AlphaMamba

Jun 25, 2013
Toronto

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Your Evic (original)* is a regulated mod. It uses buck/boost circuitry to regulate voltage/wattage. It will perform best with a high drain IMR battery with at least 10 Amps of continuous discharge rate. Why High Drain Batteries?

The Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mah battery will "work" in the Evic, but there are far better batteries available which will allow your Evic to perform optimally to its full potential. This battery has a continuous discharge rate of only 6 amps. This battery was designed and is best suited for a low drain application like a flashlight.

Any of the high drain 18650 batteries listed in the below blog link will perform well in your Evic. I will suggest:

Panasonic or Orbtronic NCR18650BD 3200mAh 10Amps
Panasonic or Orbtronic NCR18650PF (LiNiCOMnO2) 2900mAh 10Amps
Panasonic or Orbtronic NCR18650PD (LiNiCoAl) 2900mAh 10Amps
Orbtronic 18650 3500mAh 10Amps (new)

Orbtronics

Battery Basics for Mods

Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries

* If your Evic is the newer high-wattage model, you'll need a 20 - 30 amp continuous battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlphaMamba

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The Panasonic 3,400 (green) battery was the 'original' EVIC (v.1) battery along with a similar (pink) 2,000 Samsung.
They work, they are cheap. They also don't really manage to provide full performance.
Also, they are not IMR.
I have 4, but certainly wouldn't buy them now... not with much stronger and safer batteries available.

Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The Panasonic 3,400 (green) battery was the 'original' EVIC (v.1) battery along with a similar (pink) 2,000 Samsung.
They work, they are cheap. They also don't really manage to provide full performance.
Also, they are not IMR.
I have 4, but certainly wouldn't buy them now... not with much stronger and safer batteries available.
The Panasonic (and Orbtronic) NCR18650B 3400 mah battery is actually an IMR/hybrid battery (nickle/cobalt chemistry), safe chemistry but not high drain.

The pink Samsung was an ICR chemistry battery. Not high drain nor safe chemistry.

Neither battery was what I would consider to be an optimal battery to use in any vaporizor. It just showed me how little the product designers or marketing team knew about batteries that they would recommend either of them for their product.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The Panasonic (and Orbtronic) NCR18650B 3400 mah battery is actually an IMR/hybrid battery (nickle/cobalt chemistry), safe chemistry but not high drain.

I never knew that. My VTC 5 died on me, so it'll be interesting to see how better batteries perform in 'outdated' mods. I can't see my using my evic, but the Vamo (V5) is still in operation. That was always weak with the Panasonic 3,400s.

AlphaMamba

Jun 25, 2013
Toronto
Wow, great reply.... so basically this one - 3500mAh Protected 18650 Battery Li-ion 3.7V | Orbtronic

Is the one I should be getting and best mah?

Thanks a LOT for the lengthy reply or else I woulda just been a noob and bought the panasonic green ones

Your Evic (original)* is a regulated mod. It uses buck/boost circuitry to regulate voltage/wattage. It will perform best with a high drain IMR battery with at least 10 Amps of continuous discharge rate. Why High Drain Batteries?

The Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mah battery will "work" in the Evic, but there are far better batteries available which will allow your Evic to perform optimally to its full potential. This battery has a continuous discharge rate of only 6 amps. This battery was designed and is best suited for a low drain application like a flashlight.

Any of the high drain 18650 batteries listed in the below blog link will perform well in your Evic. I will suggest:

Panasonic or Orbtronic NCR18650BD 3200mAh 10Amps
Panasonic or Orbtronic NCR18650PF (LiNiCOMnO2) 2900mAh 10Amps
Panasonic or Orbtronic NCR18650PD (LiNiCoAl) 2900mAh 10Amps
Orbtronic 18650 3500mAh 10Amps (new)

Orbtronics

Battery Basics for Mods

Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries

* If your Evic is the newer high-wattage model, you'll need a 20 - 30 amp continuous battery.

AlphaMamba

Jun 25, 2013
Toronto
Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Seems that one above I linked says for flashlights only, so I guess This is the one I should be buying? 3500 mAh IMR 18650 battery high drain rechargeable Orbtronic cell 3.7V Li-ion
Yeah, the two batteries are different chemistry. You want the IMR high drain model (not protected).

What do you know about these?
Seems a lot of money for a 10A battery.
It has a lot of mah capacity (3500 mah) for a high drain battery.

The vast majority of vapors are low watt/high resistance vapers and place more priority on capacity than higher amp output. 10 amps is plenty for a Tootle Puffer.
Baditude was explaining in post 3 Correct battery for evic? | E-Cigarette Forum

that this is a better battery to get. Should I be getting flat top or button top?
Shouldn't matter for your Evic. Unless the manufacturer states that their product requires one or the other, either will suffice.

Reactions: AlphaMamba
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread