The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Count It All Joy

Discussion in 'Christian Vapers' started by Saintscruiser1, Sep 25, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Saintscruiser1

Saintscruiser1 Moved On

Sep 22, 2018
    James 1:2-3 2) My Brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials. 3) Knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.

I haven't quite fully accomplished this yet. I can take a great task, sorrow, emotional crushing, but not all at the same time. Trials.....sure, but when you are about to be crushed with trials, I shut down, and I don't count it all joy. It's the exact opposite! Because, then you jump into patience, which I can do for a while, but if it's too much, I shut down. I don't mix and mingle with people when I shut down. Now I see it for other people and can suggest different things, but when it gets too much for me, I hibernate.

So do you count it all joy? How do you cope when the bottom falls out? Now I am talking about a rainbow of things when you just want to give up. Be honest.

2. Ceejay0875

Ceejay0875 Super Member ECF Veteran

May 24, 2016
    Nope, not me, not at all. I do ok for a while, but then I hit the breaking point and then that is just it no more! I throw my tantrum, usually not too long after this point things start to work out. Maybe it's God's way of saying, "Look, I know you're thoroughly disgusted and have had it, so just be honest about it." If I am at that point I am also more honest with others who then may also know that I actually need prayer or help, instead of just saying "I'm ok," or "You know, still chugging along, same old, same old," I'm more apt to say "This really sucks and I can't take any more!" of course then I'm also more apt to not be so polite when someone oh so much better than me fires back with the inevitable "God never gives us more than we can handle (smiling)!"

Then again, I must also add that I am pretty introverted irl and naturally stay away from folks whenever possible. I have found since being able to stay away from peoples, certain types of trials do not occur as often. This is my personality, so please know, if someone reading this goes on to tell me that God means for me to be some kind of social butterfly, that's all well and good if it works for you, it doesn't for me so please leave it at that, and we will agree to disagree.

• Love Love x 1
  3. Saintscruiser1

Saintscruiser1 Moved On

Sep 22, 2018
    One other thing, I am NOT depressed. This Scripture came to mind, today, and I thought it could be a really good discussion because everybody's opinion is a learning tool......whether good or bad. Something can always be gleaned. :2c:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ceejay0875

May 24, 2016
    Didn't think you were (depressed), I'm not either. Just being around other people too much absolutely drains me and I just don't function well at all. At this minute, I am sitting at my drawing table waiting on some ink to dry...so all in all, a great day! (Except son and hubby will expect to eat sometime tonight, so...gonna start that now, maybe ink will be dry when stuff starts cooking and can sqeeze out a little more work!)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Saintscruiser1

Saintscruiser1 Moved On

Sep 22, 2018
    CJ, I hate those phrases!!! That's when you want to pop off and say, "Oh really? From where I stand, I'm crumbling!" I had a woman pass by me when I was still working with the ailments I still have and she was talking about my slacking church attendance. It was like a point made with a wagging finger. It wasn't my brightest hour, but I told her what all I was dealing with and said, "Don't condemn me without walking in my shoes!" It was just the wrong day to mess with me. I didn't curse, but I was firm. Afterward, I hope she thought twice about inserting her nose where it didn't belong. I do know I didn't apologize. I didn't feel I had anything to apologize for, but she was a lot older than me. But then again, she was old enough to know better!

We are not perfect.....I wish I had a better excuse for doing the things I do.:(

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ceejay0875

May 24, 2016
    No, no apology necessary for things like that. I've had people get on me for my husband not going to church and gee, the man works 60+ hours a week to feed us, those hours are nights, some of them being Saturday nights, and if he does go to church after working a Saturday night all he does is fall asleep. Oh, and I love the "Well, you just have to have more faith...". Just remember Job's buddies weren't all that great either. And then people like that wonder why people don't want to go to church...it's sad, really.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Saintscruiser1

Saintscruiser1 Moved On

Sep 22, 2018
    Yeah....."Your faith isn't strong enough, or you'd be healed! You need stronger faith!" Or, "You're not saved if you don't speak in tongues." And don't you love what Job's wife said? "Just curse God and die!"

When do you guys have 'family' time? That's awful, CJ.

I did a no no and didn't even know it. When I was on this site before, I was just Saintscruiser. My computer crashed and got a chrome book via a Christmas gift from my son. So, I re-registered as Saintscruiser1. That is one heap big mistake. I'm talking to Classwife and she's going to take care of it. I don't know how long I'll be able to post since this name will be deleted. MM told me that and I pm'd her. We shall see what we shall see!:pop:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ceejay0875

May 24, 2016
    No problem-I remember you-Jack Sparrow avi right?

Not much family time but we get what we can. I homeschool though so we get some extra in by being a little flexible. Hubby provides quite the distraction from schoolwork though- we try to get as much done before he comes home in the morning as we can, and if we have something really big (like an exam or essay) we wait till he goes to bed, otherwise he keeps coming in and talking (he's not the introvert that I am)!

Hope classy gets your account straightened out and that you can still post, maybe will be under your original name.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Saintscruiser1

Saintscruiser1 Moved On

Sep 22, 2018
    "That's Captain....Captain Jack Sparrow," said by Captain Jack Sparrow about to be hung. LOL Don't tell anyone, but I have a poster taped to the inside of my pantry door of Captain Jack Sparrow. I just loved the character! And my broom closet has a magazine ad with him in it for Sauvage. Of course it's an 8 x 10. It's only the 2 vs 5 Jesus pictures. I can't get anymore as I don't have any space left on my walls. I have a curio cabinet full of Jesus statues, a molded Jesus candle, a glass Lion, a replica of a Biblical candle holder, an authentic widow's mite and other stuff. But, when I want to spend some time with the Captain, I watch one of the movies.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ceejay0875

May 24, 2016
    We were at a comic convention a couple years ago and someone was cosplaying as the good captain. Costume, hair, makeup, very well done-looked exactly like him! Actually thought of you when I saw them, kept thinking I shoulda got a picture to post!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Saintscruiser1

Saintscruiser1 Moved On

Sep 22, 2018
    That would have been priceless!!!:banana::banana::banana:

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.