Could someone kindly help a total newb drip with an Ego Twist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
I agree that all you need is an atomizer and a drip tip... but I like and recommend a drip shield, it keeps leaks from getting on your hands and battery. It doesn't seem that everyone feels the need for one, so maybe I'm just dripping an extra drop each time or something. Anyway I was getting juice leaking and tried a drip shield -- it solved all my issues.

If you do get a drip shield, you will most likely need a 510-510 connector. That will extend the length of the atomizer so that the drip shield can fit over the atomizer. If you get a sealed 510-510 connector, it can also help to protect your battery by sealing it off from leaks.

Another optional item would be an eGo cone, just purely for aesthetics. It makes your Twist look nice by covering the exposed eGo threading. If you really end up liking dripping it may be worth it to get those extra components.

Drip Shields only work really well with 901 atomizers. With 901 atomizers, the drip shield will run the extra juice straight back into the atomizer. with a 510 atomizer, the drip shield will help stop the mess on your hands, but it will still be there underneath the drip shield, meaning when you try to take the atomizer off, all the mess then goes all over when you are done. I don't see the point. I mistakenly bought drip shields for my 510 atomizers and it was a waste.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Thank you! I'm using the Kanger T3 eGo Bottom Coil Clearomizers.

I bought a starter kit from them and it came with 2, but I quickly realized I want more than that. I'm placing another order today, actually, for drip stuff and I'm going to try the Evod too!

Totally unbiased opinion: I LOVE T3's! Lol Seriously - one of the easier (less frustrating) devices for newbies. Bottom coil: so as long as there is liquid in there they work. Top coil clearos work too - but they need tipping and rolling around to keep them going as the liquid level goes down.. T3 coil can be changed and cleaned as needed. Your step-up device if you want to go there would be the Kanger ProTank. Same concept, but with a glass tank instead. Evod? Another minor variation of the same thing.

General note: With any plastic clearo you need to be aware of what liquids you put in them. The general classes of citrus based flavors and cinnamon (like cinnamon red hot flavors) can crack plastic tanks. Kanger ProTank is glass - you can put any flavor in those.

J_Gundy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
Sonoma, CA, USA
Drip Shields only work really well with 901 atomizers. With 901 atomizers, the drip shield will run the extra juice straight back into the atomizer. with a 510 atomizer, the drip shield will help stop the mess on your hands, but it will still be there underneath the drip shield, meaning when you try to take the atomizer off, all the mess then goes all over when you are done. I don't see the point. I mistakenly bought drip shields for my 510 atomizers and it was a waste.

Interesting, I'll have to look into that. It would be nice to have the juice rerouted. I don't think a 510 is a waste or mistake though, it saves you from messes and you can drip without needing to carry around a tissue or papertowel. LOL.

Thanks for that info though, I am going to look into that, sounds like a nice product.

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
I too bought a drip shield, and really only notices it kept the liquid out of the connection, but it didn't "re-feed" the atty as was advertised on the site. I don't have any 901s, so I dunno how that works. Its nice to not have to carry around the paper towels though, that I admit.

Everyone's experience is different, and most folks are good about speaking the truth here, one of the things I love about the ECF.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Good point, I forgot to mention the "good voltage" to set those for... I popped a few my first time because I was too hot... Save yourself some cash by not blowing up your atty's. Fire them too high, and "pop!" no more atty. I noticed they also have the vision variety of those style atty's with the "spatter guard" installed (bridgeless as well)

I still don't see that much of a difference in a bridgeless over a bridged atty, tbh. Some folks swear they do, but me personally, I don't see it. Of my 306's, two are bridged, one has been de-bridged. they taste the same to me.

YMMV, of course. Ocelot? any difference to you?

I cover it briefly in my blog. It's the same as dripping with a regular atty, but you have to pay a bit more attention (at least until you get a rhythm going). You're dripping right onto the coil, think of dripping water onto an electric stove burner - instant sizzle! With no mesh (and often no wick) to hold the juice you have to drip more often and may get dry hits more often. Some say the flavor is more intense, but it's been so long since I've used a bridgeless I don't remember.

Notorious2again

Moved On
Aug 1, 2013
Austin, TX
I just got a couple of 510 attys and a drip tip from discountvapers today. I'm using one for the first time this evening and I've got to ask - how many hits are folks getting before having to drip again? I'm taking 5-6 second slow, deep draws. Using an eGo C upgrade at 3.7 volts, and the atty is 2.4 ohms. I'm getting good flavor, but I can't see what's going on inside so don't know when to add liquid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread