheus and tiger brass morpheus. I'm wanting to know if this copper morpheus is a legit product. Is is made by the same people as the original, vip customs, right?
I was thinking about buying one or group buy with my local vape club, but I don't want to spend over $100 for a cheap clone of some sort. Who else has heard of this mod? Have you seen it for sale or pre-order sale anywhere?

The facebook accounts advertising these are "Vapr Zone Philippines" and "Vapr Zonephils"
This is what they have to say about it:

MORPHEUS MOD SPECS:
*Constructed from Imported Solid Copper.Like gold, copper is an excellent conductor of heat and electricity. Copper is also resistant to corrosion (it does not rust very easily).
*Modular design with "seamless" extension tubes for interchangeable battery to accommodate 18-series batteries (18350, 18490, 18650)
*Comes with floating positive pins with extending capabilities
*Effortless firing mechanism with tapered edge for sleek and elegant look
*Tube is engraved with the mod logo.
*Serial numbers are machine stamped vertically on the reverse side of the tube opposite the Morpheus logo.

scscheib

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Pittsburgh,PA,USA
VIP does make a mod called the Morpheus. They first came out with a SS and brass mix, which I have. It is a decent mod and the materials are good but good luck trying to get help from them. From day one my pin fell out of the top cap and I can not get it to stay in place. It just sits there in the bottom of the mod and in order to try and use the mod I would have to fuss and try to get the pin to stay in place etc. etc. and its a pain. But the real problem is that I have been trying to get them to help me for over 3 months and all they do is direct you to a supposed online store called ONDECK of which has never responded to any of my attempts to contact. I them go back to VIP on FB and they requested a pic of my mod and authenticity card, which I have and gladly provided and still nothing!!! I honestly would not buy a single thing from them. If you notice on their FB page there are several others with the same problem as me and they can't get help either. I don't know how they even sell their product with service like that. I made the mistake of buying my Morpheus mod in the classifieds here. The guy had the pin held in with a piece of tape and said nothing about it. When I questioned him he got all defensive and threatening so I just gave into it being a valuable learning lesson on buying used products. They did mention the recent release of a copper version and I have seen some pics of it. Authentic or not unless you don't care about product support I wouldn't give it a second thought. Just trying to help based on the experience I have had.

audiopistol

Apr 12, 2014
CALIFORNIA
I've seen a copper morpheus mod on facebook recently and was contacted by the manufacturer (?) in their attempt to sell the product. Has anyone heard of this mod? I've heard of the morpheus and tiger brass morpheus. I'm wanting to know if this copper morpheus is a legit product. Is is made by the same people as the original, vip customs, right?
I was thinking about buying one or group buy with my local vape club, but I don't want to spend over $100 for a cheap clone of some sort. Who else has heard of this mod? Have you seen it for sale or pre-order sale anywhere?

The facebook accounts advertising these are "Vapr Zone Philippines" and "Vapr Zonephils"
This is what they have to say about it:

MORPHEUS MOD SPECS:
*Constructed from Imported Solid Copper.Like gold, copper is an excellent conductor of heat and electricity. Copper is also resistant to corrosion (it does not rust very easily).
*Modular design with "seamless" extension tubes for interchangeable battery to accommodate 18-series batteries (18350, 18490, 18650)
*Comes with floating positive pins with extending capabilities
*Effortless firing mechanism with tapered edge for sleek and elegant look
*Tube is engraved with the mod logo.
*Serial numbers are machine stamped vertically on the reverse side of the tube opposite the Morpheus logo.

It sounds to me like a clone. The Morpheus (authentic) is not a modular mod for 1 and second I have not heard of them doing a copper version but it is sure easy nuff to go to VIP's facebook page and ask them. Hope this helps

Yes, they make a copper Morpheus. I am the proud owner of the copper Morpheus serial #003. It is one of the best mods I have ever owned. I would say it hits like a beast but do I really need to...? Copper mod, copper contacts, copper everything. It's a solid mod.

VIP does make a mod called the Morpheus. They first came out with a SS and brass mix, which I have. It is a decent mod and the materials are good but good luck trying to get help from them. From day one my pin fell out of the top cap and I can not get it to stay in place. It just sits there in the bottom of the mod and in order to try and use the mod I would have to fuss and try to get the pin to stay in place etc. etc. and its a pain. But the real problem is that I have been trying to get them to help me for over 3 months and all they do is direct you to a supposed online store called ONDECK of which has never responded to any of my attempts to contact. I them go back to VIP on FB and they requested a pic of my mod and authenticity card, which I have and gladly provided and still nothing!!! I honestly would not buy a single thing from them. If you notice on their FB page there are several others with the same problem as me and they can't get help either. I don't know how they even sell their product with service like that. I made the mistake of buying my Morpheus mod in the classifieds here. The guy had the pin held in with a piece of tape and said nothing about it. When I questioned him he got all defensive and threatening so I just gave into it being a valuable learning lesson on buying used products. They did mention the recent release of a copper version and I have seen some pics of it. Authentic or not unless you don't care about product support I wouldn't give it a second thought. Just trying to help based on the experience I have had.

I have had zero issues with my pin. It sits in there just fine. I used to own an Ember by Golden Armour Mods that had the top pin always falling out but I never considered it a big deal. The mod was still usable and worked very well. Just had to make sure I didn't lose the piece, so whenever I wasn't using the mod, I would keep the pin inside the mod and screw on both top cap and switch to make sure it didn't grow legs and decide to walk out of my life. Like most of the women I've dated do. Anyways, that's besides the point. I'm curious if those people that have the same issue as you own the ss version or the copper version. Maybe it was an issue with only ss. I know that copper is a softer metal and when you try to use a copper screw with a harder metal like stainless steel, it won't work properly. Maybe that could be the issue you're having. Which, in that case, would not be fixable. It would also make a lot of sense why VIP didn't reply to you because, well... they don't want to explain their majorly epic fcuk up to their customers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread