The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Coronavirus & Vaping Hardware

Discussion in 'Health, Safety and Vaping' started by Dayvidpriddy, Feb 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Dayvidpriddy

Dayvidpriddy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    Do we need to be worried about buying prebuilt coils, etc? Since they are assembled in China, etc, I was curious.

Thanks

2. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    In principle, no; the virus should not be able to remain viable on inert surfaces long enough to be a concern with items shipped from China.

That said, there have already been reports of shortages of pre-built coils in some places because manufacturers aren't making them and shipping them as fast as they used to.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Dayvidpriddy

Jun 22, 2011
    Good, thanks. Yes I was just reading up on this about a shortage. I better check and get some more coils now then.

4. Rossum

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    You may want to think about some RBAs as back-ups too.

5. Dayvidpriddy

Jun 22, 2011
  6. jlazarus

jlazarus Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    What about juice - and not even necessarily from China..US juice. Can juice be contaminated? Makes me want to go back to making my own....

Also, I think about how often my hand is near my mouth...... I am refilling like it's a biohazrd - cleaning everything with alcohol, washing hands, refill, wash, wipe with alcohol again. Ugh... It's exhausting ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rossum

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    PG and VG are both alcohols, and PG is known to have antibacterial and antiviral properties, so I doubt there's much worry with it, but someone would have to do lab tests using the actual virus to be really certain.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.